‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Jonas-Weimar Wedding

I stood in the vestibule area waiting for my cue to go in with Nick. This, I knew, was going to be a very weird next couple of hours, particularly with whom the Weimar sisters happened to be marrying. When the cue came, Nick linked his arms with mine and we went in. Upon getting there, Nick took his place along with his older brothers I went to the opposite side. After Frankie and the girls’ cousin, Zoe, came in, the last ones waiting were the Weimar sister and the father. And, since this was the case, the wedding march began playing. It was an alternate version of the traditional wedding march, which, according to the girls, the boys had recorded this specifically for today when they came down the aisle.

The Weimar sister walked in on either side of their father. Betsy came in on her father’s right in a sleeveless white gown made of silk. Her hair was done up in ringlets and she had a lily in her hair. From where I was standing, it looked as if the bouquet she was carrying had lilies and red roses. That was the same bouquet that Amanda was carrying as well. Unlike her younger sister though, Amanda walked in on the left side of her father in a lace gown with long sleeves. Her hair had been done in a French braid and a red rose—much like the ones that were in her bouquet—had been woven into her hair. And, whereas her younger sister was found to be wearing white heels and make-up on her big day, Amanda chose not to, instead going for a more natural look for her wedding than her sister.

Within moments, Weimar sisters and their father came to the alter allowing the boys’ father to begin the ceremony. “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today for a very special union. Two couples have decided that today will be the day that they will join their two families in matrimony. They have overcome their own personal hardships and wish to spend the rest of their lives with each other as husband and wife. Now, who gives these women to these men?” he asked, pointing at Betsy and Amanda as they stood there.

Mr. Weimar stepped forward. “Their mother and I.”

Once Betsy and Amanda were passed over to Joe and Kevin respectively, they ceremony began with a reading by the boys’ father followed by the marriage license getting signed. Since I was one of the witnesses along with Nick to these two unions and I couldn’t exactly lie about who I was on a legally binding document, my name was signed on the marriage license as K. Fox. It was the only thing that I could put down without lying. For both me and my sister’s names beginning with K, I was thankful. That way I could lie and not get caught. Putting down Karleigh was a lie, and putting Kimberleigh down would blow my cover even further than it already was. There was no way that I could risk that though. When I was trying to get to know my parents by taking my sister’s place, there was no way for me to put Kimberleigh without anyone other than Amanda or Betsy finding out.

After the marriage license was signed, the vows began, with the Weimar sisters going first. Betsy was the first to recite her vows. “Thirty-five months ago when you and I broke up, I would have never expected that that today was ever going to come. I never thought that you were ever going to forgive me for what happened all those years ago with the hot guy list. I’m thankful that you did, Joe, particularly when considering the fact that you Jonas boys seem to have an affinity for girls named Amanda. Because of that, I honestly didn’t think that this day was ever going to come, or that I was ever going to get you back. I’m glad I did though because I love you, Joe, and want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Betsy finished her vows and Amanda took over, turning her attention to the Jonas she loved. “Kevin, I can’t even begin to explain to you how much I despised seeing Allison at your side. It tortured me endlessly to know that I was about to lose you. And, if it weren’t for the locket you gave me, I probably would have lost you. Fortunately, I was able to get you back. And, there is no way that I am ever going to let go of you again, not when I’ve dreamt of you non-stop since I met you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, for all of eternity.”

It soon came time for the boys to give their vows, but they instead went to grab their guitars. “There’s no one way,” Joe said, “for either of us to express our feelings for either of you. This is that way.” With that, I knew that the boys were about to play one of their songs. And, unfortunately, for me, I was just going to have to suffer through it since objecting to hearing whatever this song was get played would only reveal my true identity to the others.

