Secrets

XV

Logan stood there wearing black skinny jeans, black lace-up biker boots, no shirt, and a black leather biker jacket over his bare body. His face, difficult to read, almost looked mad.

“Dude! Get out!” Alex yelled.

“Get up, Alex,” Logan stepped over to the bed and grabbed Alex’s upper arm and yanked him off the bed and into the hallway right outside his room. They started talking some but I couldn’t understand what they were saying so I zipped my jeans up and tip toed to the edge of the door way to listen in on their conversation. “You’re gunna forget about all of this. Got it?” Logan questioned.

“Hah! That’s not happening, Logan. I like Jez and obviously she likes me.” Alex shoved Logan to the other wall. “Now leave so I can continue where I left off,” he slurred.

Logan straightened up and with one quick motion swung his fist into the side of Alex’s face knocking him to the floor. “You. Will not. Touch her. Like that. Ever. Again.”

“That’s up to Jez, now isn’t it?” Alex stood up and stepped back towards his room. “Now, I don’t know why you’re even here so just go home, Logan.”

Logan grabbed Alex’s arm again and slammed him against the wall making a loud thud that made me squeak. I threw my hand over my mouth and watched with wide eyes. Logan quickly glanced over to the doorway and caught my eye and looked back to Alex and got close to his ear, “You touch her like that again and you’ll be more than sorry,” I could barely understand the threat.

I scurried back and sat back on the bed as Logan slipped back into the room, “Uhm…” I wasn’t sure what to say.

“C’mon, Jez, I’m taking you home,” he slipped his arm around my waist and led me out of the house. He walked me over to his motorcycle and helped my on. “Now, I know you’re drunk but can you manage to hold onto me?” he asked putting his helmet on me.

Still shocked by the fact that he was there all I could do was nod in response. The ride home was a blur. I blinked slowly and found Logan, by my side taking off the helmet he had put on me and slipping his arm around my waist to lead me up to my room.

“What are you doing?” I slurred as I watched him stare at me from the doorway.

“You could have got me into a lot of trouble,” he looked down at the floor.

“Huh? How/ Wait, don’t change the subject. What are you doing here?”

“Helping you?! If it weren’t for me then Alex probably would have like raped you. He’s such a horn dog,” he gave a soft smile and held back a tiny chuckle as he thought of his friend. “You’re welcome. Now go to bed, Jez,” he turned to leave.

“Why would you even care?” he stopped as I spoke. “I thought you hated me?” Logan’s body tensed.

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Understand what?”

Logan glanced over his shoulder, “Nothing.”

“Just tell me.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Listen, you go out of your way to avoid me. You practically run away from me so I think you owe me an explanation. Please? Oh, c’mon.”

“Just drop it! You’re so damn stubborn and persistent. You’re just like your freakin brother, you know that?”

“M…m…my brother?” I stuttered.

“I’ve got to go…” Logan started towards the stairs but I jumped up after him.

“No!” I grabbed his arm as he pulled away, making my hand fall into his. I could feel warm tears in my eyes as Logan turned to meet my gaze.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh snapssss!!!!
comment comment comment!!!!
subscribeeee!!!!