Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Changed

Leah’s P.O.V.

I raced through the woods towards Seth, Jacob, and Jazmine with Sam and Paul behind me.

‘Jacob stop it!’ Jazmine screamed. ‘Seth don’t!’

I broke through the clearing and skidded to a stop when I saw Jacob digging his claws into Seth. Seth laid on his back digging at Jacob’s face trying to put a stop to him. I had to save Seth.

‘Leah don’t!’ Sam yelled. He hadn’t used his Alpha command yet, meaning I didn’t have to listen. I rushed towards Jacob knocking him off of Seth. I stood my ground in front of Seth, protecting him as Jacob stood his own ground baring his teeth at me.

‘Move Leah!’ He growled.

‘So you can kill Seth? Seriously do I look that stupid Jake?’ I shot at glare at him and then we all looked at Renee as she walked into the clearing, her eyes glistening with hurt. I looked at Jacob as the mental pictures of him and Jazmine licking each other in the snow filled each of our heads. That image was knocked out of the way with Seth’s as he thought about jumping over me and attacking Jacob. Then Renee’s thoughts of attacking Jazmine took place. I shook my head back and forth trying to erase all the violence filling my head. I growled furious at what was happening to our pack.

‘I CANT TAKE THIS!!’ I yelled.

Seth looked up at me, his scars healing in front of my eyes.

‘Leah don’t.’ Sam begged.

‘No! I know I haven’t been the biggest advocate for peace, but this is too much. Everybody wants to fight each other.’

‘Hey I don’t want to fight anyone.’ Paul said.
I shot a glare at Paul. ‘Seth I’ll see you at home, if I come home.’ I turned away from them and ran.

‘Leah don’t do this it’ll kill mom!’

‘Not like I haven’t killed a parent before.’

Images of my father dropping dead in front of me after I phased filled my entire mind. The pack whimpered in grief as I ran towards the only person I felt safe and comfortable with.

After running to my house and grabbing some clothes I made my way to Jasper’s house. I changed behind the tree after I phased and then stood there, unsure what to do. The whole entire land was decorated so beautifully. I looked at the front porch and saw Alice, Esme, Emmett, and Jasper hanging lights. I wonder what the occasion was? Alice head snapped in my direction and the rest of the family crowded around her. Jasper looked my way and then smiled.

“This isn’t cute Jasper. She’ll ruin everything!” I heard Alice shout, then disappear into the house. I closed my eyes tight, ashamed at what drama I had brought. I opened my eyes and was startled to see Jasper standing in front of me.

“What are you doing here?”

I stepped back and shrugged. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to cause anymore problems. But I…I really don’t have anywhere else to go.” I held m head down and leaned against the tree. “I think I left the pack.”

Jasper looked at me and held my hand in his. “I’m sorry. I didn’t realize how you felt.”

“No its fine. You looked busy.”

He nodded his head and looked towards the porch. “We’re getting ready for Chelsea’s party.”

“What party?” He pulled me along side of him and we walked towards the house where Esme and Emmett were still putting up lights.

“Her Fangamorphosis.”

I looked at him confused and he must of sensed it. “Its like her coming out party to the vampire world.”

I nodded my head then shot a worried look at him. “Does that mean its going to be more vampires her?”

He nodded his head. “Yes.”

I shook my head back and forth. A vampire party? Great. Just what I needed right now. I stopped at the first step of the porch and looked at Jasper’s “Mother” and brother. Esme looked at me with a wide smile and strung a strand of light around a column of the porch in 2 seconds flat.

“Leah I’m Esme. Its wonderful to finally meet you.” She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close. “Jasper and the others have told me so much about you.”
Jasper pulled me close to him and smiled. “Esme we have a little problem. It seems Leah has no where to go.”

Emmett stopped stringing the lights and joined Esme on the stairs.
“I don’t want to cause any problems, I can go somewhere else.” Where would I go though?

“Nonsense. We just have to make accommodations. Come with me Leah.”
I looked at Esme’s hand and then up at Jasper. He smiled at me and nodded his head towards Esme. I took her hand and walked into the house.

I had never been inside of the Cullens’ home before and I was shocked at the brightness and the homey feeling I acquired once I walked into the living room.

“Sorry for the smell if it bothers you. We could find another place for you if you liked.”

“No the smell is fine. I’m growing to like it.” I followed her to the stairs and walked up them side by side with her.

“Well unfortunately there isn’t a bed. But I’ll have Emmett and Jasper go out and get you one immediately.

I nodded my head. “Its fine. I wont be here long. I just needed time to think without other people interfering.”

“Well this is Jasper’s room you’ll be staying in.”

I nodded my head and dropped my book bag on the ground. “Thank you Mrs. Cullen.” I smiled at her and sat on the lonely couch in the bedroom.

“Do you need anything? Jasper or myself could fix you something to eat.”

“No I’m fine. I just need some time to think.”

She nodded her head graciously and quickly disappeared out of the room, gone before I could even blink. I pulled my feet up on the couch and looked around the room. It was filled with books of all kinds. The walls were decorated with old guns and knives. My nose burned slightly from the over masked scent of vampire. But other then that I was fine. Actually more then fine, I felt at home. The thought of home hit my heart hard. I didn’t mean the last thing I said to Seth today in the clearing. I did care if something happened to our mother and it hurt me more then anyone when my father’s death was brought up. Seth tried to convince me many times that it wasn’t my fault, but I highly doubted that.

“Leah?” My eyes shot in the direction of the door as Chelsea walked further into the room.

“Oh my God Chelsea!” I jumped up then stopped. “Jacob isn’t going to believe this!” I exclaimed.

She wasn’t the same Chelsea on the outside. Her skin was tight, but beautiful none the less. Everything shinned on her in the minimum light that shone through the semi-closed drapes. Her eyes were brighter then before and now an intense hazel, just like Jasper’s.

“I can hardly believe it.” She pulled me into a hug and her freezing cold skin brought my boiling temperature down. Her skin was rock heard. Everything about her was a vampire, the old Chelsea was no longer here. “But what are you doing here?” She asked.

“I left the pack. I just couldn’t stand all tha fighting. It was driving me crazy. I mean, I know I started it, but it wasn’t initial.” I walked back to the couch and sat down, pulling my legs up with me.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” She sat next to me on the couch. “Are you going back?”
I looked at her and shrugged. Her voice was now musical, playing its own tune as she spoke. “I don’t know. I just, I just need to think about it.” Chelsea nodded and stood up. “Did Jasper tell you about the party?”

I nodded my head. “Yeah I don’t plan on staying for long. So no problems intended.”
She nodded her head again the pulled out her ringing phone. She scanned the screen with her eyes quickly then put it back in her pocket. “We’ll talk more later. Rosalie needs to do my hair.”
“Okay.”

She left out of the room and once again I was left with my thoughts. I didn’t know what I wanted to do anymore. I knew I could leave and runaway. Two things would stop me from that, Seth and Jasper. My heart wouldn’t allow me to leave either one of them. The pack had become my life, my family. When I phased for the first time, giving my father a heat attack, I had no one that understood me. But, the pack eased the pain as much as they could. And when Jazmine came along I no longer felt alone or a freak. If I left them, who would I have then? No one. I would have to go back sooner or later. It would probably be later though, because I still didn’t know how to balance Jasper with my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. Senior stuff was getting crazy, but i'm done. I don't go back til the 4th and that's for graduation.