Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 31

Angie lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling, a large smile on her face. It was her wedding day. The happiest day of her life. The thought of marrying Brian and spending the rest of her life with him made her happier than she ever thought she could be. They were staying at the Bellagio Hotel, where they were also having the wedding and the reception. Brian had booked them into one of the Cypress suites, which they currently weren’t sharing as their friends had made the decision that they weren’t allowed to spend the night before the wedding together, and they wouldn’t be able to see each other before the wedding. So Brian and Stuart had swapped rooms, leaving her sharing a bed with Stuart.

With a content sigh she reached across to the night stand to retrieve her phone and sent a message to Brian. Her phone vibrated in her hand and she smiled as she read Brian’s reply, the phone quickly being removed from her hands.

“Hey, give it back!” she yelled turning to face Stuart.

“Nuh-uh, you two are not allowed to communicate until you’re stood at the front of that wedding chapel together.” Stuart mumbled.

“No, Stu we can communicate, we just can’t see each other.” She protested trying to grab the phone from him as he typed a message. “What are you sending him?”

“I’m just letting him know that I’m keeping hold of your cell and that you’ll see him at the alter.” Stuart replied with a smile.

“You’re mean.” Angie stated, throwing a pillow at him before pushing off the bed covers and getting out of bed. “Now do something useful and order us some room service while I take a shower.”

~*~

Stuart stood open mouthed as Angie stepped out of the bathroom of the wedding chapels’ dressing room, her fingers nervously playing with the hem of the corset part of her dress.

“Stu?” she asked.

“You, you look fucking incredible.” He said in a whisper.

“Thanks.” She said feeling her cheeks redden as she took a few steps closer to him.

“You ready to do this?” he asked with a smile.

She nodded, her smile widening at the thought of what was about to happen. “Is he out there? Is he waiting?”

“Of course he is Sweetie, Matt’s just text me, we’re all ready to go whenever you are.” He replied.

“Okay, I’m ready, let’s go.” She said taking a deep breath. Stuart nodded, passing her the bouquet of dark red roses before taking her hand.

They walked out into the small lobby area outside of the wedding chapel where they were greeted by one of the registrar’s attendants, who opened the chapel doors, giving a nod to the registrar as the music began to play.

Taking another deep breath Angie and Stuart began their slow, short walk down the aisle towards Brian who didn’t take his eyes off her as she walked towards him.

When they reached the alter, Stuart gave Angie a brief kiss on her cheek, whispering that he loved her before letting go of her hand, allowing her to take hold of Brian’s.

“You look amazing.” He whispered quietly, gently kissing her cheek as the registrar began the ceremony.

Angie listened intently to her words, repeating her vows with a shaky yet confident voice. Her heart raced, pounding rhythmically within her chest as Brian slipped the wedding ring onto her finger.

She then shakily took his hand and slipped his ring onto his thin finger, her eyes barely leaving his for more than a second.

As they were pronounced as man and wife Brian laced his fingers with hers, taking a step forward to gently lower his lips to hers.

“I love you.” he murmured against her lips.

“I love you too.” she replied quietly as the music started up again, their cue to walk back down the aisle as a married couple.

After a brief moment to get congratulated by their friends, they were escorted to the hotel gardens for the photographs before heading back into the hotel for the reception.

*~*

Angie sat listening intently to Jimmy as he gave his best man’s speech, a smile on her face as her hand sat entwined with Brian’s, his calloused thumb drawing circles on her palm.

“Angie I don’t know what you’ve done to this man, and in all honesty I only want to know if its kinky, but I’ve never seen him as happy as what he has been since being with you. You two are perfect together, you belong together and I’m sure you’ll have a long and happy life together. To Angie and Brian. Mr and Mrs Haner.” Jimmy said raising his glass as everyone joined him in ending the toast.