They come and go but they don't know
That you are my beautiful
I try to come closer with you
But they all say we won't make it through

But I'll be there forever
You will see that it's better
All our hopes and our dreams will come true
I will not disappoint you
I will be right there for you 'til the end
The end of time
Please be mine

I'm in and out of love with you
Trying to find if it's really true
How can I prove my love
If they all think I'm not good enough

But I'll be there forever
You will see that it's better
All our hopes and our dreams will come true
I will not disappoint you
I will be right there for you 'til the end
The end of time
Please be mine

Can't stop the rain from falling
Can't stop my heart from calling you
It's calling you
Can't stop the rain from falling
Can't stop my heart from calling you
It's calling you
Can't stop the rain from falling
Can't stop my heart from calling you
It's calling you

But I'll be there forever
You will see that it's better
Our hopes and our dreams will come true
I will not disappoint you
I will be right there for you 'til the end
The end of time
Please be mine


The song ended and, after the boys walked back over to rejoin their father and future wives, got ready to exchange rings. As that was occurring, my gaze was averted from the ceremony occurring before me to the pair of people standing at the back of the church. Something was definitely going on with those two. And, from what I could tell, the girls standing back there were up to absolutely no good. I didn’t know what was going on, but I knew that it could be nothing good. Both had an almost evil smirk on their face, like they were plotting something against the Jonas family. I couldn’t really be sure of that though.

I wasn’t able to figure anything out about them though as they slipped out just before the ceremony ended. “Then, by the power vest in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Boys, you may now kiss your respective brides.” After the kiss, both couples turned to face the crowd. “May I now present for the first time of many, Mr. and Mrs. Paul Kevin Jonas II and Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Adam Jonas,” he said.

Everyone filed out of the church and went to get ready for the reception. Since today was Halloween, the newly-minted Jonas sisters that all of their guests should come to the reception in costume. This was what everyone was doing now. And, despite the fact that I only found out about it six hours ago, I would go in costume as well. Evidently, when I looked at the invitation yesterday and discovered that my twin sister was to be attending a wedding, I neglected to look at the back where it was mentioned that the reception was going to be a costumed event. The girls told me of the costume my sister picked: an angel. It was a costume that I was okay with, so long as I didn’t have to wear some cheesy halo with it.

Upon arriving, I found that each of the Jonas boys, the new Jonas wives, and their cousin were the only ones there, all dressed in costume. The boys’ younger brother, Frankie, was dressed as a cowboy while the girls’ cousin was dressed as an Indian. Nick was just in front of his brother dressed in the Devil costume that was to compliment my costume. As for the newlywed couples, Betsy and Joe were dressed as Dorothy and the Scarecrow while Amanda and Kevin were dressed as a princess and a guy in black. How original! I thought. I elbowed Betsy. “What in the world are your sister and new brother-in-law dressed up as? Particularly Kevin. What’s with the costume he’s wearing?” I asked.

Betsy laughed. “I have a feeling that Amanda and I are going to be hearing that all day. Only she and I knew what the costumes were going to be. No one knew. Not Nick. Not Joe. Not Kevin. Hell, not even Karleigh was aware of the costumes that Amanda and I picked. The costumes for me and Joe are obvious, but I can’t exactly say the same for my sister’s and Kevin’s costumes. They’re going as Princess Buttercup and Westley,” she explained.

“Who?” I asked.

“They’re the main characters of Amanda’s favorite movie. And, if you’ve ever seen it, you’d know that, for most of the movie, Westley is dressed in all black, complete with mask. Considering that the movie is called The Princess Bride, I guess it would make sense that my sister would want that to be her costume.” The cue came for me and Nick to head in and greet all of the guests. “You better go,” Betsy told me. “We’ll be in shortly.”

Nick and I entered the reception hall. Coming in on Nick’s arm was not something I wanted to do though. I would rather be anywhere, anywhere but here where I had to deal with a tremendously annoying boy band. “Maid of Honor, Karleigh Mackenzie Fox, escorted by Best Man, Nicholas Jerry Jonas,” the DJ said. Then, while we were going to sit down at the head table, yet another couple was brought in. “Flower Girl, Zoe April Warner escorted by Ring bearer, Franklin Nathaniel Jonas.”

