Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;16

I felt stupid. Of course she'd want to forget about it. I was an idiot. I mean, we were cuddling in her bed. Anyone who didn't have some creepy perverted crush on their stepsibling would want to forget that.

Except, I'm pretty sure what I felt for Kaitlin was more than a crush. I'd been lying awake almost all night, thinking about it. I didn't know what I was feeling anymore. Or, I guess I did, and I was just in denial. Maybe I should call Nick. Or maybe not. He'd probably think I'm a freak.

I decided to talk to Chris instead. Nick was my best friend and all, but this was weird and Chris had seen more weird shit than all of my other friends put together, so I figured he'd be the best choice. I picked up the phone and dialed Chris' number.

"Hey, man, what's up?" he answered.

"I have... a problem." I said.

"What's wrong?"

"I... uh..." I hesitated, but forced myself to say it, "I think I'm in love with my stepsister."

Chris was silent for a few seconds. I tapped my foot nervously while I waited. When he finally spoke, his voice was thoughtful, not horrified.

"Well, if she's not a blood relative, then there wouldn't be any danger of birth defects if you got her pregnant..."

I felt myself blushing at the thought, and I groaned. "Dude, this is so fucked up."

He laughed. "Trust me, I've heard much worse."

"Like what? Wait, actually, I don't want to know."

"You definitely don't." I heard the faint sound of a doorbell in the background. "I gotta go, but don't worry too much, okay?" he said.

"Alright, bye," I said. I hung up the phone. I didn't really feel any better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rawr.