Status: Finished

It's All We Know

Not This Again

Jessi’s POV

“Ahhh! A bed!” I cried and flopped down on it with a bounce. Rian laughed and collapsed beside me. We were in Faith and Rian’s room.

“You guys are so dramatic,” Faith commented then dropped her bags on the floor.

“Just warn us the next time you want to go shopping,” I said.

“Why?” she asked.

“So we can leave the country,” I replied. Rian chuckled beside me.

“Hilarious,” Faith grumbled.

“Ah, we’re only kidding, but seriously we were in that mall for nearly five hours!” Rian said propping himself up on his elbows.

“No we weren’t!” Faith laughed.

“It felt like longer,” I said.

“We were only there…” Faith paused and checked the time on her phone, “for about five hours, yeah, well it didn’t feel like five hours to me.”

Rian and I both started laughing, I heard Faith tut and sigh then she tried to push me over so she could lay down beside us. After a minute of laughing at her trying to move not only me but Rian as well we shuffled over for her and she lay down beside me.

“So what are we gonna do now?” Rian asked.

“I duno, but what do you guys think of me calling Jack and inviting him to whatever we do?” I asked.

“Sure,” Faith replied quickly.

“But what are we going to do?” Rian asked.

“I duno, but I’m pretty beat,” Faith replied, “and my flight is at five am.”

“Ah that sucks, here Faith how is my mom?” I asked.

“She’s good, she invited me round the other week, remember what I said about tea and biscuits?”

“Yeah,” I laughed.

“They were some nice biscuits,” Faith replied.

“I miss her food,” Rian said.

“Me too, we should decide on a welcome home meal,” I said to him.

“Ohh yes… but what?”

“Lasagne!” Faith said.

“No homemade pizza and pasta!” I argued.

“How about all three?” Rian replied.

I laughed, there was no way in hell my mom would make three meals for one sitting, but then again she might, if I asked nicely, and maybe invited Jack too, if he wanted to come.

“Speaking of mothers,” Faith said standing up, her phone was vibrating, she answered the call and started walking about the room to get a signal.

“I’m gonna go downstairs,” Faith said to us. I waved without looking up, no doubt she didn’t see me. Rian and I lay in a comfortable silence, it was nice. But after a few moments I shuffled closer to him and gave him a hug.

“Is it safe to say I am forgiven?” he asked me.

“Well, as much as you piss me off, I could never stay angry at you,” I replied. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me too.

Of course this was at the same time Jack decided to come barging into the room, when I heard the door I had already moved away from Rian, but as I looked up at Jack it was easy to see how he’d get the wrong impression.

I sat up properly and opened my mouth to say something but Jack shook his head.

“Hey sorry I was… wow what happened in here?” Faith said as she came into the room, no doubt sensing the complete change in atmosphere I could feel hers and Rians eyes on me but I focused on Jack, he stared blankly at me, his expression unreadable.

Jack sighed loudly then turned and brushed past her and left, a second later I heard the faint sound of a door slamming down the hall.