Sequel: Let Your Heart Win
Status: Complete - check out the sequel...

The Only One Who Needs to Know

Chapter 20

As Cali made her way back to the table she watched Andy quickly stow his cell phone back in his pocket before reaching for his glass and taking a final sip of his beer.

“The check’s been taken care of so we’re free to go when you’re ready.” He said with a large smile as she sat back down next to him.

“And where will you be taking me then?” Cali asked with a smirk, which Andy returned as he leaned across to gently place a kiss beside her ear.

“Well, I have it on good authority that there’s no one going to be at your place tonight.” He replied in a whisper as he ran his hand slowly up and down her thigh.

“Really now?” Cali replied with a smirk. “And how do you know that?” she added pulling herself away from him to give him a questioning look.

“I have my sources.” He replied with a wink as he stood up and offered her his hand to help her up. She took it with a smile, grabbing her clutch with her other hand and allowing him to lace their fingers together, as he began to lead them through the restaurant.

“Have you had words with Rachel?” she asked as they stepped out into the crisp October evening.

“I might have.” Andy replied with a telling smile gracing his plump lips. Cali smirked as the cool air sent a shiver down her body.

“Cold baby?” Andy asked, dropping his grip on her hand to place his arms around her shoulder and rubbing her arm.

“Just a bit.” She replied, holding herself closer to his warm body.

“Here.” He said, stopping to take his jacket off, like a true gentleman, and placed it over her shoulders.

“Thanks.” She replied as he gently placed his arm around her shoulders, holding her close to him.

“Anytime baby.” He said as he kissed her temple.

“You’d think that by now I’d remember to bring a jacket of some description with me when I’m out on my birthday. I always seem to forget it’s in October.” She replied with a chuckle.

They continued to walk slowly back to her apartment, Andy missing how Cali noticed him taking his cell phone out of his pocket and dialling a number, barely giving the call enough time to connect before placing the phone back in his pocket.

As she took out her keys from her clutch to let them into the apartment, Andy moved to behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist as he gently kissed the crook of her neck.

“Mmm, can’t you wait two more minutes.” She moaned softly as she placed the key in the lock. “Cos I can’t.” she added quickly turning in his arms, one of her hands finding the back of his neck as she pulled him into a fiery kiss, her other hand turning the door handle to allow them to enter the apartment.

Suddenly the room was filled with light and the unified yell of “Surprise” met Cali’s ears. In total shock, Cali pulled away from Andy, turning quickly to see the bemused faces of her friends. She stumbled backwards, Andy stretching out his hand to stop her from falling.

“Oh my fucking god! What are you guys doing here?” she yelled, gaping at the group of people in front of her.

“It’s called a surprise party.” Jimmy said with a chuckle.

“What?!” Cali replied staring at him.

“A surprise party Cali, you know, you wait in the dark and jump out yelling “Surprise.”” Zack replied sarcastically with a grin.

Cali glared at him as the others laughed. “Thanks Zack, but I know what a surprise party is.” She retorted.

“What I don’t get is how?” she added a little calmer.

“How?” Andrea replied with a look of confusion from where she was stood next to Jimmy.

“Yeah, I mean, I take it Rachel knew right seeing that it’s our apartment and everything.” she paused as she watched everyone nod. “Ok, so how did you get her to keep it secret? She can’t keep anything quiet.”

“Hey, I can!” Rachel yelled crossing her arms over her chest.

“Oh please, you can’t. The moment you found out about Susan Midfield being pregnant you were on the phone telling everyone, and you ruined Half-Blood Prince for me!” Cali retorted with an eye roll.

Rachel scoffed, stamping her foot slightly. “I threatened her with no sex if she told you.” Johnny muttered from beside her, earning a scowl for Rachel as the rest of the group laughed.

“Ok, so now that’s out in the open, can we get on with this party?” Jenni yelled. There was a unified cheer of agreement and the music was turned on. Cali and Andy were both handed a drink as the lights were dimmed and the group began to enjoy the party.

***************

“Shots for the birthday girl!” Matt cheered as he appeared in front of Cali with a tray of shots.

“Thanks Mattie.” She replied with a smile as she took a shot of Tequila off the tray. She paused with the glass at her lips, waiting for someone to claim the other shots to do them with her.

“Please don’t tell me you want me to do all five shots.” She queried spotting the mischievous grin on Matt’s lips.

“It’s your birthday.” He stated simply, his smile growing to show off his trademark dimples. Cali stared at him for a moment and deciding that he wasn’t going to take no for an answer she knocked back the first shot and followed it quickly with the other four shots, quickly adding the remainder of her beer to help wash away the taste of aniseed from the shot of Sambuca.

Matt smiled triumphantly and turned with the tray of empty shot glasses back towards the kitchen. “Another five coming up.” he said just loud enough for Cali to hear.

