Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 25

Stuart sat at the kitchen counter eating breakfast as he thought about the previous day’s events. He’d really thought that Marcus loved him, that he was the one for him. once again David had wrecked things for both him and Angie.

A soft knock on the front door drew him from his thoughts and he slowly made his way into the living room to open the door.

“Hey Stu is Angie around?” Brian asked as the door opened.

“Oh hey, no she’s not up yet.” Stuart replied. “Come on in.”

“How are you this morning? You really liked that Marcus dude huh?” Brian said closing the door behind him.

“I’m okay; I’ve kinda gotten use to having my heart broken by men.” He replied with a saddened smile.

“Sorry dude, I’m sure you’ll be okay. do you think Angie will be okay with me going in to see her?” he asked.

“Sure dude, so long as you’re not here to end things with her.” Stuart replied.

“I love her too much for that.” he replied with a smile as he began to make his way to her room.

“Good.” Stuart replied making his way back into the kitchen.

Brian knocked quietly on the bedroom door, pushing it open slightly when there was a murmured answer.

Angie lifted her head off her pillow as the door opened expecting to see Stuart. A smile spread quickly onto her lips as she realised it was Brian stepping into the room.

“Hey.” she said, unable to manage to get any other words to form.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked closing the door behind him and walking over to the bed.

“I don’t know. That kind of depends on why you’re here.” She replied as she sat up in bed.

“I feel like my heart has been ripped into pieces Ange. Knowing that you’ve slept with that…that creep makes me sick to my very core. I know why you did it, and I kind of understand why you thought it was your only option, but it still fucking hurts like crazy to think that you fucked him, that he had his hands all over you, that he kissed you and…” he began with tears brimming his eyes as he sat on the edge of the bed next to her.

“Brian, if I could take it back and stop it happening then believe me I would.” Angie told him.

“I know baby. I’m not blaming you, not at all. I’ve barley slept all night because I’ve been thinking about everything. Whether or not I can forgive you and if we have a future together.” he said quietly.

“And…?” Angie asked nervously.

“And I realised that I love you too much to let him wreck what we have.” He replied.

“Really?” she asked leaning towards him slightly with a large smile.

“Yes. I love you and we need to be together.” he replied, climbing onto the bed so that he was sat over her legs, cupping her face with his large hands.

“I love you too.” she whispered as his lips met hers softly.

“I love you Angie. More than anything, and nothing and no one is ever going to come between us.” He whispered against his lips as he continued to kiss her softly.

“You’re mine Angie, no one else’s. mine.” He whispered as he kissed her with more force.

“Tell me you’re mine.”

“I’m yours. All yours.” She murmured as he began to trail his lips along her neck, roughly biting her soft skin.

“Mine.” He growled as he roughly slipped his hands under her top and pulled her down onto the bed.

“I love you Angie.” Brian whispered breathlessly kissing her cheek as he pulled her closer to him, his arm slipping around her waist.

“I love you too Brian.” she replied quietly as she rested her head on his bare chest.

“I’ve been thinking about what to do about David.” He said after a short pause.

“So have I.” she replied.

“I want you to go to the court and get an injunction out on him.” Brian stated.

“Great minds think a like hey?” she said with a smile tilting her head to look at him. “Stuart said he’d take me to the County court this morning to get a restraining order out against him. It’s something I should have done a long time ago.”

“I should have insisted as soon as we knew he’d been to the bar.” Brian told her.

“No, I should have before ever leaving Denver. I had a feeling that he wouldn’t leave me alone.” She replied.

“That doesn’t really matter now, but I’ll go with you to the police.” He said.

“Thanks, that means a lot to me knowing that you’re going to be there to support me.” she replied.

“Of course I am babe. I’m always going to be there for you.” he replied kissing her lips. “So how about, we get dressed, grab something to eat, go to the police to get the injunction and then when get back, we can start moving your stuff next door.”

“You still want me to move in?” she asked.

“Of course I do. I love you Angie and I want you in my life. I need you in my life and that includes you living in the same house as me.” he replied laying a wet sloppy kiss on her lips causing her to laugh.

“Come on, we’ve got a busy day.” He said offering her his hand as he helped her put of bed.

“Well it’s nice to see you two have made up.” Stuart said as they walked into the kitchen.

“Could have done without hearing it though.”

“Sorry sweetie.” Angie replied blushing slightly.

“Don’t worry you won’t be hearing us too much from now on.” Brian stated with a smirk.

“What do you mean?” Stuart asked confused.

“Well, um, Brian’s asked me to move in with him.” Angie said nervously.

“See, didn’t I tell you the other day that he was going to progress the relationship?” Stuart replied excitedly.

“You’re not mad?” Angie asked.

“Of course not. Why would I be mad?” he asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe because I’m leaving you on your own to pay the rent?” she replied.

“Ange I’m not going to miss you paying half the rent and bills and stuff, I’m going to miss you. I can get another house mate and I’m still going to see you all the time anyway, we work together and you’re only going next door.” he said with a smile.

