Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;07

Okay. Alright. I admit it. I did want to hang out with Tyson. Just a little. Oh alright, fine. A lot. But only to try and lift the veil of awkwardness over us. Nothing else…I hope.

I grabbed my iPod, setting the earphones into the familiar habitat of my ears. I’d missed the feeling of having my security blanket. It had been nearly a whole month without it and boy, was I messed up without it. I actually had to listen to my mother’s rambling and rant sessions. Not fun at all.

Hitting the shuffle button, making Stereo Skyline’s ‘Uptown Get Around’ fill my ears, I rushed out of my future house. I didn’t bother saying ‘Goodbye’ to my new step-brother. I just assumed he was in the bathroom and I really didn’t want to disturb him. I mean, I’d already seen enough of him. I didn’t need to see anymore.

I ended up walking aimlessly around the centre of town, dreading the return of my mother and her new husband until the poster for the new Green Day record in the window of a nearby shop caught my eye. Green Day had always been a guilty pleasure of mine ever since I was young. Plus it didn’t help that it was my dad’s favourite band which ultimately rubbed off on to me.

Happily, I practically skipped into the record store and instantly headed towards where I expected Green Day to be. I searched high and low around the store but had no luck. I sighed and leant against the counter.

“Need some help?” A girl, slightly taller than myself, came out from one of the aisles.

“Uh, yeah. I’m after the new Green Day,” I told her quietly.

“Ah! Finally! A girl who is a Green Day fan!” She smiled.

“Um, thank-you?” I replied with one eyebrow raised.

The brunette laughed, “You’re welcome. I’m Tay, by the way.”

“Kaitlin.”

We ended up talking for nearly an hour about Green Day and other music. Turns out that Tay is a massive Green Day fan who not only works at a record store but attends the same high school that I’ll be going to. I ended up buying the Green Day record and put it in my bag.

“Thanks so much Tay,” I smiled, about to walk away.

“No problem. Oh hey, Kaitlin! I was wondering did you want to come over to my place sometime and watch ‘Bullet In A Bible’ with me?” Tay asked, leaning over the counter.

I couldn’t exactly say no since she had been so nice to me, “Err…Sure. When do you want to watch it?”

“How bout now?”

“But aren’t you working?” I asked.

“Nope. Oh well technically yes but only for another five minutes. So how about it? You in or not?”

“Of course I’m in!”

And in five minutes, Tay shut up shop and we went off to her house. She had claimed Billie Joe as hers to which I just rolled my eyes, knowing that Tré Cool was the best one out of the whole entire group.

The footpath to the house we were going into had a single car parked in the driveway while another was parked out the front on the road. I saw Tay give a groan as I followed her.

“Oh sorry. Did I do something wrong?” I asked shyly.

“Huh? What? No, of course not. It’s just my dumb brother’s friends are here. Don’t get me wrong, they’re great, but I just want to observe Billie in peace,” Tay replied, giving a dumb smile.

I gave an understanding nod and followed her in.
♠ ♠ ♠
for the people who have commented and subscribed <3.