Status: Updating when I have the time.

I Have Loved, and I Have Lost

Chapter 12

I waited in the living room anxiously for Oli to arrive. It was the twins fifth birthday today and Oli would be here any minute to pick me up for their party. My ring tone filled the room making me jump before answering it.

“Hello?” I asked, not reading the caller ID.

“Hey gorgeous, what’re you up to?” Chace’s soothing voice filled my ears.

“Just waiting to go out.” I replied. I didn’t want to tell him where I was going or who with for that matter. He didn’t have any reason to worry.

“Sweet, where are you going?”

“Just to a birthday party.” I told him vaguely.

“Aw, that’s nice. Who’s birthday is it?” I couldn’t lie to him. After all he had nothing to worry about, right?

“It’s Oli’s twin cousins’ fifth birthday.”

“Oh” He replied flatly. “Why are you going?”

“Because I babysat them the other night whilst doing a chemistry project with Oli and so he just asked me if I wanted to go seeing as I got on with them.” I explained. “Babe I’ve got to go, Oli’s at the door. I love you.”

“I love you too.” He sighed before hanging up. I hurried to the door, opening it. Oli’s eyes quickly scanned my body, a small smile on his lips.

“Yeh look nice.” He told me.

“Thanks.” I smiled, stepping out of the apartment.

“Yeh got them presents?” He questioned, looking down at the two wrapped objects in my hands.

“Yeah. You don’t turn five everyday you know.” I smirked.

“S, yeh didn’t ‘ave t’ do tha’.” He shook his head but was still smiling. “Tha’s real nice o’ yeh.”

I sat nervously in the passenger seat of Oliver’s car. All of his family were going to be there and I don’t know why but I really wanted to make a good impression.

“Silver, relax would yeh.” He told me straight.

“But what if they don’t like me?”

“They’re goin’ t’ love yeh. Why d’ yeh care so much anyway?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Because I like to make a good impression.” I replied, climbing out of his car.

We walked to the front door and Oli opened it, stepping inside. I could hear the screams of little kids and them running around. Normally, little kids got on my nerves I mean they’re cute when they’re born and stuff but when they start getting all dirty and screamy then they’re simply annoying.

Oli turned and smiled at me reassuringly before heading into the living room with me on his tail. His family members were scattered around the living room and in the kitchen, little kids running around like they were on crack. Everyone was talking in their own little conversations; a few people looked up at Oli and me before greeting us. I heard Noah and Drew scream our names as they came bounding towards us, wrapping their small arms around my waist and Oli’s legs as he was much taller than me.

“Happy birthday guys.” I smiled down to them, handing them their presents.

“Cool, thank you.” They both grinned, tearing open the wrapping paper.

“Silver, it’s so nice t’ finally meet yeh.” Oli’s aunt beamed, hugging me tightly. “The boys didn’t shut up about yeh after yeh looked after them th’ other nigh’ wi’ Oliver.” I laughed shyly, a blush creeping onto my cheeks. “Yeh really didn’t ‘ave t’ get them presents.”

“I don’t mind, they’re really sweet kids.” I smiled, watching as they ran around.

After Oli and his aunt had introduced me to just about every member of the family Oli got us some drinks and we got into deep conversation with his two older cousins; James and Mel. James was a little taller than Oli, his hair was short and dirty blonde with hazel eyes peering out beneath the grey beanie hat he had on. He was dressed in light blue jeans with a red and white chequered button down shirt on. Mel, his younger sister, was a bit taller than me also with long dirty blonde hair just with aqua blue highlights. She had a nose ring and a tongue piercing that she played with as she spoke. They were both really nice and interested in where I came from and what America was like.

Time flew by and we sung happy birthday to the twins and watched as they blew out the candles on their Toy Story cakes. Their friends left not long after and everyone started drinking more alcohol. The twins started getting sleepy so they decided to sit on my and Oli as we sat on the two seated couch. I smiled back at Oliver as he peered over at me, a small grin spread across his lips. He looked so adorable with a sleepy Noah in his lap, he was really good with them and it was clear they adored him. Drew was trying to fight against sleep and was determined to stay awake and chat to me. I laughed as he started speaking slower and slower and his eyelids began to droop.

“Should we put them to bed or something?” I asked Oli. He looked down at the now sleeping twins and nodded, standing up with ease.

I’m not exactly the strongest of people but I managed to stand up with Drew still asleep in my arms and followed Oliver up the stairs and to the twins’ bedroom. We placed them into their beds and tucked them in before leaving them asleep in their beds.

“Yeh getting’ tired yet, Doll?” Oli asked, turning towards me on the landing.

“No, I’m fine. I’m ready to leave when you are.” I smiled back at him.

“Okay well jus’ lemme kno’ when yeh wan’ t’ leave an’ we’ll get goin’.” I nodded and followed him back downstairs.

I sighed softly, not wanting to open my eyes. Oli’s sweet smell of cologne filled my nostrils as I buried my face into his warm neck, my head resting on his shoulder. He was carrying me bridal style, I don’t know where exactly but I was too tired to ask. I felt him place me on what I was assuming was a bed. The sheets were cold as he pulled them over my body, kissing my forehead softly.

“G’nigh’ doll.” He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
This may be edited later, I just finished it and thought I'd post it for you lovely people despite the fact that it's 4.30am (:
Getting back into this story, I have some new ideas for this & I'm excited - you should be too ;D