Status: Trying to update every couple of days, will see how that goes haha.

The house of Parker(Book 2)

The House of Parker(Prt.6)

However long the night, the dawn will break.

It’s been a week since I’ve come out of my room and no one has come to check up on me, or ask how I’m doing. I think its official to say that no one cares anymore. I’ve been replaced. I was feeling terrible, and I probably looked terrible too. I sighed rolling on the other side of the bed. The blinking alarm clock read 8:30 p.m. It seems now a day’s I’m always staring at the alarm clock hoping that time will pass faster. I even named it Herbert, Herbert the alarm clock. As of right now Herbert is my only friend, well it seems like that at least.

“Maybe I should get up and do something.” I said to Herbert, even though I know he’s just an alarm clock and can’t actually reply back.

“You think?” I said pretending Herbert said I should.

“Your right,” I said throwing my sheets off of me. I got up and headed downstairs. I passed one of the maids and asked them where the movie room was. I decided to watch a movie, yes. I didn’t want to take any too drastic steps about going outside the boundaries of my room, and I figured the movie room was the first baby step. I found the room in no time thanks to the mains help. It had at least 20 chairs and some couches, they were all black leather. The lights were dim, and in the front stood a huge T.V. that was about the size of my garage door. I walked over to a cabinet and started flipping through there movie selection. I finally found one that interested me, Bridge to Terabithia. The ending was horrifyingly sad so I grabbed a box of tissues sitting on one of the end tables. I put the movie in and snuggled up in one of the front chairs. Then I heard laughter and five people walked in. I stared at them wide-eyed. It was them, Parker, Brooke, Lynn, Justin, and Jake.

“Oh Lily I didn’t know you’d be here,” Brooke said to me.

“No it’s okay, I was just leaving.” I said grabbing my box of tissues and getting up.

“Stay, join us Lily,” Justin said reaching out to touch my arm. I pulled away and clutched my tissues to my chest.

“No its okay if you wanted me here you would have asked.” I said looking at him dead in the eye. He looked appalled at what I just said. Yeah, I admit it was kind of rude, but you know what it was true. Not one of them made an effort to hang out with me or do anything with me.

“I’m sorry we didn’t invite you Lily.” Lynn said looking down. I truly believed Lynn, but I just didn’t want to hang out with all of them. Just because Lynn is sorry doesn’t mean everyone else is.

“Its fine,” I said brushing past Brooke.

“No one likes you anymore,” Brooke whispered to me as I was leaving. I could barely hear her, and I doubt everyone else could.

There was definitely some truth to that though. If everyone was so concerned about me they would have said something or came and seen me. It was like I was in the hospital and no one came to visit me. I could feel tears starting to sting my eyes; it was like I was losing my friends. I ran to the family room feeling tears fall down on my cheeks. I collapsed in front of the fireplace with the family portrait hanging high above it. I couldn’t even look at it. I couldn’t see his face. I stared at the fire; someone must have been sitting here before because the fire was just about out. I sat Indian style on the smooth carpet with my box of tissues in my lap, and then I just started to cry. I can’t remember the last time I cried this hard. I cried because I was losing my friends, I cried because I was in this situation, and I cried because I lost Parker. By the time I was done crying my whole box of tissues was gone and in a used pile beside me, and the fire was completely out. I was finally looking around the house for the first time since I sat down. What time was it? The whole house seemed pitch black. It was hard to see, I don’t know how I didn’t notice before. How long was I crying for? I got up and looked around seeing nothing but darkness.

“Lillllllllly,” I heard my name being whispered. It wasn’t Parker or anyone like that. It was something distant and yet familiar.

“Lilllllllllllllllllllly,” I heard again, only this time it was closer. Someone was in the living room with me. The way they were whispering my name, it seemed like they were messing with me, or even toying with me. Like a lion playing with his food.

“Who’s there?” I said backing up until I bumped into something hard and screamed falling over.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for all the comments =)
hope you enjoyed this one. I know I did.