Secrets

XVII

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself staring at the ceiling as the memory from the night before flooded my mind. Was it all a dream? It had to be.

Logan. I looked to my side and sure enough there was a slight dent in my bed where another person slept. I rolled into that spot, it was still warm from his presence.

“What the fuck, Logan?!” an angered voice came from somewhere in the house. The room next to mine? Jeremy’s room. “I told you to keep an eye on her, now sleep with her!”

I tip toed towards Jer’s old room and stood just out of view of Logan and the bigger broader figure that was yelling in Logan’s face.

“S…s…she asked me…,” Logan began.

“Don’t blame her Logan! You should know better! I told you not to get close to her until we told her!” I flattened against the wall as the obviously older person paced a little as he thought. “Wait…You didn’t, Logan…”

“Well…,”

“You told her! We agreed not to say anything unless we had to! You know that! We were told to not say anything until Dad got back incase he found a way to keep her from changing!” his voice boomed through the house. “Now my baby sister knows. She isn’t safe. She wasn’t supposed to know what we are! What she is! She was never supposed to know about being a Shifter!” a deep growl emitted from his lips as he leaped for Logan slamming him against the wall. As he did that I got a glimpse of his face. Though it was more sculpted, stronger, and older, I’d know that face anywhere. Jeremy.

I slowly staggered into the room, “Jeremy?” it came out in a whisper.

His body tensed and he let go of Logan who slid to the floor and looked in pain. Unaware of what I was doing, I found myself scurrying to Logan’s side and kneeling on the floor beside him. I looked up at my bother, we hadn’t seen each other almost six years. He bent down and grabbed me in a tight hug, I missed his hugs so much.

I glanced back at Logan as he made a noise that made him sound like he was in pain. I pulled away from Jeremy leaving him confused. I quickly slapped him across his face leaving him even more confused.

“What the hell, Jez?”

I pointed at Logan, “Why did you do that? He didn’t do anything! I asked him to stay with me last night because I didn’t want to be alone because I’m so damn tired of being by myself thanks to you!”

“Jez, I’m so…”

“I wasn’t finished! Another thing, he didn’t tell me shit! All he told me was that he lives with you and Dad and that you guys found him in Alaska. That’s it. So explain to me what exactly it is that you are talking about.”

I bent back down to help Logan up. Jeremy did the same, looking at Logan with sorry apologetic eyes. Then, he looked back at me with the same eyes, “Jez, I’m not sure how to tell you this and I know Dad’s going to have a fit when he finds out you know. It’s going to take some time to explain everything to you. But, baby sis, the thing is, Dad, me, Logan, and you… Well, we’re all Shifters.”
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason i completely hate this chapter because i feel like people will think its all just stupid now >.<

comment and tell me please? "/