“Oh hell no! I’m not doing another tray of shots.” She replied chasing after him. “I’ll be on my back.”

“Just the way I like you.” Cali quickly turned and momentarily glared at Brian who was stood leaning against the counter as Matt began to pour more shots into glasses.

“Oh come on, you walked into that one.” He said with a chuckle, a smirk placed on his thin lips. She glared back at him for another brief moment but couldn’t help the smirk that appeared on her own lips at his words.

“And you know it’s true.” He added in a barely audible whisper against her ear. Cali glanced quickly at Matt wondering how he seemed to be oblivious to their exchange and glanced back to Brian, her smile still firmly in place.

“Ok, you two are helping me with these shots.” She said as Matt put down the bottle of JD.

“I’ve never been one not to help out a beautiful lady.” Matt said with a wink as he passed her and Brian a glass.

“Happy Birthday Cali!” Matt said lifting his glass as if giving a toast before tilting his head back to take the shot. As she tilted her own head back to allow the dark liquid down her throat, Cali felt a hand gently caress her lower back and her ass. Knowing the hand belonged to Brian, she closed her eyes as she felt as though a bolt of electricity was being sent through her body.

“Thanks guys but I think that’s enough shots for me for the moment.” Cali said passing the glass back to Matt with a smile. She turned and smiled briefly at Brian before turning away and grabbing a beer from the refrigerator on her way back into the living room.

Less than five minutes later, as she stood talking to some of the girls, Cali felt her cell phone vibrate. As she glanced at the screen to see who the message was from, she looked up quickly in confusion to try and find the person who sent her a message. Not seeing him around her, she opened the message and read it.

“You look fucking amazing tonight.” She looked up again with an unstoppable smile and searched the room, finding Brian talking to Andy and Zack beside the archway that led through to the kitchen.

“You look pretty damn fine yourself.” She typed her reply and pressed send as she tried to concentrate on the conversation she was supposed to be taking part in. out of the corner of her eye she saw Brian take out his cell and read her message before typing a reply. Within seconds of him putting his phone back in his pocket, hers vibrated in her hand.

“I wish I was the one going to be removing that dress off your body later. Andy doesn’t know how lucky he is.”

“Brian, don’t start please. This is hard enough as it is.”
She replied quickly, not wanting to see his expression when he read the message. A minute or so passed before her cell vibrated again. Slowly she flipped it open and read the message.

“Sorry, I know it is…but when can we meet up again?” Cali smiled as she glanced up at him before she typed her reply.

“Tuesday? I don’t have a lesson first thing and Rachel will be in work.”

She glanced up again, watching a smirk appear on his lips as he read her message. He looked up, catching her eye and giving a discreet nod before quickly returning his attention to the conversation his was in the middle of.

“…but her cell phone’s been more interesting than us.” Val said with a smile as Cali blushed as she realised that they’d noticed that she hadn’t been paying them attention.

“Sorry guys.” She replied sheepishly.

“Anyone interesting?” Michelle asked as Cali blushed more.

“Oh, only one of my friends from London wishing me a happy birthday.” She replied impressed by how quickly she had been able to make up a lie. “So what were you saying?”

“We were talking about going Christmas shopping together, us girls tend to shop for the guys together if you fancy it?” Andrea said with a welcoming smile.

“Yeah, that sounds cool. Just let me know when, I’m always up for a shopping trip.” Cali replied. “Excuse me though, these beers have been going through Me.” she said with a smile as she turned and walked across the room and down the hallway that led to the bathroom.

Cali gasped, clutching her hand over her heart as she opened the bathroom door after washing her hands to find Brian stood on the other side.

“Hey.” He said huskily with a lustful smile. After a brief glance down the hallway to make sure no one else was around, Cali wrapped her hands in Brian’s dark hair as he lips pressed forcefully against his, her tongue pushing its way into his mouth as his hands grabbed her hips.

“Fuck. I’ve wanted to do that all night.” He whispered harshly as they broke away.

“Me to.” Cali agreed biting her lip as they stared into each other’s eyes.

Brian leaned forward again quickly, pressing his lips to hers, causing a gasp to escape her lips as his hand moved from her hip and rubbed gently over the material of her underwear.

“I’ll see you Tuesday.” He growled into her ear before pulling away and stepping into the bathroom behind her. Taking a brief moment to compose herself again, Cali then walked back down the corridor looking forward to Tuesday morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks as always to everyone who read, subscribed and commented after the last chapter, you guys are awesome :)

Cali's outfit

For those of you who haven't yet, please read Bet Your Life I'd Do It Again a story I've co-written with the Awesome Deathbat Prophet and the Amazing clemsongirl26 :D
Thanks :D

Oh and then go and check out this story by Deathbat Prophet....it's her new one :D