Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Love

Jazmine's POV

'Jacob, stop!' Quil thought as he tried to keep up with Jake's fast pace.
Jacob ignored him, and ran faster, and harder. Vibrations circulated through the ground each time his massive paws connected to the Earth. I really didn't see how we were going to stop Jake. He was faster than all of us, except Leah. But she wasn't with us. And from the looks of it there was nothing we could say that would stop him unless..

'Jacob...I-I love you.'
'Jazz, I love you too. But this isn't the time." Jacob's thoughts were agitated.
I sighed and ran a little faster trying to keep up with him.
'No...I don't mean it like that, Jake. Look.'

I slowed down as my thoughts of when I first imprinted on Jacob filled my head, and the entire pack. When I first turned into a wolf about three months ago. Jacob was the only there with me at the time. I didn't know what was happening to me. I had got mad at something that my momma had said to me over the phone that day. The next thing I knew was that I was shaking uncontrollably, and everything else after that became a blur. I woke up in my bed with Jacob laying next to me sleep, and when I looked at his beautiful, peaceful face; that was the only thing I saw. Jacob came to a irrupt halt, using his heels as brakes. He stopped so quickly that the others flew right pass him, and had to turn back around. I stopped a few feet away from the pack. Jack's back was facing me, but everybody else had their eyes on me; in complete shock. Nobody knew about me imprinting, besides Leah. I was good at hiding my thoughts away from the pack. I could build an imaginary wall in my mind to block out what I didn't want the others to see. I was the only that could do that, and it frustrated the pack to always see my mind blank.

'You imprinted on Jake?' Seth whispered. My ears cuffed to my head in shame, and embarrassment.
'Why didn't you tell me?' Jake questioned. I didn't want him to know. He'd already imprinted on someone else. Renee.
'It didn't seem fair.' I thought.

Jake turned around slowly and looked at me with his head cocked to the left His soft eyes glistened in the moon light, and it felt like that my heart was going to bust out of my chest.

'How?'
'You already found the love of your life. I didn't want to ruin that for you.'
'Good. Because if you ruined our relationship I would have to whoop your a---'
I quickly shot an vicious look at Rene', stopping her from finishing her sentence. I never liked this girl. Not because Jake imprinted on her, but because of the way she carried herself. Like, she was too good for everybody. A stuck up bi---

‘IM NOT STUCK UP!' She bared her teeth at me. 'Don't be mad because you can't ever have Jacob, or experience what I do."

My mind quickly filled with Rene's thoughts of her and Jacob. The thoughts that should be kept private. The whole pack howled in disgust.

‘Rene, enough!' Jake growled at her.

But she didn't. A low rumbling noise came from her chest. She was laughing.
I couldn't take it anymore. My eyes narrowed on her figure as my lips hastily pulled back over my teeth, showing them all. My fur standing on end, like a cat that feels threatened. And my curly tail was low, in between my hind legs. I ran forward, attacking her with all my force. I jumped on her back, drilling my canines into the back of her neck. I heard as loud yelps escaped her throat. She forcefully shook me off of her causing me to fall over on my back. Rene' took that as her advantage and jumped on top of me, biting me on the side of my neck. I held in my yelps and placed both of my medium size paws to her chest, pushing her off of me, and into a tree that broke in half with impact. I leaped to my paws, attacking her again. This time, I grabbed hold of her left ear shredding it, and then started biting her on her all over her face.

‘JAZMINE, STOP!!' Jacob howled.

I wanted to stop, but I couldn't. It felt like I was no longer in control of my body. The adrenaline coursed through my body like a shock wave. My instincts took over, and I was set in kill mode. I felt a heavy pressure on my rear end, and soon I realized that I was no longer attacking Rene'. She was becoming smaller in the distance as she stood up, fur soaked in blood. It didn't take me anything but a few seconds to realize that I was being dragged away from the scene and deeper into the woods. Just like Sam had a few nights ago. I knew who was pulling on me, so I didn't fight back. Once the pack was no longer in our view the pressure on my tail subsided, but the thickness in the air didn't. I sat down on my haunches and curl my tail beside me. I could feel Jacob's eyes burning a hole into my back.

'WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, JAZMINE?!'

I didn't respond. I just looked far into the distance at nothing in particular. Within a flash Jacob was in front of my face, cutting of my view of the distance. His eyes were full or fury, and annoyance. Not being able to hold his gaze, I sniffed at the ground for no specific scent. I could feel him trying to hear my thoughts, but I quickly put my imaginary wall up. He snorted.

'What you did back there was unacceptable, and you know it.' I lifted my head up, But...'

'But, nothing, Jazz!' He growled. I lowered my head again in pain. He doesn't know how much he's hurting me. I decided to show him. He whimpered loudly as my thought hit him like a punch in the face.

'I’m sorry..' He shook his head wildly, trying to get rid of my thoughts. 'But what do you want me to do?' I shield you my thoughts, and looked up into his soft eyes.
'I want you to love me.' It was more of a beg, then a demand. He shook his head slowly from left to right, his shaggy russet hair moving gracefully.
'I can't....I love Rene''

Visions of him proposing to her flowed into my head. It felt like Jacob poured gasoline all over my heart and threw a match to it. My heart burnt with agonizing pain. I stood up as my eyes begin to shine with my salty tears.

'Please?' I pushed. 'Can you pretend that you love me?'
'False feelings?' He asked, unsure. I was so desperate for his love, that I would take anything he through at me. I nodded slowly. He stared at me for a moment, and then finally he replied.
'Jazz...I-I...I just can't do that. I’m sorry.'
'Why? Why can't you just give me false feelings?' I whined.
'Because----I don't know.'

I knew why. I heard his thoughts that he tried so hard to keep away from me He was afraid that the false feelings would become real. He didn't want that to happen. It was unclear why. But, just that fact that he didn't want to love me was more than I could bare. I slowly backed away from him, turned around and ran the opposite direction of him. The opposite direction of home.

'Jazmine, wait!' Jake called after me.

I could heard his paws slamming against the ground after me, on my tail. I sped up, forced my legs to go as fast as possible. Jacob's paw steps begin to get faint, and fainter. Even though I could barely hear him following me anymore; I continued to run. All four of my legs became completely numb as I ran as far as I could. At one point, it didn't feel like my legs were still there. It felt like I was floating peacefully through the woods. I ran so far and hard, that I literally blacked out from exhaustion. I didn't care where I was, or if I died. As long as I wasn't near Jacob anymore.