Which Path Is the Wrong Path

I want you

Edward's p.o.v

It had been a month since Chelsea had left. School would be starting back soon. It was the last week in august and summer break was coming to an end. Would Chelsea miss her senior year of high school just to avoid Bella and me? I sat in my room wondering what she was doing all this time that she had been away, where she had gone, and who she had met. Chelsea never sent letters, pictures, or called so none of us knew how she was doing. Jacob, Jaz, and Leah called from time to time to see if she had come back but they always got the same response. Jacob blamed me for Chelsea leaving and he was right it was my fault. To ease the pain I started talking to Bella again. Only as friends. I tried to replace her with Chelsea; it wasn’t working. Bella only occasionally asked about the girl she had only saw once claiming to be my girlfriend, when I ignored the question she got the message and dismissed it. I didn’t think Chelsea would stay gone this long, but Carlisle told me there was no time limit for when Chelsea would come home. She had an immortals’ time limit and that never ran out. Since school was starting in a few weeks I used most of my time to study ahead when I wasn’t thinking about Chelsea, or I wasn’t with Bella. The family said it was a bad idea bringing Bella around. If Chelsea came back and saw us together she might get the wrong idea, and with her powers and strength we had no idea where that would lead. But I couldn’t help it Bella was the only thing that eased the pain of her leaving. Bella and I walked down stairs to the kitchen. Since Bella was here most of the time we kept our fridge stocked with human food.
“So what classes are you taking this year?” Bella sat down at the table in the kitchen as I walked over to the fridge.
“Um… a few advanced courses. What about you?” All we ever talked about was school. I walked over to the table placing a box of cereal and milk down. Bella reached for the both.
“Thanks. Yeah, I’m taking some advanced courses.” She put her hands on the table and started playing with them. She wanted to ask me something.
“What do you wanna ask me Bella?”
“Nothing.”
“Bella.”
“Ok, I was just wondering who died.” I tilted me head not understanding what she was talking about.
“Died?”
“Yeah your whole family has been moping around for weeks like someone died or something. What‘s going on?” So she had noticed the change. My family wasn’t full of joy like they use to be. Even Esme rarely smiled now.
“I don‘t know what your talking about.” I reached in the cabinet and grabbed a bowl for Bella.
“Is this about that girl, the one who was your girlfriend?” Bella stared up at me. What was I going to tell her? I turned away from her and stared out the window.
“Yes it is about her.” The truth.
“I figured that‘s what it was, so where is she?”
“I don’t know she left and didn‘t tell us where she was going.”
“She broke up with…”
“No she just left.”
“Why?” I turned to stare at her. “Oh”
“It’s not your fault. She left because she thought it was what I wanted.”
“Is it what you wanted?” Bella reached her hands across the table to put them on mine. I pulled them back so I was out of her reach.
“At first…I didn‘t….she thought you and I…I still love.”
“Edward?”
“I don‘t know” At my words Bella started to cry. I knew this would happen, I would end up hurting one of them.
“But you love me.”
“Your right I do but I love Chelsea too.”
“Why? Is it because she’s immortal? That isn‘t fair. I asked to be turned plenty of times.” Bella got up from the table and walked out of the house. “Call me when you figure it out who you want.” I got up and walked over to catch bella’s arm.
“You’re the one I want now.”