Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Pyro

I walked in Edwards room and he was leaning over his couch with his head in his hands. Something was bothering him.

“Edward?” He lifted his head but didn’t look in my direction.

“Is this about Bella?” He glared at me wordlessly. I cringed, waiting for the retort. He just continued to glare, possibly too angry to speak. His face was hard and his posture tense. I counted to a hundred in my head, but there was no change.

“Edward what’s wrong?”

A low growl rumbled in his chest, but his expression didn’t change.

“Should I leave?” I insisted with a gesture towards the door.

He moved towards me, his eyes closed, and pinched the bridge of his nose between the fingers of his right hand.

“Chelsea,” he whispered. “Do you have any idea how mad I would be if you ever left me?”

“What are you talking about Edward? I would never leave you.” He sighed a little and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Alice told me about you leaving.” He murmured. That snitch. I was thinking of another word not too far from the first.

“I just want you to be happy.”

“I wouldn‘t be happy if you left.” He reminded me. I looked up at his face.

“You weren‘t supposed to know about it.” Edward smiled and reached for a book I had been reading from off the night stand. It was Wuthering Heights. I was glad he was about to change the subject.

“What makes this book so interesting to you. It’s so deteriorating.
Especially the page you left off on.” Heathcliff was speaking, I knew the passage well.

And there you see the distinction between our feelings.
If I had been in her place and she in mine, though I hated
her with all the hatred, I wouldn’t have raised a hand
against her. I would have never banished her from his
society as long as he desired her in it. The moment his
regard ceased, I would have torn her heart out, and drank
her blood! But until then- if you don’t believe me you don’t
know me - till then, I would have died before I touched a
single hair on her head.

He smiled at the three words drank her blood. Of course he knew I wouldn’t kill Bella but it was a nice thought.

“Chelsea. It is hard seeing Bella again. I can‘t just take her out of my life.”

“I know. So as long as you want her in your world..” He knew what I was going to say so there was no need to finish.

“I want you both in my world.”

“I won’t make you chose Edward.”

“There isn‘t a choice to make your fire and she’s ice. It‘s like night and day. Your the sun and she’s the moon. Everyone else are the clouds.”

“The clouds I can handle but I can fight an eclipse.” At the last statement I got off the bed and walked out of the room. I was able to catch a quick glance at Edwards face. It was back to being hard as stone.

My head was throbbing and my throat was burning. Would it simply be that easy to accept Bella in Edwards life and carry on as if she were not an image of him and I except in his past? No it would not be that easy. I paced down stairs and tried to gain my composure before the guests began to arrive. I recovered it just in time. The nomads were the first to arrive , they greeted me and Edward flew to my side in the exact moment they asked where he was as though we made panned the whole thing. Only us knowing that wasn’t at all the case. In groups vampires came through the front door and went to the backyard. I remembered to get the names of the vampires before I shook their hands. When Kate had introduced herself I made sure to extend a gesture to the backyard and welcomed her humbly. The party was going on wonderfully everyone was taking turns demonstrating there powers when they suddenly turned their heads to me. Edward came and whispered in my ear

“Its your turn.” My eyes grew in size. Emmett started smiling at my reaction.
“My turn for what?”

“To see your ability.”

“I don‘t have one.”

“You don’t know that.” He had a point I didn’t know if I had a ability or not but I was about to find out. I stepped forward and a little girl no older than 15 years old stared at me. I turned to Edward.

“She is trying to see if you have an ability.” Oh now I understood. So I stood still and let the petite girl do her job. After a while the girl started smiling.

“She isn‘t a shield!” The girl yelled to the on lookers. Some started mumbling amongst themselves while others just shook their heads.

“She isn‘t a elemental.” How many categories were they’re to distinguish me from?

“She isn‘t a telekinetic.” Ok I knew what I wasn’t now I wanted to know what I was.

“She is a..a..pyro.” The crowd stopped their murmuring and stared at me furthering their distance from me at the same time. They were afraid but why? What was a pyro and what was so bad about them? Edward understood the question on my face and grabbed my hand and lead me into the house.

“E-Ed-Edward.” Terror lined my voice. “What‘s wrong with pyros?”

“They can kill vampires very easily.”

“How?”

“By setting them on fire.”

“So I can …” I couldn’t even fix my lips to say it.

“Yes.” His voice was hard. Was he afraid too.

“How is that..”

“You can create fire from your hands. If you can‘t control your anger it will get out of control.”

“So when I get mad my hands catch on fire?”

“Yes, but they‘ll get hot first so you‘ll know when its coming. Here I‘ll show you.” He lead me out the front door and took off in a full sprint. He didn’t stop until he reached a clearing where the trees were fifty feet away on all sides. He was going to show me what he was talking about.

*PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE*
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this has taken so long but i will be posting a lot more since i GRADUATED! 09 once again sorry and if u subscribe u will be notified when knew posts happen, and i love comments