If You Seek Amy

Malon's POV

She deserved so much more.

It broke my heart to see hormonal boys pawing on such a beauty. They didn't know her like I did.

Amy Hayden and I had been best friends from third grade to eighth grade. I knew which rumors were true and which tears were about what and when she needed someone to talk to. Even when she pushed me away for boys that would satisfy the desires that stemmed from heartbreak, I knew her. Occasionally, I got a glimpse of her clover colored eyes and saw who she was again.

Amy didn't know I loved her. I had since seventh grade. She had never seen true love, except what I tried to give her. Deep inside my heart was a promise to both of us that I would never give up. She had never seen the songs I had written for her, never heard me sing or play them. But now she could.

I sat in my room surrounded by recording equipment, perfecting a mix on my laptop. The CD I would give her held twenty-four songs, all about my love for her. No songs about a girl named Amy were ever nice, but these were. It said nothing about seeking Amy or pronouncing Amy a whore. I called her my world, my princess, my dear Juliet.

I popped in a blank CD when I had everything perfect and began to burn the songs to it. The cover art was a picture of us going to the 7th grade Valentine's Dance--just as friends. I thought about the life I had shared with her and how much longer was left. There were only seven months until May. Now was the time. On the back of the picture, I wrote her a note...