“Cool, I’m glad you’re okay with it. Brian’s also said that he’ll take me to the Court house after breakfast so that I can get a restraining order out on him.” she replied.

“Do you still want me to be there?” he asked.

“Please. You could be a witness to his behaviour or something.” she replied with a smile.

“Of course, now what are you cooking me for breakfast?” Stuart replied with a smile and a wink.

After breakfast the three of them made their way to the county court where Angie filled in the necessary forms to file for a restraining order and handed them over to the Court Clerk who told her to return the following morning to see the judge.

“So do you want to head back and move some of your stuff?” Brian asked as they left the court house.

“May as well. No time like the present hey.” she replied with a smile.

“That’s it, can’t wait to get away from me.” Stuart mocked.

“Oh you know that’s not true.” She replied reaching up to hug him as they walked over to Brian’s car.

“Listen, why don’t you two spend some time together on your own while you pack?” Brian said as they drove off.

“In other words he doesn’t want to help with the packing.” Stuart mocked.

“Yeah, he’s seen my converse collection.” Angie replied with a chuckle.

“Actually I thought it would give you two the chance to spend some time together while I make some more room for everything.” he replied in defence.

“That actually sounds like a good idea.” Stuart said.

“Yeah, it could be quite fun.” Angie agreed.

Once Brian had parked in his driveway, he briefly kissed Angie before she and Stuart headed into their house.

“So where do you want to start?” Stuart asked as they walked into her bedroom.

“Well it’s only really my clothes and stuff I need to pack. I don’t need to take anything from the kitchen or living room.” she replied getting her suitcase out of the closet.

“We’re finally growing up aren’t we?” she said as they began to pack her clothes.

“Well you are, I’m not too sure about me.” he replied. “I’m destined to be a spinster for the rest of my life.”

“Oh sush! You’ll find someone soon sweetie I know you will.” She replied.

“Yeah, someone else to break my heart.” He muttered.

“Don’t say that Stu. I know you haven’t had the best of luck with guys, but then neither did I, and now look at me.” she replied with a smile.

“Yeah I guess.” He replied quietly. “I mean neither of us would have thought that you would be moving in with a guy this time last year.”

“Exactly, just stop looking for it and let it surprise you.” she replied with a smile.

“So long as it’s a nice looking surprise like you got with Brian.” he replied with a wink.

“Hmmm, yeah, I couldn’t have gotten much closer to my ideal man if I’d tried could I?.” She replied.

“Hun, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that man is perfection.” He replied.

“And he’s all mine.” She replied smugly.

“Lucky bitch.” He said closing up the now full suitcase.

“I think it’ll be easier to pack all my shoes into garbage sacks to take them next door.” she said.

“Good point. I’ll get the sacks, you can pack your underwear draw while I’m gone, I don’t want any nasty surprises like I did the last time I helped you pack.” He said as he turned to walk out of the bedroom.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The look on your face was awesome. But believe me I don’t need that anymore!” she called after him.

“I know! I’ve heard you remember!” he called back.

“I think that’s it.” Angie said about two hours later as she closed up the lid of the box she’d just finished packing.

“And if it’s not, either I’ll claim it or throw it over the fence.” Stuart replied. “Shall we start taking it next door?”

“Nah, come on we deserve a break. I’ll let Brian know we’re done and he can come over to help us take it over.” She replied.

“Glass of wine then?” he asked as they made their way back out into the kitchen.

“Sounds perfect.” She replied as she sent a message to Brian.

Before Stuart could pour the third glass of wine, Brian walked in through the front door. “So are you ready to move in with me beautiful?”

“As soon as we’ve had this glass of wine.” she replied as he kissed her cheek. “Are you ready for me to move in?”

“Yep, I’ve moved some stuff around and I’ll make more room if you need it.” He replied.

“You know, this will actually be the first time I’ve lived with someone, you know like a boyfriend.” She said.

“And hopefully the last time too.” Brian replied.

With their wine finished they each grabbed a box or case and made their way over to Brian’s house.

“Wait.” Brian said stopping on the door step. “Here, you do it.”

Angie took the key that he was holding out for her, noticing the key chain was of her name and opened the door. then once everything had been moved across she turned to face Stuart with tears in her eyes.

“I’m going to miss living with you so much.” She said as he pulled her into a hug.

“Me too. Now don’t start crying. I’ll only be next door if you need me.” he replied sadly.

“I know. Shit, this is so stupid. I’ll be giving you a lift to work in two hours.” She replied as she wiped the tears away.

“Exactly. I’ll see you later.” He said with a smile and a wink before turning to leave.

“Two hours hey?” Brian muttered as Stuart closed the door behind him.

“Mmmhmm.” She replied.

“Lets not waste any time then.” He whispered into her ear as he picked her up bridal style.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks as always for reading, subscribing and commenting on this!
More would be loved :)

Myself and Clemsongirl26 are holding a Avenged Sevenfold "Crime of Passion" Writing contest if anyone's interested.
[url=http://www.polyvore.com/angie_25/set?id=21069220] Angie