Status: Completed.

Remodelling the Wreckage of My Past

Chapter 3.

“Dad, Angelina? Can I talk to you for a second?” I asked, running a hand through my hair and resting my back against the doorframe.

Dad was drinking coffee while Angelina was eating breakfast. As soon as she saw me, she made a move to stand up and leave the room but Dad stopped her by looking at her. Nathalie left the kitchen.

“What do you want?” snapped Angelina, as she grabbed the fork and took a piece of pancake, glaring at me.

“I need to talk to you…” I started but once again, I was cut off by my twin sister.

“And I need to talk to you too. I.hate.you! You made Mum leave the state! She fucking left us Aiden, okay? And we’ve been stuck here for a week already and she hadn’t call or anything! And you barely show up at lunch or dinner and I was worried about you and then all of a sudden you come here and ask us to listen to you? What’s the point? Just go back in your room! I don’t wanna hear it! Celia is in L.A I haven’t seen her for 5 days! You’re lucky Billy is a great guy and will come to Huntington tomorrow so we can see her! You are a moron! And I…” she stopped, not able to go on as she let out a sob and broke down.

“Angelina.” Sighed Dad as he got up from his sit and went to the other side of the table. He wrapped his arms around Angelina and brought her close to his chest, rubbing small circles on her back as he let her cry. I bit my lip, and walked over to my sister, wrapping my arms around her.

“Don’t touch me!” she sobbed before Dad took a step back, letting me comfort my sister.

“Listen Angelina, I know I’ve fucked up big time. And I’m sorry. I’ll do everything I can to make Mum come back to Cali. I promise.”

“And how are you going to do that?” she asked between sobs.

“I…” I bit my lip and took a deep breath, “I’ll see a therapist. I know there’s something wrong with me.” I whispered, closing my eyes to avoid looking at my father.

Angelina wrapped her arms around me and we both stood in the kitchen, crying our eyes out with Brian joining in the hug.

**

“I’m proud of you Aiden, I’m still mad at you, but proud of your decision.” Said Angelina as she was sitting on my bed, watching me as I was pacing in the room, while Dad was downstairs, explaining the situation to Nathalie.

“And I think you should call Mum.” She added.

“She won’t answer her phone.” I mumbled, stuffing my hands in my pocket.

“Maybe she won’t, but you can leave her a message?” Angelina proposed, as she handed me my cell phone.

“I don’t know Angie…” I whispered, looking at the black phone in my sister’s hand.

“It’s as you want Aiden. I’ll go and call Celia and Billy. I’ll be in my room.” She said as she got up and patted my cheek as she walked past me and left the room, closing the door behind her.

I stopped pacing and sat on the edge of my bed, taking the cell phone in my hands and looking at it, wondering whether to call her or not. I bit my lip and dialed her number before pressing the call button and holding the phone to my ear.

After two rings, it went straight to the voice mail.

Hey, it’s Lyn. I’m busy for the moment, just leave a message and I might call you back.
BIP

“Hey Mum, it’s Aiden.” I paused. “Hum… I was just wondering how you were doing, and if everything was going good at the label and…” I trailed off, feeling stupid. “And I wanted to let you know that I’m working on my problems, I have an appointment with a therapist next week. Well, that being said, I think I’ll hang up now. And hum yeah, please forgive me Mum…I love you.” I hung up and threw the phone on the floor before throwing myself on the bed, hoping she was going to call me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the comments on the previous chapter =D