Status: Slowly in progress, again.

Stupid

Her Dress Whispers Reckless.

It was safe to say that for the next week I had managed to out drink myself each and every night. I’d be sitting on the couch, across from Alex, with an alcohol beverage in hand. Cassadee’s hand permanently attached to the side of my thigh, while she was drinking juice packs like shots. Jack and Vicky’s flirting just got worse in during the week too, I had resorted to not even talking to her anymore, and barely talking to him, it just hurt.

I spent so much time avoiding Jicky, that I distanced myself from everyone on the tour. The only people that really talked to me were Alex and Cassadee, sometimes Rian would so he could report back to Kara…Which brings me to right now; today.

I’m standing in a too busy Michigan airport, waiting for Kara to arrive. Cassadee stood next to me, her phone attached to her right hand, and her left hand tangled in my right one, while we stood at the gate, waiting for Kara to step into the airport. The plane had landed about five minutes ago, and was finally starting to unload. I smiled widely when I saw her beautiful hair, and let Cassadee’s hand go.

“Kara!” I yelled, running right at her, I almost knocked her over with the force of my body hitting hers.

“Josey!” she yelled back at me, I was so happy, probably the happiest I had been in…a week.

“Cassadee is here to meet you in person, I’m sure you’ll love her, when I met her it was like this,” I showed her my crossed fingers. “From the moment we started talking.”

“That’s awesome, you go get her, and I’ll meet you at baggage claim!” Kara laughed, looking at the signs around the area, trying to find the baggage claim.

I grabbed Cassadee, and we pranced in the direction I saw Kara go in. By the time we got there, she already had her bags in hand and was waiting silently for us, probably talking to Rian via text on her phone.

“Kara!” I called, her head shot up, and she smiled. “This is Cassadee, Cassadee this is Kara,” I smiled, letting them get acquainted, as we walked to Hey Monday’s van.

We got there about twenty minutes before Hey Monday went on, so Kara and I met Vinny at the booth, while Cassadee went to go warm up. When Kara and I got to the booth, Vinny so kindly informed us that he had to piss really bad, and would be gone for a bit.

Kara and I sat in the merch booth watching Cassadee jump around the stage like her life depended on it. “Did you know she’s writing a song?”

I nodded. “Yeah, she told me a week ago, I think.”

“It’s about you,” Kara looked over at me.

“Really?” I mumbled, looking over at Kara, before looking over at Vinny who had just come back.

“Yeah, it’s pretty good, but don’t ask her to read it, she’ll shoot you down. All I could get out of her was it was a song…about you,” Kara laughed.

Hey Monday’s set quickly finished up, and Cobra raided the stage in a fashion only described as Cobra Starship. Their set was only a little longer than Hey Monday’s set, and by the time they were three songs in, Cassadee was already back with Kara, Vinny, and myself.

The merch table was never very busy during the sets, because fans didn’t want to lose their spots, the people in the back, sometimes, would make an appearance at the merch tables, but most of the business was before and after the concerts. We all sat there just talking, waiting for the show to be over, so we could help everyone put equipment away, because people wanted to party; after all it was Kara’s first night on tour, and they need a reason to drink.

· · ·

“Are you sure you don’t want me to tell them to just go buy something and bring it back here?” I asked Cassadee as I began to undress myself to put on the dress I was going to wear out tonight.

“I’m sure, I really just want to work on this song, I’m so in love with it,” Cassadee nodded, spinning her finger around, telling me to do a turn so she could see the dress. “The dress looks good, I think you should wear a necklace with it though, your neck looks a little bare.”

I looked through my jewelry box, finding the perfect necklace. I held it around my neck, latching it in the back. “Good?” I asked, raising my hair in my hands, and then letting it fall down over my shoulders.

“Great, now go have fun with those crazy friends of yours, I’m gonna go write!” Cassadee stood from my bunk, leaving a kiss on my cheek.

“Have fun with that, boo!” I called to her, as she started making her way out of the bus.

“Ready to leave?” my head whipped around to see Alex standing there.

My hands slid down my dress, resting on my waist. “Ready as I’ll ever be,” I sighed, grabbing my bag.

Alex smiled weakly. “If it makes you feel better, you look really pretty, right now,” I smiled at him, his neck turning a little pick.

“It makes me feel a lot better!” I went over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, and he squeezed his around my shoulders.

“Come on, let’s kick it!” Alex just about shouted, bring his hand down mingling with my own.

I laughed, letting Alex tug me though the bus and eventually off of it. When we got out there I noticed everyone in little groups, Danny and Vinny were standing next to each other in an animated conversation. Kara was snuggled next to Rian, who’s arm was wrapped tightly around Kara’s shoulders. The only member of Cobra was Vicky, and she was attached to Jack’s mouth, arms around his neck. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath.

“Ignore them,” Alex whispered in my ear, gripping my hand just a little tighter.

“I will, Gosh, even though her and I don’t see eye to eye, I feel bad for Jessa, like really bad,” I frowned, looking back to the couple, who was now braced against the wall.

“She’ll learn eventually, it’s only a matter of time before it ends up on Twitter, Buzznet, or a video of them on YouTube,” Alex pressed his lips to the side of my head. “Don’t worry your pretty little head about it.”

I sighed again, nodding. “I won’t, Alex, I won’t.”

“And by the looks of it, it’s just us, them,” he looked over to Jack and Victoria. “And Vinny and Danny.”

“That’s all good,” I smiled, nodding. “You can be my drinking buddy.”

“Okay,” Alex laughed. “Rian planned this whole date thing for Kara, if I were gay, I’d want him to date me,” Alex smiled, looking from Kara and Rian back to me.

“Awh, that’s so sweet. They are adorable, so were you and Lisa,” I smiled, elbowing him in the rib, as we started walking down the street.

“Shuddup,” his words came out slurred with a chuckle. “We’re just friends and you know that.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. No one really gets why you two broke up though, like sure, you guys were friends…but you could see that there was so much more behind both your eyes when you two looked at each other,” I tried to reason.

“Well, that was part of the reason we broke up, throughout our relationship it fell from a romantic one to a platonic one,” he shrugged.

“What was the other part?” I questioned, trying to snuggle into him, the wind had picked up a bunch since we stepped outside, and I was too lazy to get a hoodie.

He hesitated for a moment, before speaking. “We fell out of love and in like with other people, I suppose,” he shrugged again, his shoulders going up higher making my hand lift a bit. “But she got hers and I’m waiting for mine.”

“What do you mean you’re waiting for yours?” I asked, wanting to know who this girl was.

He hesitated again. “You know what, darling, let’s forget about my own and your own problematic love lives and just enjoy tonight,” he smiled down at me.

“I agree.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Josey