Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;21

“What was his problem?” I asked while packing up my books since the bell rang.

“Oh…Well…I don’t…Probably can’t find his textbook,” Nick muttered.

“Err okay?”

He nodded and we walked out of the classroom together in silence. Ever since Tyson came bursting into our classroom without warning, Nick had been acting strange. Well at least stranger than I’ve ever seen him. There was no over the top laughing nor was there any inside jokes being made.

“Well, I have to go this way for my locker,” I told him, gesturing to the left with my fingers.

“Oh alright. I’ll see you later,” he said, taking a few steps to the right.

I clutched my books closer to my body as I made my way back to my locker. I really wonder what Tyson’s problem actually was. Maybe, just maybe, he actually was gay. And when he saw Nick with me, he thought Nick was cheating on him.

“Kaitlin! Kaitlin, wait!” I heard someone call.

I turned around and there was Nick. He stood there awkwardly and his glance was at the floor.

“Yeah Nick?” I asked.

“Ty’s probably going to kill me but do you wanna come over to my house later tonight and watch a movie?” He asked, one hand behind his head, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

“Uhh…”

“You don’t have to. It was just an idea, I mean.”

“No, no. It’s a good idea,” I smiled.

“Really?” Nick said as his face lit up.

“Yeah sure. What time?”

“Say around eight?”

I nodded, “See you then.”

Nick smiled and I resumed my journey to my locker. Tonight was gonna be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
da-da-dunn