Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Bella

Chelsea’s pov

As I ran toward la push I thought about what my werewolf friends would say about them having to lay low. Sam would surely be pissed and my new appearance wouldn’t make things any better. I hadn’t seen any of them since Sam attacked me that one night. How would Jacob take it, seeing me as one of his enemies instead of one of his friends? Would he attack me like Sam did or would he still treat me like his best friend? I stopped my racing mind just in time to avoid a red truck speeding down the highway. Did I just see Bella Swan? I froze searching my mind for an answer I didn’t want to find. It couldn’t be. How could she..? Why would she…? I had to see for certain. I raced toward the house that finally would reveal the truth; Isabella Swan’s house. As I neared the drive way all types of questions flew into my head. Would Edward leave me if he knew that Bella was back? Would he get mad at me if I didn’t tell him she was? I knew the answer to the second question and I think I knew in my heart the answer to the first. I approached the side on the house just as they got out the truck. Charlie was struggling to tell Bella something.

“You excited to be back home Bells.”
“Yeah, I’m about to go in the house and call Edward right now.” My body tightened at her words.
“Hey bells.”
“Yeah dad.”
“Um.. I’m sorry to tell you this kid but that Edward guy as a new girl friend.”
“What?” The pain on her face made me pity her. We both shared the one thing that was unshakable. Our love for Edward Cullen.
“I’m really sorry bells but he’s moved on.” Tears started to fall down her face.
“I’ll be ok dad. He’s just a boy right? There tones of fish in the sea.” Both Charlie and I could see behind the charade Bella was trying to shield behind. Charlie being the father he was gave her the benefit of the doubt and walked in the house to give Bella her space.
“How could he do this to me?”
“I don’t believe him. He’s lying.” Bella reached into her back pocket and pulled out her cell phone. My mind was racing. She wouldn’t really call Edward would she?
“Hello, Edward.” Yes, she would. She most definitely would.
“Bella?”
“Yeah, it’s me.”
“Where are you?”
“In forks.”
“Are you at your house?”
“Yes.”
“Bella what’s wrong?” I assumed he heard her sobbing through the phone.
“Do you have a new girlfriend Edward?” What would he tell her? Would her spear her feelings and tell her no, or would he want her know to and tell the truth.
“Bella it’s complicated.”
“How? Do you have a girlfriend Edward?”
“I’m on my way over there.”

Edward arrived at Bella’s house in almost half the time it had taken me. He really was the fastest in the family. But even if that were so was Bella still important enough that he would race to her house to be at her side in a moment’s notice? Right now I couldn’t be sure.

“Bella. Why did you come back?”
“I missed you. I meant what I said when I said I dream about being with you forever.” Edward put his head down. Probably ashamed of how he had betrayed Bella’s love for him.

“I still love you.” My chest started to tighten up.
“What about your girlfriend?”

My eyes widened at what they saw next. Edward leaned in a kissed Bella. The kisses he gave me weren’t like this. The kiss that I watched take place before me seemed more urgent or pressed for time. I couldn’t believe. It I started to walk toward Bella and Edward without realizing my actions. By the time the kiss was over I was standing three feet away from them. Blankly staring at them with a confused look on my face. I didn’t understand. Edward released Bella and turned toward shocked to see me there.

“Chelsea?”
“Why?”
“Chelsea, please understand...”
“What was the point of you saving me when all your doing is putting me through a fate worst then death.”
“A fate worst then death? Edward, who is this girl?”
“Yes. Living for eternity with a broken heart.”
“Who are you?” I turned to face Bella now.
“I guess I’m the girl who was keeping your place warm while you were gone.”
“Your Edward’s girlfriend.”
“No.” Edward’s eyes widened. “Not anymore. Edward made his decision, now I must make mine”.

I turned and ran, not toward la push and not toward home. I ran to the furthest place from Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. I couldn’t stay in forks, not right now. I might have done something drastic like killed Bella. I can’t say I wasn’t surprised when Edward didn’t chase after me. After all why would he, he had Bella now so he was complete again. The whole that I had worked so hard to try and fill finally was.

Where would I go? I had no one, and nowhere. I stopped to sit down and think about my next step. I had run for about an hour so I knew I had to be long gone from Forks, Washington. Maybe I shouldn’t have reacted like that. Maybe Edward had a god reason of what he did. I jumped at the voice that interrupted my thoughts.

“I did have a good reason for kissing her Chels.” How the fuck did he find me.
“Why did you follow me?”
“I couldn’t just let you run off. We have a party to host in less than an hour.”
“I’m not going?”
“Chelsea I only kissed Bella because Alice told me she was coming back and she was going to crash the party being all upset.”
“So...”
“The vampires there were going to try and kill her and my family was going to be in the middle. I was doing I for their sake.”
“It would seem like you were going it to protect Bella.”
“Ugh you can be so stupid sometimes. If word got out that we protected a human the Volturri would be in forks quicker than a blink of an eye.”
“And that would be bad?”

“Very they could kill us all and I would let one human cost me losing you. Once the party is over I will tell Bella the truth. She isn’t important to me Chelsea I told you that.”
I didn’t know if I could believe Edward or not, but I wanted to so badly that I did. Looking in his eyes made me know he was telling the truth and I didn’t have to have the power of reading minds to know it. Edward leant in and kissed me, not how he had kissed Bella but passionate and caring. More like he wanted to rather than he had. Actions do speak louder than words because even if he did still love Bella from this kiss I knew he loved me more.

“So are you willing to get ready for your party now?”

“I think so.”

We were off again running towards home. Home. I did have a place and I always would. So much had happened between the time of me having to tell Jacob to lay low and ending up going to Bella’s house instead. I was really about to leave Edward. I didn’t care that I would hurt leaving him I wanted him to be happy, and now he would be. We were together and nothing would ever again turn me against him. Edward had saved my life the least I could give him in return was a trust.