If You Seek Amy

Ashley's POV

There was only an hour until school let out, but almost three hours until I could go home. There were four days left until the weekend, but another week and a half until I got my break. It's hard living the life of Ashley Florman. As SGA president, Scholars Bowl captain, Key Club vice-president, youth group leader, D.A.R.E. club officer, number two in my class (by .3 points), and Book Club member, I had many responsibilities and not enough time in the day.

I checked my stack of books to make sure I had everything. AP chemistry book, notebook, folder, and binder. I was ready to go.

The bell would be ringing in about two minutes, but my class wasn't too far away. I rearranged my books and quickly walked in its direction.

The corner where I had to turn was just up ahead. A bathroom was right beside my class, room 122. After setting my stuff on my desk and grabbing a bathroom pass, I half-sprinted to the restroom.

My footsteps slowed to tiptoeing when I heard voices.

"Mm..Amy," a deep voice grunted.

"Shhh!" someone whispered sharply.

"Calm down baby, ain't nobody gonan snitch."

"I almost got caught in here by Mrs. Lowery, so shut up!"

Amy Hayden was at it again. I made a mental note to ask my aspiring psychologist friend if she could possibly be addicted to sex. Zippers clinked as the couple re-dressed, and shoes--mine--slipped into an empty stall. I hoisted myself on the toilet seat and waited until they left to climb down and pee.

Amy Hayden was a girl with a nasty reputation. She was detested by all the girls, but loved by all the guys. Amy had broken up many a cute couple and was known for thist type of behavior. Rumors said she lost her virginity when she was in sixth grade to a high school junior, had slept with boys ages twelve to forty-seven, and was loose...not just in her personality, if you know what I mean.

It was hard to focus in chemistry. I mean, honestly, a school restroom? I'd bring up better bathroom security at the next SGA meeting.

At 3:00, the bell rang and our class clumped out the door and into the hallway. I fought my way to my locker and through the freshmen standing around my locker, trying to look cool for James, star quarterback and my locker neighbor.

I grabbed the books I would need for homework and shut my locker. The Key Club meeting would be held at Tori Moseley's, key club president, house.

Our purpose tonight was to arrange food baskets for a local family whose father had left, the mother was too sick to care, and the eldest daughter was in charge of taking care of the three younger children. I had brought a large grocery sack full of school supplies, snack food, and fun toys and books. I hoped the family would love what we bought and fixed up for them.

Only a few people had shown up, unfortunately. Tori, Annie Pearson, Ryan Whitman, Cassidy Smitherman, and I worked almost silently and diligently to put the baskets together, and we loaded them up in my car.

"Are you sure you don't mind running these by their house?" Cassidy asked.

"It's no problem," I assured her. "Besides, I've missed a few meetings. Just remind me how to get there?"

Cassidy knit her brows. "You'll have to ask Ryan."

He turned when he heard his name, one leg in his car, and the other one on the driveway.

"Oh, do you remember where the old post office was?" he called out.

I nodded and started to picture the directions in my head.

"Turn right, go to the second street on the left, and it's 864 Wilderness Lane. It's a split level brick house."

"Thanks,"I said sweetly. "Bye, you guys!"

I sped off, longing to be at home with my laptop so I could finish my history essay. The house was semi-close to mine, which bathed me in relief.

I turned right at the post office, went straight until I reached the second street, and went to 864 Wilderness Lane. After leaving the baskets on the porch, I rang the doorbell and dashed to my car. I quickly moved out of sight and watched from a few houses down to make sure someone came outside. It was almost three minutes before a curly blonde head poked outside, looked around, and saw the baskets.

Amy Hayden stepped outside.