‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Nine

I was pushed into the house and a hand was holding my throat. The grip he had of my throat was getting tighter and tighter, it hurt. I looked at his face just to make sure it really was him, it didn't make sense at all. Seeing the green eyes looking at me like this, I couldn't have mistaken who it was. But that look was so strange; I've never seen him so angry. Not at me and not at anyone.

The lack of oxygen was starting to affect as the picture in front of me had faded into darkness and I heard a long endless ring. The time passed by so slowly it felt like forever. I didn't care about anything anymore I just wanted it to end. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, I couldn't talk and I couldn't even fall to the floor; his grip of my throat was stopping me from falling. My body became too numb to feel the pain of his grip.

I couldn't take it anymore; I had to get my mind busy on something other than that. But anything I tried to think of led me back to the horrible feeling. I just couldn't focus on anything else.

I felt a change. I wasn't in the same place I was before. I only realized what happened when my lungs were filled in air. He must have let go of me and I fell to the floor. The ringing hadn't stopped yet and it was still pitch black. All I was focused on was breathing in and out. It hurt, to breathe, it's like the air slightly burned my throat; like my throat was too small for all the air to pass through, like I still had something stopping me from breathing.

My breathes were loud and heavy, it was still hard to breathe. The ringing has gone quieter but hasn't disappeared. About the sight, I have no idea; I didn't even open my eyes. All I focused on was breathing. The headache has only grown bigger.

I was always used to Matt and the guys hitting me and shit but they've never really hurt me, they were always just messing around. This though put me into so much pain. The look on his eyes, he meant to hurt me, he wasn't messing around; he was serious. I don't even know why. Was he trying to kill me? Does he want me dead? Maybe I should have just kept away from him, I have no idea what's up with him but he acts nothing like he used to be.

My throat was still sore; I coughed trying to make it any better. I brought my hand to my throat and kept coughing. Then back to breathing. It was horrible.

Something was walking toward me, I heard the footsteps, then it stopped. I waited for some more pain to come, I waited for him to kick me or something, that's what I expected of him. When that didn't happen I slowly opened my eyes. The headache grew even bigger once my eyes were completely opened.

Matt was standing above me with no expression on his face, his arm in the air offering me help getting up. I didn't know what to do; my body was aching and getting up didn't seem as a good idea. On the other hand, pissing Matt off is even a worse idea.

Against my will I lifted my arm and took his hand. He helped me get up. I could barely stand and still breathed heavily. The ring was now barely heard. He put his arm on my shoulder; "Oh, Johnny, did that hurt?" he asked. I swallowed and nodded, looking up into his eyes. He smiled down at me, "Good" he said as his hand squashed mine. I felt as if my bones were crashing, the pain was just another hurtful addition to everything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it and thanks for those who comment ^^