Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;37

We, Tyson and I, just hung around the house all day and night, retiring to my bed just after the last movie finished at two in the morning. He sat there, fiddling with his wristwatch while telling me a story of Nick and his previous adventures.

We both laughed, leaving an awkward silence at the end. I mustered up enough courage to turn my head and press my lips lightly against his cheek. He sucked in a short breath at the contact before grasping my face in his hands and kissing me full on. I felt my face grow hot. Be it from lack of air or Tyson's sweet breath on my face, it made no difference. I tried to mumble my need for air against his lips but all that was accomplished sounded like a moan.

I slapped his shoulder and pulled away gasping. After I had caught my breath, I apologized.

“Sorry, it's just you need to remember to breathe. Do you not breathe or something?” I teased, snuggling close to him again.

“This is wrong, all very, very wrong,” he suddenly sat up straighter, making my head fall off his shoulder.

Rejection set in right away and gnashed its teeth.

“W-what?” I stammered, my breath growing ragged.

“It's not that your wrong it's just… it seems too taboo,” his expression was pained, as if something else was forcing him to say this. Something he couldn't deny.

“No, it's fine. I'm over the age of consent!” I suddenly became desperate and clung to his shirt madly. “You can't leave me… please. I've never felt happier in so long. It's not wrong…” I continued babbling, pausing to see his reaction.

Finally he pressed a finger to my lips and smiled briefly, “I'm not leaving you. I just overreact sometimes… as I now see you do to.”

Relief and anger took the place of my desperation. He had me clinging to his shirt, thinking he was going to leave me, never talk to me again and now he's suddenly changed his mind?

I narrowed my eyes, trying to seem threatening, “How would you feel if someone came along and offered you a million dollars but suddenly decided that you were the wrong person and took it away?” I screamed at him, trying to see through the tears that scared me.

These were a new kind of tears- not a friendly or comforting kind. They were anger and pain combined into one. I had been hurt by people who hated me, who I didn't love but now I faced the hardest kind of hurt. The kind from someone you thought loved you, someone who was kind and someone… you loved.

His face crumpled and he squeezed his eyes shut, grabbing me close to him and holding me there. I tried to pull away, keep up the angry face, but it wasn't working. His arms were too strong and my will too weak.

It took me a few seconds to realize he was shaking… no wait, crying. “Kaitlin,” his breath was shaky and his voice unsure. “I didn't mean to say it like you were what was wrong, I just assumed that maybe you felt… well I don't know. It's not everyday I go around falling for my step-sister…”

Minutes passed before I started to gather my common sense.

“So, you aren't going to leave me?” I questioned, able to pull away now to look him in the eye.

“I wasn't ever going to leave,” he assured me.

Hearing what I needed to, I crashed my lips into his again, this time wasting no air. He was stunned for a few seconds but soon recovered by parting my lips with his tongue and moving one of his hands to the back of my neck.

Unsure of what to do with my hands, I settled for his shoulders. Cupping his face in my hand seemed a bit over dramatic right now. We pulled away for air and gasped greedily at the source of oxygen around us. His eyes were clouded over with lust and his expression was concentrated.

He sighed contentedly and rubbed one of his eyes, “I think I’m hanging with the guys tomorrow. You wanna come?”

“Sure,” I smiled.

“Great, let’s get some sleep,” Tyson said, laying down and pulling me with him before resting his arm over my waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
We didn't totally die x)