‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Sleeping.

Brooke awoke in the embrace of Oli. She sighed contently.

Last night made her feel so alive again.

And they didn't even have sex. They just laid together and talked, sharing romantic kisses every now and then. Brooke carefully peeled Oli's arm off of her body and walked to his bathroom. She washed her face and then walked out. Oli wasn't awake yet and so she slipped back under the covers and his arm. He pulled her closer and his eyes opened.

He gave her a smile and she smiled back. His lips brushed her temple and then his cell phone rang. he groaned and got up and answered it.

"Ello?"
"Morning." Brooke heard the brightening in his voice.
"Yes she is."
"Yes."
"Let me ask her." Oli walked over to Brooke. he handed her the phone.

"Hello?"
"hey mommy."
"Oh good morning sweetie."
"can mister Curtis take me to the park?"
"Honey, I'm sure Curtis would like to go home." she paused. "Let me talk to him." Brooke heard the phone being passed around.
"Ello." he said.
"Hello Curtis."
"You're still with Oli, eh?" he said. Brooke rolled her eyes.
"Curtis. Nothing like that happened." she sensed his shock.
"Really?"
"Yeah. Anyway, Em wants you to take her to the park, but I told her that-"
"Sure I'll take her. I don't mind."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive. You an' Oli need to spend some time together." she rolled her eyes.
"Alright. Just be sure to get her some breakfast."
"Okay." Brooke sighed.
"Let me talk to her again." she heard the phone being handed again.
"Mommy?"
"Yes sweetie?"
"I love you."
"I love you too honey." Brooke felt Oli wrap his arms around her and he spoke into the phone.
"Embry?"
"Oh daddy! I'm going to the park." Brooke felt Oli smile into her shoulder.
"That's great."
"Okay well I gotta get ready. Love you too daddy! Bye!" there was a click then nothing.

Oli took the phone from Brooke's hand and pulled her closer to him

"Oli, I don't want to rush things." he sighed and nodded, just holding her.

"I understand, I do. But babe, I love you." Brooke felt the air in her lungs disappear. She looked into his hazel eyes and found nothing but the truth. She lent forward slowly and placed a soft kiss on his pierced lips. He kissed her immediately back. He gently laid her back onto his bed, the t-shirt she had on rising some. He pulled away and laid next to her.

She had said she didn't want to rush things.

Oli felt Brooke curl into his body.

"Oli, do you ever think that things happen for a reason?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, do you think that we were meant to be because we keep finding each other. It's been over three years and yet, here we are. In the same situation as we were before, except we have a daughter." She felt Oli take a deep breath.

"Well yeah. I love you. And you say that you love me."

"I do."

"Then, yeah. We belon' together."

Brooke sighed and relaxed. Oli made her feel different than anyone or anything else made her feel. She had tried dating, but no one could compare to Oli. she realized then that, they could make it.

They had enough love and devotion for each other that they would.

And this time Brooke wasn't going to run away.

_________________________________________________________________

Oli looked down at the sleeping woman in his arms. He had his Brooke.

He smiled and moved some hair from her face and just watched as she slept.

She wanted things slower this time. He'd give her as much time as she needs, so long as she'll stay.

He carefully peeled himself away from the girl and walked over to his chest of drawers. He opened the top one and pulled out a small velvet box. he opened it and looked down at the white gold band that had diamonds in the center. He touched it delicately, his fingers tracing around it. He closed the box and put it back in it's hidden spot. He walked back to his bed and laid back down next to the sleeping Brooke.

This time, they were going to make it.

________________________________________

Brooke was laying on the bed, her forehead covered in sweat. The nurse brought her newly born and washed infant girl to her.

"What do you want her name to be?" Brooke looked down at her hazel eyes and mop of black hair. She smiled, tears coming to her eyes.

"Embry Holly Richards-Sykes." The nurse who was writing the birth certificate looked over at her, confused.

"Richards-Sykes?"

"Yes." Brooke looked at the woman who was obviously confused.

"Her fathers last name is Sykes. Mine is Richards. When she's older she can drop the Richards."

"But why isn't your husband here?" Brooke bit her lip, tears forming again.

"He's not my husband. And he has no idea about her."

"You're going to raise the baby alone?" the tone was condescending.

"Yes. I'm perfectly capable of doing that." the nurses face flushed.

"Sorry." she finished writing the names and then a different nurse came in and told Brooke that she needed to rest and that Embry needed to go to the baby room.

Brooke gave Embry a kiss on her forehead and the newborn cooed. Brooke smiled and whispered in her ear.

"I love you. You look like your daddy. I hope...I hope one day you'll meet him." she kissed her baby again and the nurse gently took her. Brooke fell asleep, thinking about her and Oli's baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

this story is my longest one. and I really love it. : )