Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 27

Angie felt her stomach drop when she saw the two pink lines clearly on the test stick in Brian’s hands. Her hand dropped from his as fresh tears sprung to her eyes.

“Fuck.” Brian muttered still staring at the bit of plastic.

“It’s okay. I know what I have to do.” She said quietly, cupping his face and placing a soft kiss on his lips before grabbing her purse and leaving the office. As the office door closed behind her Brian still held onto the test as he slipped quietly onto the floor, his back resting against the front of the desk, tears running down his cheeks. Angie was pregnant, and there was a high chance of it not being his.

Brian had never been so happy than what he was with Angie and over the past month or so; he had found himself thinking more and more about his future with her. More and more often he’d found himself daydreaming about them being together. Getting married, having children, growing old together and had even pictured them with their grandchildren.

He had it all planned. He’d found the perfect ring the previous week. All he needed was the right time to ask her.

But now everything was ruined. She was pregnant, possibly with another man’s child.

He was so lost in his thoughts he didn’t hear the knock at the door, nor notice the door opening.

“Brian? What’s happened? Why has Angie run out of here in tears?” Stuart asked as he crouched down beside Brian.

Brian looked up at him and attempted to wipe his tear stained cheeks. “She’s pregnant.”

“Pregnant? Wow really? But is that really such a bad thing?” he replied.

“It may not be mine.” Brian said solemnly.

“Not yours? But who’s would it oh David? Fuck.” Stuart replied and Brian nodded.

“Exactly.” He muttered.

“So where did Angie go?” Stuart asked.

“I’m not sure, I think she said something about knowing what to do?” Brian said passively.

“What do you mean? She was in tears when she left.” Stuart yelled.

“I don’t know Stu! I think she may be going to get an abortion.” He yelled back.

“An abortion? Are you sure? She wouldn’t do something like that. She doesn’t agree with abortions!” he said loudly.

“I know. But neither of us can deal with the thought of her carrying his child.” Brian replied.

“FUCK! So she’s going to get rid of it? Without knowing for sure if it’s his or not?” Stuart replied.

Brian let out a deep sigh, placing his face in his hands. “I don’t know what to fucking do dude.” He began looking up at Stuart. “Angie and me always used protection and she doesn’t know if he did or not. It’s more than likely his child, and that’s killing me. it was bad enough finding out that he’d touched her, but now with this…Fuck! I love her, but I just can’t deal with this.”

“And what about her Bri? Are you expecting her to deal with this on her own? I’m pretty sure she needs you more than ever right now, especially if she’s going to have a fucking abortion.” Stuart yelled.

“Fuck!” Brian yelled as he stood to his feet.

“Where are you going?” Stuart called after him as he left the office.

“To fucking find her. You’re right Stu. I can’t let her do this on her own.” he replied before running out of the bar.

****

Tears had streamed down Angie’s cheeks as she ignored calls from Stuart. All she wanted to do was get out of the bar and to get this problem solved. Without hesitation she got in her car and drove towards her doctors’ office.

She could feel people watching her as she walked into the waiting room and over to the reception desk.

“Are you okay sweetie? The middle aged receptionist asked as she looked up from the computer screen.

“I’ll be fine I just need to see the doctor.” Angie replied trying her best to keep her voice calm and quiet.

“Okay, I should be able to fit you in, what’s your name sweetie?” she asked.

“Angela Norton.” She replied wiping her eyes.

“Okay, take a seat and take these.” She said with a warm smile as she passed Angie a small pack of tissues.

“Thanks” Angie muttered with a small smile. She turned and glanced briefly around the room, spotting a seat in the corner away from the other patients.

As she waited and watched the people come and go Angie thought about what she was doing. What she was asking the doctor to do. She’d always dreamed that she’d settle down and have a family at some point, and when things had gotten serious with Brian she knew that he was the one she’d settle down with. She loved him more than she’d ever loved anyone else. As far as she was concerned he was the one for her; the one she’d get married to, have children with; spend the rest of her life with. So if this is what it took to make sure he didn’t leave her then so be it.

Her name was called twice before she heard it and she made her way down the corridor to the doctor’s office.

“Good afternoon Angela, what can I do for you today?” the young female doctor asked with a concerned smile.

“Um, I’ve come to enquire about having an abortion.” She said slowly, watching as the doctors face dropped.

“Okay. Is this something you’re sure you want to do?” she asked quietly.

“Yes. I can’t do this. I can’t have his baby inside of me.” Angie blurted out with tears.

“Okay, I need you to calm down for me. Do you know how far gone you are?” she asked.

“Um, I’m not sure, I’ve only just found out I’m pregnant. I haven’t had time to think about how many weeks I am.” She replied wiping her eyes.

“Don’t worry, we can do a scan to work that out, but right now I want to make sure that this is something you really want to do.” She replied. “This is something you won’t be able to go back on once it’s done. Now I’m going to have to ask. What about the father?”

“He’s the reason I want to do this. He’s made my life hell and I never wanted to have sex with him in the first place.” Angie said as more tears slipped quickly down her cheeks.

“Did he rape you?” the doctor asked.

Angie shook her head. “Not exactly. But he told me that he’d drop the charges if I did and then he said he’d leave town forever if I slept with him again.”

The doctor watched her with a hint of confusion but nodded. “Okay, this is what I’m going to do. I’m going to make you an appointment with the clinic tomorrow. They can do a scan to see how far along you are. It’ll also give you the night to think about this to make sure that you’re one hundred percent sure about this.”

“Thank you. I’m not going to change my mind about this.” she replied. The doctor nodded and picked up the phone to make an appointment for her.

*~*

Brian didn’t know where else to look. He’d gone home, to Stuart’s house, to the woman’s clinic, and the beach. And she wasn’t answering her calls either. He sat in his car, in the parking lot close to the pier, trying to think of what else to do or where else she might be, hoping that she was okay. His thoughts were distracted by the sound of his cell ringing.

“Angie?” he asked not looking at the caller ID before answering.

“No dude it’s me.” Matt replied. “I’m with her though.”

“Is she okay? I’ll be there in five minutes.” He said.

“Bri wait. She’s told me what’s happened and she said she didn’t know where else to go.” Matt said.

“She doesn’t want to see me?” he asked.

“She said she just needs to be by herself tonight and has asked me to tell you that she has an appointment tomorrow morning.” He told him.

“Okay. Okay I understand. Tell her I love her and I’ll be there to take her to the appointment.” Brian replied.

“Will do dude. And don’t worry, you’ll get through this.” Matt said.

“I know. Thanks Matt.” Brian said quietly.

“No worries bro.” he replied before Brian hung up. He sat in his car for a little longer as he thought about Angie. He hated himself for not dealing with the situation better and knew that he had to make things right again. He loved her more than anything and was not willing to lose her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short!

I want to say that personally I do not agree with Angie's choice. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Anyway, comments?