‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Two

Jimmy closed the door behind us and walked me over to where Zacky and Brian were standing. No one said anything, we were all shocked. Instead for saying anything I took out a cigarette, as soon as I did so Brian and Zacky did the exact same thing.

"Did you guys know?" I asked looking over to Brian; Jimmy's arm was still resting on my shoulder. Brian shocked his head "We've joked about it," Jimmy quietly said, "but never imagined it would be the truth" he said; he still sounded shocked.

As they started walking over the car I finally started to realize what had just happened. He might be a vampire but he is still one of my best friends ever. This guy helped me through hell lots of shit, sure he put me into some as well, but he was always there for me. I can't just ditch him like that. I can't let him go through that shit all alone, I'm not like that.

I turned around and started going back into the house. "Woah, J, where ya goin'?" Jimmy shouted after me, noticing his hand rest has disappeared. "I'm going back inside, man" I said smiling. I don't know how I got the courage to but I felt very confidence about this decision.

"Are you insane?!" he looked at me weirdly. "He is going to kill you!" he said; I shrugged. "You've known him longer than I have, you should know better that he wouldn't" I said. He just shook his head and told me that they were leaving. I nodded and walked over Matt's house.

When I got to the door I was getting a little bit nervous and scared. Taking a deep breathe I knocked on the door. After a minute there was still no answer. I knocked again. Three seconds later it opened.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" A confused Matt asked me. I smiled and walked inside; he closed the door after me. I sat on the couch and threw my legs on the table. "What's up?" I asked and saw he was still confused. "Alright, the thing is…well you've got lots of shit in your life right now and I don't think you should go though it alone so I wanna help you out" I explained "Could you get me a beer or something?" I added before he said anything.

He went to the kitchen and came back with a cold bottle for me, gladly I started drinking it when I noticed he didn't take for himself one. I asked him if he doesn't want as well; he shook his head "It just doesn't have the affect anymore" was his explanation. I wasn't sure if I completely understood it but I didn't bother asking.

"So…what's up?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. He just shrugged. I couldn't even tell if he wanted me here or just wanted to be alone. "Hmmm….Matt?" he nodded and looked at me. "I guess you kind of want to be alone now?" I somewhere between asked and said. His eyes proved me right "but I have no way to get home because the guys left with the car. Can I sleep here or something?" I said hoping not to sound rude or anything. He smiled "Sure, midgy" I smiled too. Wait…"Midgy?!" he just laughed and I joined him. I guess it was a short for midget. I was used to these things and beside, it made him laugh so it's all good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short as Johnny, I know. I hope it's still alright with you guys and that you like it!
I'll try to update soon with a longer chapter but I dunno how soon I can make it because there is quite a pressure at school and I have no time to write! Sorry =\
Thanks for reading, comments are always welcomed (: