The Direwood Fairies

Post 2

I awoke to voices around me and tensed a little.

What is going on? Oh right I fell from grace.

“Why was she laying on the side of the highway like that?” One voice said.

“If she turns out to be annoying I’m blaming you for making us stop the bus to help her Gerard!”

“Whatever Frankie. You wouldn’t have let us leave her if you had spotted her instead of me.” Some one replied.

“Maybe she came from the Renaissance Fair, which could explain the dress.” A new voice offered. I stirred a little and finally opened one eye to see five guys standing around me. I jumped up so quickly the guys didn’t see me move.

I still have the reflexes of a fairy.

“Ah! How did you get up the quickly?” The shortest one with the lip ring asked me.

“Doesn’t matter. Where the hell am I?” I demanded.

“On a tour bus. We saw you lying on the side of the road and stopped to help.” A voice from behind me stated. I spun around quickly and looked at this human.

“Oh, thanks. Who are you?” I asked.

“I’m Frankie.” The short one said.

“Bob.” Said the blonde.

“Mikey.” Said the one in the Anthrax tee shirt.

“Ray.” Said the one with the crazy hair.

“I’m Gerard. Who are you?” The one I was facing asked.

Shit what was the name Marian gave me?

“I’m Keahi. It means flames in Hawaiian.” I said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a small fairy fluttering. I looked closer and it was Misty. “Do you have a bathroom?” I asked.

“Yeah it’s right here.” Gerard said, motioning to a door. I quickly grabbed Misty and ran into the bathroom.

“You’re here!” I said happily.

“Hi Flames. How is it not being able to flit?” Misty said.

“It sucks. I just want to go home. My back still hurts from my wings falling to pieces.” I told her sadly.

“The pain should go soon. I’m not supposed to be here so I have to go.” Misty said and opened a door to Direwood. She went in and the door closed behind her. I sighed and left the bathroom.

“Can I leave?” I asked after coming out of the bathroom.

“This won’t end well.” Bob muttered as Gerard got an uncomfortable look on his face.

“Well see, we left the Aragon Ballroom late and we need to get to our next stop tonight so we would drive you to your house but we don’t have time so we’ll buy you a plane ticket in Indiana so you can get home.” He explained.

“Fine but skip the plane ticket. I’ll just have to make do in Indiana.” I said the last bit more to myself.

“Wait, don’t you have a home to go back to?” Frankie asked me.

“Not exactly…”

“Why not?” Gerard asked.

“Long story.”

“Well then you’ll have to stay with us. We can’t leave you with no where to say.” Ray decided. I sat down on the couch but when my back hit the couch pain shot through me.

“Ow!” I muttered as my face screwed up in pain.

“Are you okay?” Bob asked.

“I’ll be fine.” I replied.

“It’s you back. Can I take a look I’m really good with first aid.” Gerard offered.

“No! Don’t touch me!” I said sternly and fled from that area of the bus. I reached the bunk area and saw the emergency hatch on the ceiling of the bus. The idea of the outside world appealed to me I began climbing quickly, almost effortlessly up the bunks. I reached the top bunk and realized I couldn’t reach the hatch. I quickly jumped across the bunks to the other side, an amazing feat showing that I wasn’t completely human. I pushed open the hatch and began to pull myself out.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Gerard’s voice made its way to my ears, surprising me enough so that I lost my grip and almost fell but before I could hit the ground I grabbed the side of a bunk.

“How long have you been standing there?” I demanded turning to face him.

“I walked in as you began climbing. I saw that little leap of yours.” He smirked and I knew he knew there was something different about me.

“Whatever.” I began climbing the bunks again making my way back to the hatch but right as I was about to reach it Gerard stepped on the 2nd lowest bunk and was tall enough to hit the hatch closed.

“I wouldn’t do that. We are going 65mph on the highway. The wind would blast you right off the roof of the bus.”

“Fine.” I jumped down but lost my balance by landing on a shoe and fell on my back. I cried out in pain as my back hit the floor.

“Shit! Let me take a look at your back. You could have an infected cut.” Gerard said and I finally gave in.

“Okay.”

“Lay down on you stomach.” He said pointing to a bunk. I did as he said. He brushed my hair out of the way. Since the back of my dress was low cut for my wings he could see the two cuts on my back.

“How bad is it?”

“I’m not gonna lie, this is really bad. I’m going to need to unzip the back of your dress a little so I can bandage it properly.” I nodded, giving him permission. He carefully unzipped her dress and reached into an emergency first aid kit that came standard with their tour bus. He began dabbing the cuts with disinfectant.

“Ow!” I hissed as he applied pressure to the cuts.

“These cuts are really clean and there is burn marks around the edges. How did you get these?”

“Um, I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay, well I was wrong about them being infected; the cuts are just fucking huge. That’s why they stung so much.” He explained as he bandaged the area where my wings once were.

“Thanks, for everything. Sorry for being a little crazy.” I told him before heading back towards the other guys.