So What If I Never Hold You?

Chapter 6- Recording Baby!

Bella;

I watched as Brian pulled into his driveway. I had gotten accustomed to him driving me too and from school and not giving me a chance to drive my own car. I was glad for that. It was a beat up '93 Ford Taurus, but, what more could I ask for, it was handed down from Justin after he got himself a job. I still sat at home and did chores and I had my afternoons full from friend's and choir related things, so what I had was fine.

"Here we are," Brian said as he shut off his car. It had been a few weeks since we had gotten our songs, and we had pretty much learned everything for them. Today we would run through them, fix rough spots, then pretty much just hang out since there wasn't practice for either of us.

"Yep, ready to kick ass in Phantom?" I asked jokingly. We were pretty good, but I didn't think I was doing my best.

"Yeah!" He smiled and we both got out and walked into his house. In the living room, I saw his dad and waved to him. Brian walked over to Mr. Haner and asked him something. I saw Mr. Haner smiled and nod then the two of them motioned for me to follow. I did, and we then walked to the second floor. Going down a hallway, they opened a door to a mini-recording studio.

My eyes grew wide. As kids we were never allowed to go in there, but we were actually going to record! I looked at Brian and he smiled. "I see something makes you happy," He said as him and I walked inside followed by his dad.

"Ok kids, we're doing a few practice runs of Magic first so that we get a good warm up for the recording," Mr. Haner said, "Bella, go a head and go into the room," He told me then I walked into the recording room. Brian followed to adjust the microphone to my height. He walked out and gave me a thumbs up through the glass pane. I returned his thumbs up as Mr. Haner pressed the button to start recording. I heard the music play and I began to sing.

Come take my hand.
You should know me.
I've always been in your mind.
You know I will be kind.
I'll be guiding you.
Building your dream .
Has to start now.
There's no other road to take.
You won't make a mistake.
All:
I'll be guiding you.
Clio/Kira:You have to believe we are magic.
Nothin' can stand in our way.
You have to believe we are magic.
Don't let your aim ever stray.
All:
And if all your hopes survive.
Destiny will arrive.
I'll bring all your dreams alive
Clio/Kira
For you.
All:
I'll bring all your dreams alive
Clio/Kira
For you.
From where I stand
You are home free.
The planets align so rare.
There's promise in the air.
And
All:I'm guiding you.
Clio/Kira:
Through every turn.
I'll be near you.
I'll come anytime you call.
I'll catch you when you fall.
I'll be
All:guiding you.
Clio/Kira:
Ohhhhhh. . .
You have to believe we are magic.
Nothin' can stand in our way.
You have to believe we are magic.
Don't let your aim ever stray.
All:
And if all your hopes survive.
Destiny will arrive.
I'll bring all your dreams alive.
Clio/Kira:
For you.
All:
I'll bring all your dreams alive.
Clio/Kira:
For you."

Apparently there weren't any mistakes because I saw Brian start to act crazy. "That was great, Belle!" Mr. Haner said over the PA. I smiled and Brian opened the door and ran over and gave me a hug. He was always acting crazy, but now, he was even worse. I hugged him back while I mouthed to Mr. Haner that I thought his son was messed up in the head. Of course, Mr. Haner laughed then told Brian to get out so I could do another recording. Even perfect could be done better in the studio, so I gave no fuss and sang when the music played.

Soon enough, it was Brian's turn, so I walked out of the studio and let Brian go inside. He put on the headphones and began singing "Music of the Night." As he sang, we listened. He was so amazing, so I couldn't help but smile. When he finished the song, Mr. Haner said over the PA

"Ok Brian, just a few more times,"

He sang a few more times, and then he told me to go in there so that we could record "The Point of No Return." I walked inside the room, and he started to sing. After he sang, I sang my part. Then, we sang together. When the song finished, Mr. Haner switched off the recording system. He was impressed. He knew both of us could sing, but I had never seen that look on his face.

"That was awesome kids! I think that we've got it. Come in here and we'll check out the play back," He said, then Brian and I walked through the door.
Listening to the playback was awesome. Brian and I sounded amazing together. I never knew I could sing that well. When the song ended I smiled. "That was awesome Brian!" I said as he smiled.

"I know, you're such an amazing singer," He replied.

I could feel myself blush. "You're ten times better," I replied quietly.

"No, I'm not. I couldn't dare to sing like you," He replied whispering in my ear. I was blushing even more. Then he added, “Now, as for guitar,”

“Yeah, I get it,” I joked.

"Ok kids, we're done, and now, let's go back downstairs," Mr. Haner said and motioned us out. I walked out first, then Brian, and then Mr. Haner. We went downstairs and walked in the living room. I saw the clock. It was 5:05.

”Hey, I'm going to go home, I should go start making dinner for Mom and Justin," I said as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

“I'll walk you home," Brian said. I said bye to Mr. Haner and Brian linked arms with me and walked me out the door. It was a bit unusual that he did that, but I shrugged it off.

"Well, I'll see you later," I said to him as we came up to my door.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow morning," He said then kissed me on the cheek. I blushed again. I wasn't used to that.

He hugged me then when we parted, he walked across the street to his house. Then after waving at him when he reached the door, I walked into my house then went to kitchen.

Things may have hit a new course.