“There’s something I want to add to that.” Stuart said standing up. “Angie, I have known you a hell of a long time but I have never seen you this happy. You’ve clearly found the man you’re supposed to spend the rest of your life with and Brian, I have every faith in you making sure she remains happy. I love you both and wish you both a life time of happiness.”

“I love you too sweetie.” Angie replied, standing up to give him a hug.

“I love you too.” Brian said quietly as he took her hand again and kissed her cheek.

“And I love you, more than I ever thought possible.” She replied pecking his lips.

“Jimmy’s right, I’ve never been so happy.” he replied.

“Ugh, enough of the fucking soppiness, anyone would think that you’d just got married.” Zack called out with a smirk as he sat down next to them.

“Sorry.” Angie muttered feeling herself blush as You Do Something To Me by Paul Weller began to play through the sound system.

“Come on Mrs Haner, we’ve got a first dance to dance to.” Brian said taking hold of her hand and leading her out onto the dance floor; his hands resting lightly on her hips as hers reached up around his shoulders, her fingers playing lightly with the small tufts of black hair as they stared into each others eyes.

Slowly, as he quietly mouthed the words of the song, slowly moving them in time to the movement, he lowered his lips to hers. With a content sigh she kissed him back, a small moan escaping her lips.

“Thank you.” she whispered quietly.

“For what?” Brian asked with a smile.

“For everything. For making me so happy, for loving me, for showing me that I can be loved and love someone, for being there for me and standing by me through everything, for being willing to be the father to the baby, for making me so fucking happy and for marrying me.” she explained, her eyes never leaving his.

“Thank you for marrying me, for loving me, for making me the happiest I’ve ever been.” Brian replied with a smile.

She kissed him again, their lips lingering against each others as they continued to dance, the other couple s joining them on the dance floor.

“What?” Angie questioned as Brian chuckled.

“Take a look.” He murmured, moving them so that she could see what he was laughing at.

Across the dance floor from them, in an embrace similar to Brian and Angie, Matt and Stuart danced together, Matt with a slightly worried expression on his face as Stuart’s hand slowly moved down his back to the top of his ass.

“I think I better go rescue Matt.” Angie whispered, kissing Brian’s cheek before walking over to the two guys.

“Mind if I interrupt?” she asked Matt with a wink.

“Of course.” He replied with a relieved smile, stepping away from Stuart to allow her to take his place.

“You’re mean.” Stuart muttered as they began to dance.

“So are you. Did you see the look on his face?” she replied.

“Oh it was only a bit of fun.” He muttered with a smile.

“I know, I just hope someone managed to get a photo.” She replied smiling back.

“So how are you Mrs Haner?” he asked.

“I’m beyond happy.” she whispered her smile widening.

“Good. I’m glad you’ve found someone who makes you happy Angie, you deserve it.” he said quietly. “Just promise me one thing.”

“Of course.” She murmured.

“Nothing will change between you and me, we’ll still be best friends you won’t forget about me.” he said.

“Of course I won’t forget about you. Stu, you’re my oldest and dearest friend. I love you and we will always be best friends. Nothing will change that.” she said quietly, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

They danced with each other for a while longer before Brian came over and asked if he could steal Angie back.

“So, Mr Haner, when do I find out where we’re going on our honeymoon?” she asked as he led her back to the table.

“Well, seeing as we’re a bit limited because you can’t fly, we’re not going far, just to Santa Rosa, but I promise, that once the baby’s born we’ll go away somewhere properly.” He replied.

“Bri, Santa Rosa is fine, really. As long as it’s just you and me together.” she replied lacing her fingers with his, leaning across to kiss his lips.

“I love you Mrs Haner.” He whispered.

“I love you too Mr Haner.” She replied with a smile as she gazed into his chocolate brown eyes, seeing their future together.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End...well apart from the epilogue.
I was going to write a chapter for the bachelor/ bachelorette) party but it just wasn't working.
Anyway, comments would be lovely :)

With this one now finished I have started a new story, Scars, only the summary page is up at the moment, but the Prologue shall be up soon :)

Angie