Status: Active

You Are the One that I Want

By the Tracks at Christie Road

Image

The last few days have been quiet. All you've been doing, includes: having fun with Tre since its his last week, hanging out with the whole gang, and having fun with Tre. You haven't told him about the miscarriage yet. You don't know if you should since it might ruin your last few days together.

Billie, Tre, and you dropped out of school yesterday, because they wanted to do band stuff and school was just in their ways. You wanted to drop out, because you thought there was no point going if your true love wasn't going to go anymore because he knew that he was going to make it big for the both of you. Mike decided to stay because he wanted to graduate which Tre and Billie don't mind.

It was Friday afternoon and you were walking around with Tre, at the park, the same park where Tre and you had a picnic.

"When are you going next week?" you asked as you walked with Tre, hand in hand.

"I think Billie said Tuesday," he said as he turned his head to look at a dog and his owner playing Frisbee.

"Oh..." you mumbled quietly. There was silence for a moment as Tre and you walked. You had your head down, looking at your shoes, thinking as Tre was looking at everything around him.

"Is something wrong?" he asked. You sprinted your head up to look at him.

"No!" you answered a little too quickly. He narrowed his eyes at you.

"Tabs, lets sit over here," he motioned at a bench. You both sat down. He put his arm around your shoulders, "Is something wrong?"

"Of course not," you lied. You looked down at the ground.

Oh, God, he knows something is up. He's going to keep asking until I tell him, but what do I tell him? Just try to make something up.

"Tabs, you know you're a horrible liar," he laughed a little; you did too. "Come on, tell me what's up," he smiled.

You finally had the confidence to tell him. As you got your words together, you looked up at him and suddenly all your confidence went away as you saw him waiting for your answer.

You told him the first thing that came to your head; "I'm just going to miss you," you said.

Tre smiled a bit, and then kissed your cheek; "I'm going to miss you too, but I will call everyday," he weakly smiles; you do too. The both of you kissed for a second, and then looked back at each other, "Is that it?"

You think about it for a second; "Yep," you nodded, looking unsure.

"Stop lying to me, Tabs. There's definitely something wrong," he said.

"Why do you figure?" you looked down.

"Well, for starters, you hardly talk to me anymore, and you can never look me in the eyes when you're talking to me." he told you, "Whats going on? Even Billie and Mike are hiding something."

"What makes you think that?"

"Billie sucks ass at hiding the fact that somethings wrong;" he put his fingers under your chin to tilt your head up, "Please tell me what's going on."

You felt the tears waiting in your eyes; "Tre, I wish I could tell you." The tears started to pour out.

"Tabs, please tell me. I feel like I'm losing you," he said as he wiped a tear from your cheek, "Don't you love me anymore?" His question made you cry even more, because you could tell how much you were hurting him.

"How could you think that I don't love you anymore?" you cried.

"I don't know, you seem to be avoiding me," he said with a hint in his voice that sounded like hes about to cry.

"How can I be avoiding you if I've been spending the last week by your side?" you asked a little confused and frustrated.

"It doesn't seem like you're with me mentally. You never talk, unless I ask you something, and now when we're together, you act like you're hiding something from me," he said frustrated.

You got up from the bench and stood in front of him, grabbing a hold of his hands; "Tre, I'm so sorry, but I love you so much. Its just that..." You couldn't find the right words.

"Please, Tabs, tell me," he pleaded.

"I... I cant..." you looked back down.

Tabitha's POV

I looked back at Tre. He had pure hurt in his eyes. I felt really bad for not telling him. I felt like I could tell him, but I didn't know how he would react to it.

"I'm sorry!" I cried out a bit more. I felt Tre let go of my hands. I looked down at my arms swinging to my sides.

Tre got up. I looked back at him; He started to walk the opposite direction from where we were going before. I felt so bad for lying to him. There was no point in following him if he just wanted time alone without me.

I began walking down a path road. I didn't know where I was, but I didn't care. I kept walking, until I found an abandoned river that looked peaceful though relaxing. I sat down, leaning on a tree next to the river.

I tried my best to try to think of a way to tell Tre about what happened. It was useless. Nothing came to mind that would help me.

"Why do I always have to lie to him?" I mumbled to myself as I put my hands over my face.

I felt a tiny rain drop hit my hand which quickly started to turn into a lot of rain drops. I quickly put my hoodie over my head. I continued to try and get my thoughts together as the rain splashed on me.

It wasn't until I started to see lightening and hear thunder that I decided to leave. I walked to Mikes house, because I would think that Tre was at his own house, and I doubted he wanted to see me.

By the time I got there, it was already dark. I walked in the house without knocking.

"Hello," I sighed as I walked in the living room, seeing Mike and Billie on the sofa, "Have any of you seen--"

"Tabs, I need to talk to you," Mike said quickly while getting up.

"Um, okay..." I was unsure. Mike and I walked out to the hallway; "What's up?"

"I kinda told Tre about your miscarriage," he said.

My eyes immediately went wide open; "Mike, how could you?" I asked, shocked.

"I'm so sorry. I thought you already told him, because he came here saying that he was upset because of something you said. So I figured that you told him, and I started telling him that he shouldn't be mad at you about it, and..."

"Oh my God, Mike, I cant believe you said that!" I felt scared when he told me, "Where is he?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" I felt panicky. I really needed to talk to him; "Please, Mike, where would he have gone to?" Mike thought for a second.

"Hes probably by the tracks at Christie Road..."

You thought for a second; "Where's that?"

"Go behind Gilmans, and start walking north; you'll find a few old warehouses and tracks and thats when you know you've found Christie Road. There will also be a sign with graffiti on it that says 'Christie Road'," he paused, "He's probably there - he has to be. He always goes there to think or get high or smashed." He added the last part slowly.

"All right, I'll be back later."

I walked outside in the pouring rain, hoping that I'd find Tre and patch things up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and banners are always welcome!