Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 12.

“Oh sorry Lyn, I know you’re in the shower but I need to pee.” I said, closing the door softly behind me.

“Go ahead Brian.” She said, loud enough from me to here over the shower.

I did my business and flushed the toilets before I washed my hands. I was about to leave when…

“Brian, do you, by any chance, brought some shampoo with you? Cause I don’t have any.” She said, peeking her head out of the shower. Droplets of water were cascading down her face and her hair.

“Sure, I might have that.” I replied slowly as I walked out of the bathroom and made my way into the living room. I searched in my duffel bag and finally found what I was searching for. I walked back to the bathroom but Lyn had disappeared. I closed my eyes tight and opened the curtain a little, just so I could hand her the shampoo. I heard her laugh and I felt something wet on my cheek. I opened my eyes to see her face inches away from mine. She smiled and disappeared behind the curtain.

“Do you want to join me?” she asked. I blinked but didn’t think twice, I took off my T-shirt and boxers before opening the curtain and joining her. She smiled at me and handed me the bottle of shampoo, silently asking me to wash her hair. I bit my lip, trying not to let my eyes wander down her naked body.

“You know, I was thinking about something…” I started, squinting some shampoo in my palms and slowly massaging her scalp.

“Mmmh?”

“We should give it a try, I mean, you and I, you know…” I said, telling her what had been on my mind for a while.

She didn’t say anything for a couple of seconds before a low moan escaped her mouth as I was still massaging her scalp.

“You mean, cheating on your fiancée and cheating on my boyfriend?” she asked, taking a step back and pressing her back against my chest.

“Yeah…” I breathed out, trying to control myself.

“I think I can do that.” She said as turned around and pressed her lips against mine.

I opened my eyes wide and tried to calm down my breathing.
“Fucked up dream…” I whispered under my breath, closing my eyes tight and then opening them again.

We were still in the living room, we had fallen asleep on the couch after watching some TV when we were done looking through the pictures.

I felt a weight on my chest and looked down to see Lyn lying on top of me, her head resting on my chest, her arms wrapped around my waist. That sure wasn’t going to help me think straight.

I tried not to look at her sleeping face and looked at the pile of pictures on the coffee table, pictures Lyn gave me of the twins when they were young. She said that it was normal for me to have some pictures seeing as I wasn’t present and all. She was a great mum, despise everything she thought and everything that happened with Aiden.

I wondered what kind of mother Nathalie would be.
I couldn’t wait for her to tell me that she was expecting a kid, that would be the best day of my life… Or one of the best day of my life. For now, the best day of my life was the day I met Aiden and Angelina. Those kids are just great, just like their mother.

“Brian…” whispered Lyn, as her grip tightened.

“Are you awake?” I asked. Silence. She must be dreaming… I wrapped one arm around her waist and rubbed her back softly, while trying to understand the reason why I had that dream.

I mean, sure I love Lyn, but as my best friend and the mother of my kids, not the way I love Nathalie. It was bothering me that I had thought about cheating on Nat with Lyn. But it was just a dream right, so it was no big deal…

I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world! Life in plastic, it’s fantastic!

I blinked twice, just the time for me to realize that it was my phone ringing. I extended my hand and grabbed the ringing thing, and looked at the caller I.D: Matt. I should have know that the twins would have chosen this ringtone for their uncle when they messed around with my phone, changing all the ringtones. I looked at the clock, 11.55am.
I took the call, still rubbing Lyn’s back, not realizing that she was awake, and looking at me.

“What’s up Matt?”

“Dad?”

“Angelina? What’s wrong?” I asked, frowning as to why my daughter was using Matt’s phone.

“I… Aiden… Dad! He…” she sobbed.

“Sweetie, breath. What happened?” I asked, trying to stay calm and not to worry.

“I went to wake him up… but he wouldn’t wake up.” She sobbed. My heart fell. “He was barely breathing…” she hiccupped. “I called an ambulance and th.. then I… I called Matt…” she managed to choke out, crying.

I felt a hand on my cheek and saw Lyn, looking up at me. Her eyes filled with worry.

“Baby, he’ll be fine…” He whispered, trying to comfort her. She just sobbed more.

“Mum…” she cried out.

“She’s right here.” I said and handed the phone to Lyn. She took it.

“Mum!” I heard Angelina cried. Before Lyn spoke,

“I’m here sweetie. What’s wrong?” she asked, running a hand through her hair and looking at me before her face fell all of a sudden, and I knew, without having heard Angelina that she had told Lyn about Aiden.

“He… is he…where are you?” she whispered, pinching the bridge of her nose, her eyes closed tight.

“I’ll be on the next flight Angelina, I promise. I love you, don’t forget that. I’ll be right here.” She whispered, and I got a glimpse of a tear sliding down her cheek.

“Matt? Where are you guys? What happened? Where are they taking him?” she shot questions at the speed of light.

“Alright, we’ll be there as soon as possible…” she whispered, “Here’s Brian.” She added before she handed me the phone. She threw the cover on the floor and managed to sit up, before she got up, without her crutches and she hurried out of the living room.

“Matt, I’ll talk to you later man. We are on our way back home.” I said before I hang up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the comments on the last chapter =]
I hope you'll like this one, and sorry for the little dream part at the begining, I know some of you want Lyn and Brian back together for real ^^"