Status: Trying to update every couple of days, will see how that goes haha.

The house of Parker(Book 2)

The House of Parker(Prt.22)

I heard shuffling footsteps and looked up from the floor I was on, still hugging Bernard close. The footsteps got louder until I saw a figure emerge from the closet doorway. My heart flipped and my stomach churned in an uncomfortable way. He soundlessly walked over towards me, sitting Indian style. For a moment we just sat there, staring at one another. In a creepy kind of way though, I like it, just staring. I could stare at his emerald green eyes and black raven hair forever and be perfectly content.

Suddenly, breaking me from my trance he said “Nice Bear.” Motioning towards Bernard in my lap, with a smirk plastered onto his face.

“Nice face,” I shot back like a little kid. Once I realized what I said I groaned inwardly. Nice Face? What kind of comeback is that?

“Real mature Lily,” He said rolling his eyes, while laughing lightly.

I glared at him in a playfully, angry way as I stuck my tongue out at him.

“What are you 5?” He asked while laughing at me.

“I’m six, thank you very much.” I stated proudly. I watched him as he shook his head at me with a smile playing on his lips. Right now, in this very moment, I felt happy, like I used to feel before all this drama. Like it was just Parker and I having fun for the first time, in a long time.

Suddenly he looked at me seriously and said “Do you want to be with me?” His question certainly caught me off guard as I stared at him stunned for a moment. What should I say? Did I want to be with him? Everything was so confusing, with Jake, and him, and Elizabeth the girl he used to love and it was all so overwhelming.

Finally, after a long moment I took in a deep breath and said “Yes.”

“Good,” He said with a smiling creeping up to his face. “Because I want to be with you too.”
I smiled back at him, but I still wanted to sort things out about Elizabeth. We just haven’t talked about her since then; well we haven’t really talked at all since then.

“Listen, Lily I don’t think we should be together this instant until you sort things out with Jake though. I saw the way he was looking at you.” He said

I sighed knowing I would have to deal with Jake sometime and got up from where I was standing. Parker soon rose mimicking my steps.

“Here,” I said handing him Bernard. He looked at Bernard confused, but took the bear none the less.

“I’m going to go sort some things out. “ I stated while walking past him, through my room, and into the hallway. I walked slowly down the stairs and into the illumining light, leading to the kitchen. Once I walked in I saw Jake leaning on the counter in the exact stop I left him in.

“Hey,” I said weakly.

“Hey,” He said emotionlessly back.

“Okay,” I sighed

“Let’s get this over with,” I stated while walking up to him. I paused momentarily in front of his face, then slowly leaned in and kissed him gently. He soon straightened up and was no longer leaning on the counter; instead he brought his hands up to cup my face, and brought me closer.

After a moment I pulled away and looked at him skeptically. He narrowed his eyes in confusion.

“Did you…I mean…Did you feel anything?” I asked sheepishly.

A smile slowly crept onto his face “Well…..” He said trailing off.

“I didn’t.” I stated honestly.

“Nothing, nada, zilch.” I said

“Yeah, it wasn’t really doing it for me.” He stated laughing lightly. “I mean don’t get me wrong, you’re a great kisser it’s just…..”

“There was no spark,” I finished for him.

“Exactly,” He stated smiling.

“Well I’m glad that’s over,” I said with a sense of relief.

“Yeah, and now we know.” He stated.

“Okay, well I don’t mean to jet off on you like this, but I have to go see someone.” I said causally walking backwards towards the living room, leading to the stairs.

He laughed while saying “Go, go see Parker.”

“Thanks,” I said happily while running off.

I made it all the way up the stairs and into my room and found Parker lying on my bed. Excitedly, I ran over to my bed and jumped on it, which caused Parker to make an “humph,” sound.

“So,” I said casually tracing circles onto my comforter with my finger. “I talked to Jake.”

“And…” He said urging me to go on.

“And everything’s settled, and I still want to be with you, if you want to be with me.” I said smiling like a goofy child who just got their favorite candy at the candy store.

He laughed while leaning over and kissing me intently. Before anything even started I pulled back and said “But.”

Parker then pulled away too, groaning in response.

“But,” I said continuing before I was interrupted. “I want to talk about Elizabeth more.”

He sighed and laid his head down on one of my pillows.

“Ugh,” He said. “Where to begin?”

“The beginnings always good,” I stated laying back onto one of my own pillows as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know this one was kinda short, and it took awhile to get it out. But my life's been pretty Chaotic lately and well its just now getting back on track and I thought what better way to start things off then with updating. So here ya go.

And Sorry Aaron, I did not "Crush" Parker like I know you wanted me too haha.