Status: Updating when I have the time.

I Have Loved, and I Have Lost

Chapter 9

Oli's POV

I switched the television off and turned on the lamp on one of the small tables that sat next to the couch. Silver was sleeping peacefully, her small body curled up into a ball. I heard the front door open and my parents come in. I wasn't even expecting them home tonight.

“Alrigh' Oli?” My dad asked, hanging his jacket up on the banister. I nodded in reply.

“Uh Oliver, who's this?” Mum asked, looking down at Silver.

“Oh, this is Silver. We're workin' on a project together and she 'elped me look after the twins. Is is alrigh' if she stays tonigh'? I don' really wanna wake 'er up.” I explained, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. My mum smiled at me.

“Sure. Make sure yeh don' leave 'er there though Oliver. Yeh can sleep on th' couch in your room, let 'er sleep in your bed.” She said strictly, pointing a finger at me. Her tone was serious but she was still smiling.

“Mum, I was goin' to.” I told her as her and my father walked upstairs.

“Night Oli.” They called, disappearing round the corner. I heard their bedroom door close and bent down so my face was level with Silvers. Her shoulder rose and fell in rhythm, she looked peaceful. I scooped her up into my arms, tensing as she curled into my chest and held onto my shirt, mumbling something I couldn't quite make out. I noticed that I was smiling at how perfectly she fit into my chest but shook it off as I carried her downstairs into my bedroom. I bent over slightly, pulling back the covers. I was glad she was so light, other wise I would have dropped her from bending down so far. I placed her lightly in my bed and pulled the covers over her sleeping figure. She rolled over and murmured something quietly, burying her face into my pillows. I smiled and pulled my shirt over my head, chucking it to the floor. I swapped my skinny jeans for a pair of gym shorts and walked over to my wardrobe to pull out my spare quilt. As I opened my wardrobe door a stack of Cd's fell out, crashing onto the floor.

“What the fuck?” Silver yelled, sitting up abruptly.

“'S okay Silver, 'S only me.” I reassured her, picking up the Cd's quickly.

“Oli, what are you doing?” She asked sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

“Gettin' a quilt.” I told her, going to reach up for the navy blue duvet.

“Don't be stupid, just get in. But I swear if you feel me up, you'll wake up with no balls. Kapeesh?” She said sternly. I nodded and shut my wardrobe, padding over to the bed and clambering in next to Silver.

“Night Silver.” I whispered into the darkness.

“G'night Oliver.” She whispered back, shuffling a little closer to me.

Silvers POV

I woke up in darkness, an arm draped over my waist and a chest pressed firmly against my back. I rolled over slowly, some ones hot breath tickling the back of my neck.

Don't freak out Silver. I told myself calmly. I strained my eyes in the darkness to attempt to make out the face of whoever was led behind me. Not recognizing who it was I kicked the mysterious person out of bed sharply.

“Wha' the fuck Silver!?” Oli screeched from the floor, his voice raspy from sleep.

“Oli?” I asked, peering over the edge of the bed.

“Who the fuck did yeh think it bloody was?” He yelled, picking himself up off of the floor.

“Sorry, I freaked.” I said sheepishly, inching over so he could get back into bed.

“What am I doing in your bed?” I asked, confused.

“Yeh fell asleep on the sofa, could 'ardly leave yeh there could I?” I could hear him smile into the darkness.

“Thank you.” I said softly.

“Any time. Ugh, what time is it?” I guess it was a rhetorical question as he immediately turned around to read his alarm clock.

“Half fuckin' seven. 'M gonna make yeh pay for this.” He murmured, slipping out of bed. Wow, Oli's room really didn't get much light. It seemed like night time down here.

“Your fault for getting into bed with me.” I told him, a smirk on my lips.

“Yeh fuckin' asked me to.” He reminded me. “C'mon my mum's probably makin' breakfast.” He said softly, climbing up the stairs within a few seconds and opening the door. Bright light filled the room making me squint as I climbed the stairs, stepping out into the living room. Sure enough the smell of food wafted through the house. Whatever it was Oli's mom was cooking, it smelt delicious.

“Mornin' Oli. Mornin' Silver, 's nice to meet yeh.” A shortish woman grinned invitingly. Her dark hair fell over her shoulder in small waves, similar to how Oli's hair was now. Her eyes were a deep, warm brown, matching Oli's. They were very similar. He definitely followed his mom when it came to hair and eye color.

“It's nice to meet you too.” I smiled back. “Thank you for letting me stay over.”

“No problem, Oli didn't want t' wake yeh and well, it wouldn't 'ave been fair to let yeh go home at tha' hour.” She smiled softly, going back to whatever she was cooking.

“Mum..” Oli sighed in embarrassment, his pale cheeks sporting a light shade of pink.

“'m only telling th' truth Oliver.” She smiled teasingly. “Now, would you two like some breakfast?” Oli and I both nodded eagerly.

“Mum makes th' best full English.” Oli grinned.

“Full English?” I asked, confused.

“Do not say yeh've never 'ad a full English!” Oli cried in shock. “Y'know, fried bread, eggs, mushrooms, sausages, beans.. need I go on?”

“You mean a fried breakfast?” I laughed.

“Full English.” Oli stated simply, a small smile on his lips.

“Silver!!!” Two voices yelled loudly, four arms suddenly wrapping around my legs tightly. I looked down to see Noah and Drew already dressed and hugging my legs tightly.

“Hey Silver.” Tom smiled, looking from me to Oli, then back again.

“Hi Tom.” I smiled awkwardly.

“Right, guys go and sit a' th' table.” Oli's mom smiled, pushing us towards the dinner table.

I sat down opposite Oliver, Drew sat next to me. Oli's mom came in a few minutes later and served out breakfast. I had to admit, it smelt yummy. I picked up my knife and fork and dug in, as did everyone else.

“So Silver, I noticed you've got an American accent.” Mrs. Sykes stated, looking up at me as she ate.

“Yeah, I uh.. just moved here.” I said quietly.

“Oh, tha's nice. Where are yeh from?” She asked curiously.

“California.” I smiled. I was missing home like crazy.

“Wow, how nice.” She smiled back politely.

“Oh my gosh, I think I'm gonna explode. Mrs. Sykes that was awesome.” I told her once we'd all finished. I was so stuffed.

“Thanks Silver. Please, call me Carol.” She smiled.

“Crap, 've got band practice. S, I'll run yeh 'ome on th' way.” Oli informed me, standing up from the table. I stood up too, picking up my empty plate.

“'s okay Silver, I'll take tha' out for yeh.” Carol said, piling my plate on top of hers and Oli's.

“Thanks. Oh and thanks for letting me stay over and for breakfast.” I smiled gratefully at her.

“Any time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, no comments on the last chapter. Not even one!
Did it suck that bad?
Comments on this one?