You Make Me Feel So Alive

Chapter 9: Coffee

I leaned back on the couch on our tour bus and closed my eyes. Now this is what I’m talking about. I’d prefer our tour bus over any snazzy hotel room. Other then when we have bad days crammed on the bus. I smiled to myself and thought of last night. My date was rather fun to be with. I thought of how she looked with her mid length brown hair and very light blonde streaks. She looked very cute in what she had wore, but I couldn’t quite remember what she was wearing.
Our night went very well too not to mention I learned a lot about her, like for instance her favorite color was purple and her favorite food was shrimp. Even though she was cute I hadn’t expected the date to actually be fun and a bit exciting on the Ferris wheel. Mine and Max’s intentions really were to make some regular fan girls of Escape the Fate have a great day. Just, when we returned to our homey tour bus I couldn’t get the night out of my head. I hadn’t had that much fun on a date in years. It was exactly what I needed as well. I could also tell before I went to my bunk that something was up with Max was well. He was thinking really hard. So hard that when Monte was teasing him again Max just waved him off saying ‘whatever’.
I sat up and looked at the time, it was about 9 in the morning. We had one more concert to play in two days, but in the mean time we were all just planning on relaxing and just being lazy. Though I just couldn’t sit here. I was wide awake and I wanted to get moving, it must have been the two cups of coffee that I had this morning. I got up off the couch and shrugged my coat off while throwing it on a chair. I took the keys off the key ring and swung open the bus door and out into the scorching sun. I squinted as I slid on my shades and started to walk around the corner of the parking lot and onto the street.
We had kind of hid our bus due to mass crowds around it in the past. Plus there wouldn’t be some obnoxious fan of the band knocking at the door at midnight after we had just lied our heads down on a pillow after a tiring concert and then after party. I yawned and pushed my black hair out of my face as I looked in the store windows. Then all of a sudden I remembered Max had told me one time Sam worked at a CD store, I believe the store was called CD World. I shrugged thinking it wasn’t a bad idea going there since I had nothing better to do. Sam and Kierstyn were right. There really wasn’t much interesting about this town.
When I turned the corner I saw a big blue sign that read ‘CD World’ and the O in the word ‘world’ was the earth. I rolled my eyes and walked inside quickly. I went to the check out desk, but there wasn’t anyone there. I looked around and scratched my head unsure of what I should do. I looked behind the desk again and smirked as I saw Sam bending down putting something away in boxes. Her ass was right there that I couldn’t help, but smirk and chuckle.
She must have heard something because she turned around abruptly with a look of pure shock on her face. When she saw me she blushed madly and looked down.

“Hey Craig” she greeted finally having the courage to look at me.

“Hola” I returned with a smile.

“Oh so now your taking Spanish?” she commented.

“Well I am a bit Spanish”

“Como esta?”

“uh…”

“Haha you must have just started those lessons then. I was asking how you were”

“Oh I’m doing fine I’m wide awake yet strangely tired at the same time….” she giggled.

“I’m tired too. Hey you wanna go over to the place across the street? They have some breakfast foods like croissants and they have coffee.” she smiled and when I didn’t say anything she added “Unless you don’t want to. I mean I just never had breakfast this morning….”

“Um yeah sure. I’m not really doing anything today anyway” I replied nodding.

“Cool let me just get my wallet” she said going into a drawer and pulling out her black and purple wallet. She then pushed the small door on the side of the desk and stood beside me.

“Ready?” I questioned, but she held a finger up telling me to hold on.

“Hey Martha!!!!” she shouted painfully loud. It wasn’t that loud to me though since all the concerts I had done, heck I was surprised I wasn’t deaf. “I’m taking my short break! Handle the store while I’m gone!!”

Next thing I knew she grabbed my arm and we were out the door in a rush. I laughed shouting “What’s the rush? Are you that hungry?”

“ No, no its just I know that Martha would give me shit and she wouldn’t want to handle the store without me. Not to mention she’d be jealous to see me with a guy.”

“And why’s that?” I chuckled.

“She hasn’t had a date in over a year and she’s starting to feel subconscious about herself and attaches herself to friends.”

“Well that seems annoying”

“Yeah it is. I mean I’m a bit subconscious about myself-”

“You? Hell you asked me to sign your-”

“Yeah…. Yeah I know.” she interrupted not looking at me, but I could tell she was blushing. We got to the little café and walked over to the glass cases that held various different types of breakfast choices. We ordered what we wanted and took our goods to a table away from the crowed area by the door. I picked at my chocolate croissant and drank some of my coffee, which would be my third one by the way.

“Um I had a nice time last night” Sam stated taking a small sip at her coffee.

“Yeah? I did too. Ferris wheel was real fun too” I said staring intently at her.

“Y-yes that was really exciting” she said blushing. She was just too much. She was so cute when she was embarrassed it just made me want to say more things like the whole signing thing and kissing her. Heck if I kissed her she’d probably blush just as much or maybe if I just teased her.

I started at her and debated on what I should do. Finally I figured I’d just have fun with it. When she noticed I was staring at her I smirked and got up. I slid my chair over near her and got real close.

“Wha-” she started to ask but my lips met hers. She kissed back and I smirked again. Her lips tasted like coffee and an apple croissant. I lightly touched her face and she moved back. She was blushing while she said “There’s people around….”

“So?” I asked looking at her light pink blushed face. I know she wanted to kiss me. I mean I am Craig. The guy she loved. She just needed that little push to get that shyness to subside. She leaned over resting her hand on my leg and kissed my cheek with a bright smile.

“I have to go back to work.” she stated looking at her watch.

“Really? Hmm we need to hang out again some time. It was fun.” I smiled as I finished off my coffee.

“Yeah we do. Uh here’s my number I forgot to give it to you yesterday” she said as she took a pen out of her pocket and started to look around for paper. I held my arm out and I nodded in encouragement to write on it. She hesitantly grabbed my arm with her warm fingers and started to write down her cell phone number. When she was done she put the cap back on the pen and stuffed it in her pocket.

“So maybe I’ll call you later or something?” I asked leaning back in my chair.

“Yeah sure that’d be great” she said with a smile “Well I guess I’ll leave you to hang out here. I gotta get going”

“Ok. Bye Sam” I called after her as she smiled and waved goodbye.

She’s becoming more nonchalant about things it seems like it doesn’t matter I’m from Escape the Fate, I thought as I got up and went over to the coffee machine.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Sam (Jagked)

I ♥ Comments!