‹ Prequel: A Horrible Romance

A Unique and Torn Romance

Another Lecture, Another Evasion

Bob is glaring at me, but I’m ignoring it – looking out the window instead. Why can’t he just leave me alone? I’m leaving him alone!

“Way! Wake up and read the passage,” the asshole of a teacher yells, before he pulls the curtains – blocking my view to freedom.

I sigh and roll my eyes.

I look down at the lines in the book – the black letters lying dead on the shitty, worn paper. They’ve been killed by too many students reading their boring, pointless meaning. It’s murder to read the letters.

I look up at the teacher, who’s staring into his own precious book with a slight smile on his face. It actually disgusts me.

I flatten out my face – mentally ironing all the wrinkles – and put on a blank, innocent face and finish it off with my sweet, innocent, little unicorn-eyes.

“I can’t read it.” The teacher’s head snaps up and his smile is immediately replaced by a frown. Though this frown quickly disappears when he sees my eyes.
“I don’t have my glasses.” I wear contact, but he doesn’t know that.

“Oh. I’m sorry,” the teacher says softly – guilt in his voice.
I inwardly snigger as he passes the task onto some helpless creature in the class.
“Smith!” I actually think he’s the son of Abominable Snowman.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this is extremely short! It's horrible, really...

To make up for it, I have a one-shot you could read...