Wizard Swears and Weasley Twins

Two

Standing on the platform next to Hermione, I surveyed the crowd of old faces as well as the new, short first years clinging to their parents.

“Were we like that too?” I wondered aloud.

“Most likely” stated Hermione.

Oh, Herms, always so blunt and practical. Then, I looked to my right and spotted a group of redheads. I grinned and nudged Hermione. Then, I ran through the crowd and jumped on the nearest twin’s back.

“Miss me?!” I yelled, laughing.

Fred’s shocked face looked back at me, and then he grinned. “Of course, love!”

“But the real question is, did you miss us?” George asked, smiling.

I jumped off Fred and hugged George. “Why do you even ask?”

“Aww, she loves us Fred”

“Of course she does, George, we’re completely adorable.”

I laughed then hugged Harry, Ron, and Ginny who were standing next to us. Harry and Ron were, in a word, awesome. They were just fun to hang around…most of the time. As long as they weren’t fighting like pre-teen girls, then they were fun. And I loved Ginny. She was like a little sister almost.

We heard the whistle blow, so all of us went to find seats. Ginny went with the trio and I told them I’d catch up with them later. Fred stayed back to wait for Lee who was a little late because he had some luggage issues. So George and I went to find a compartment. On our way, we ran into Flint, one of the most rude, vile, ugly, pompous jerks in the universe.

“Hey there babe. You know, you get hotter every year.” He sneered at me.

I glared and was about to tell him to leave me alone when George stepped forward, fists clenched and said “Shove it, Flint.”

Flint just glared and kept walking, two nameless Slytherins trailing after him.

“I hate that guy” George grumbled.

“Thanks for that George, but you really don’t have to. He’s been bugging me for a while, but he’s really harmless. Plus, I think I can take him.” I said, putting my fists up and grinning at George.

George POV:

I laughed as Caroline put her fists up. I hated that asshole, Flint. Why did he have to go after the girl I like? Not that I thought Caroline would ever consider dating him. Not even in an alternate reality, but still. It worried me a little because Flint was a guy used to getting what he wants, and I was afraid he might try a more forceful way of getting to her. I just didn’t want anything to happen to her.

Normal POV:

He laughed, but then said “I just don’t like the way he talked to you. Or looks at you. Actually, I don’t like that he associates with you at all. And I know you can take care of yourself, but please if he ever does anything to threaten you or hurt you, tell me.”

His green eyes searched mine. He looked so worried about my safety that I could feel the butterflies warring in my stomach suddenly fly into my throat.

“I will” I said quietly.

Suddenly, Fred’s voice made me jump and I turned to see him and Lee coming down the aisle.

“Hey Lee! How was your summer?” I asked.

“Ugh, terrible. While you guys got to relax the whole time, I was working for my dad. It was brutal.”

“Aww, poor wittle Wee” I made my sad, puppy-dog face.

He stuck his tongue out at me and I laughed. We talked and joked around the rest of the time on our way to the castle. Fred and George told us how their plans for opening a joke shop after school were almost underway.

“We have most of the merchandise we’ll need. Plus, our unique, one-of-a-kind Weasley products” Fred was saying.

“All we need is some money for random supplies we’ll need to run the shop” George interjected.

“Yeah, so Lee, since you’ve been working all summer, we were wondering if you could spot us about… 500 euros?” Fred asked, grinning.

“Ha, nice try guys, but I’m saving my money for university after Hogwarts.” Lee said.

“Caroline?” George asked.

“Oh, sorry guys. I just spent my last 500 euros on chocolate frogs.” I said, frowning, like I truly was sorry.

“Merlin’s beard! That’s a lot of chocolate frogs” Fred exclaimed.

I shrugged “I was on my period.”

“Erlack! Come on Caroline, please don’t talk about that in front of guys!” Lee yelled.

I laughed at their faces and Fred and George soon joined in while Lee continued to look disgusted. Shortly, we had changed into our robes and arrived at Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Fred and George (: