‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Date.

When they arrived at the restaurant Brooke didn't know what to think.

"Oli, this place is so expensive. Are you sure you want to eat here?"

Oli only smiled and took her hand. Brooke blushed and they walked in. Oli walked up to the hostess who couldn't take her eyes off of him. She realized that he was holding Brooke's hand. Her face faltered but she kept a smile.

"May I help you?"

"Yes. A reservation under Sykes. For two." she scanned the sheet and nodded.

"Right this way Mr. Sykes." she led them to a table and then left. Brooke looked around.

"Oli-"

"Shh. Brooke don't worry 'bout this place. It's okay. You deserve somethin' nice."

Brooke blushed and when their waiter came Oli got a bottle of wine. When it came the waiter poured them each a glass but he couldn't keep his eyes off of Brooke. Oli noticed and shot the guy a glare. He immediately ran off and then Oli turned his attention to his date.

"Brooke. I...I miss you. Nothin's been the same without you. All the days were blurred together. Nothin's enjoyable anymore, aside from music." he took a deep breath.

"Oli, I've missed you too. I'd miss you even more everytime I'd see our daughter. She's so much like you."

"She's a lot like you too." he said and she smiled.

Brooke looked up at him and his eyes were staring intently at her.

"Brooke, we-" he was cut off by the food arriving. They were eating in a comfortable silence when someone came up to him.

"Uhm, hi. I was wondering if I could have your autograph." the girl asked nervously. Oli looked at Brooke and she shrugged. Oli took the marker from the girls hand and signed the AP magazine.

"I love your music." she said smiling flirtatiously.

"Thank-you." the girl looked over at Brooke and her jaw dropped.

"Wow. You're so pretty." Brooke smiled.

"Thank-you." the girl tilted her head and then opened a page in the magazine. She looked back at Brooke and then her eyes widened.

"Oh my God, you're Brooke Richards." Brooke stopped bringing the glass of wine to her lips.

"Excuse me?"

"You're Brooke Richards. The photographer. Look, you're in this issue." she opened the page and there she was. Brooke looked at the page in shock.

"Wow." Oli stood up and walked over and looked at the page. The Brooke on the paper looked unnatural. It didn't look like his Brooke. Under the main picture there was a smaller one.

One Oli hadn't seen in years. He looked closer.

"Brooke, is that..." he asked pointing to the picture and nodded. The girl looked at it then back at them. She grinned.

"So is this your girlfriend?" Oli looked at Brooke and she didn't know what to say.

"It's more complicated than that." She said carefully after Oli opted not to say anything.
the girl nodded then walked off. Oli looked at Brooke and they were centimeters apart.

"Check?" the waiter interrupted.

The couple jumped apart. Brooke felt her cheeks burning. Oli sighed and then took the check, put the money in and left a reasonable tip. They got up and walked out, Oli holding Brooke's hand.

"Brooke, do you...do you want to come over." Brooke hesitated.

"I don't know Oli. I mean I need to check on Embry..."

"Curtis is really good with kids. Please?" she paused and then nodded.

He gave her a grin and then kissed her cheek. Brooke felt her cheeks turn red. Oli laughed at this and that only made her blush more. Once the cab got to Oli's apartment, they got out and walked up to his apartment. Brooke sat on the couch and Oli sat next to her, his arms around her waist. His chin was resting on her shoulder and she could feel every breath he took.

"Brooke?" he asked softly. She turned and faced him.

"Yeah?"

His lips collided with hers in a soft romantic kiss. Brooke's hands went to his neck, holding him to her. When he pulled away he gave her a smile. Their forehead were resting on each others and Brooke gave a content sigh.

"Nothing has felt that right in three years." she said softly. Oli smiled and nodded.

"I agree." she smiled and they both leaned in for another kiss.

When they parted Brooke had tears in her eyes. Oli wiped them away with his knuckle and gave her a sweet smile.

"Brooke, I love you." Brooke inhaled sharply.

"I love you too, Oliver"

___________________________________________________________________

Oli didn't know what to do. He was back in Sheffield, but there were so many memories of Brooke all around, he wasn't sure if he could even be happy to be home.

He sat on his couch in his flat, a grape Smirnoff in his hand, and his eyes on the screen of the t.v., even though he wasn't focusing on it. He let out a deep sigh and got up, walking over to the fridge where he kept all of his alcohol. He opened the bottle of Vodka and poured some into the quarter full Smirnoff bottle, filling it up. He returned to his seat only to be knocked out of his trance by a knock on the door. He groaned and got up, walking to it and opening it.

There stood a barbie like girl, looking confused.

"Oh sorry. I, uh, thought this was Tom's brothers flat."

"Sykes?"

"Yeah." Oli gave her a grin that he knew she'd love, it was the one that all the ladies fell for.

"That's me. I'm Oliver." the girls eyes widened.

"Oh, sorry. I just didn't expect..." he nodded smiling again.

"Want to come in?" the girl walked in and soon, he was giving her a drink.

"To Tom." she giggled out. Oli smiled and nodded, taking the shot with her.

Oli awoke and looked over, and was met with the face of the girl from before. without her make-up, she was les than desireable He groaned, getting up and tripping over the bong he had so carelessly left out. He picked it up and carried it to the bathroom and proceeded to clean it out.

He then took a shower, and when he got out the girl was sitting up in his bed.

"Oli. Last night was amazing." he only smiled cockily.

"Thanks." she grinned.

"I've got to go, but maybe we could hang out again sometime?" he nodded and she smiled, getting dressed. He laid back down and she pressed one kiss to his lips, leaving her cell number on a sheet of paper and walking out the door.

Oli sighed, getting up and burning the paper.

He wasn't going to call her.

He wasn't going to see her again.

He was just going to live his life and party. And if that meant meaningless one night stands forever, then so be it.

Because no one could ever replace Brooke in his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?