“Karls, you okay?” Nick asked.

I nodded. “Yeah. I’m fine.”

At that moment, the DJ called out again. “And now, one of the two couples you’ve been waiting for. May I present Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Adam Jonas!” Cheers erupted through the room for a few moments before the next couple was brought in. “Now, may I present our second couple: Mr. and Mrs. Paul Kevin Jonas II!” he said as a second wave of applause erupted in the room as they came in. Seeing them so happy, seeing them so exuberant made me think of Nick and what he was going to do once he discovered that Karleigh was dead and that I had taken her place to keep him from worrying.

I sighed. What in the world am I going to do about all of this? Upon thinking about this for a moment, I turned my attention back to the DJ who was still talking. “Betsy and Joe have elected to go first with their first dance with Kevin and Amanda going next. So, here they are with their first dance as a married couple!” the DJ called out.

1, 2
1, 2, 3, 4

Give me more loving than I've ever had
Make it all better when I'm feeling sad
Tell me that I'm special even when I know I'm not
Make it feel good when I hurt so bad

Barely getting mad, I'm so glad I've found you
I love being around you
You make it easy
It's easy as 1, 2
1, 2, 3, 4

There's only 1 thing 2 do
3 words 4 you
(I love you)
I love you
There's only 1 way 2 say
Those 3 words and that's what I'll do
(I love you)
I love you

Give me more loving from the very start
Piece me back together when I fall apart
Tell me things you never even tell your closest friends
Make it feel good when I hurt so bad

Best that I've had, I'm so glad I found you
I love being around you
You make it easy
It's as easy as 1, 2
1, 2, 3, 4

There's only 1 thing 2 do
3 words 4 you
(I love you)
I love you
There's only 1 way 2 say
Those 3 words and that's what I'll do
(I love you)
I love you
(I love you)
I love you

You make it easy
It's easy as 1, 2
1, 2, 3, 4
There's only 1 thing 2 do
3 words 4 you
(I love you)
I love you

There's only 1 way 2 say
Those 3 words and that's what I'll do
(I love you)
I love you
(I love you)
I love you
1, 2, 3, 4
(I love you)
I love you
(I love you)
I love you


After that song played, Betsy and Joe quickly switched place with Amanda and Kevin, so as to give them the opportunity to get the dance they wanted. The song began and they began to dance.

Babe, tomorrow's so far away
There's something I just have to say
I don't think I can hide what I'm feeling inside
Another day, knowing I love you

And I, I'm getting too close again
I don't want to see it end
If I tell you tonight will you turn out the light
And walk away knowing I love you?

I'm going to take you by surprise and make you realize,
Amanda
I'm going to tell you right away, I can't wait another day,
Amanda
I'm going to say it like a man and make you understand
Amanda
I love you

And I feel like today's the day
I'm looking for the words to say
Do you want to be free, are you ready for me
To feel this way
I don't want to lose you

So, it may be too soon, I know
The feeling takes so long to grow
If I tell you today will you turn me away
And let me go?
I don't want to lose you

I'm going to take you by surprise and make you realize,
Amanda
I'm going tell you right away, I can't wait another day,
Amanda
I'm going say it like a man and make you understand
Amanda

You and I
I know that we can't wait
And I swear, I swear it's not a lie girl
Tomorrow may be too late

You, you and I girl
We can share a life together
It's now or never
And tomorrow may be too late
And, feeling the way I do
I don't want to wait my whole life through
To say I'm in love with you


Once the song ended, everyone went back to their seats and got ready for the toasts. Nick was about to get up give his speech when I spotted the same two girls from before. I pulled Nick down. “Not yet. We’ve got a problem,” I explained, pointing over in the girls’ direction.

Nick saw what I was pointing at and stood there frozen in terror for a moment. He then went over to his brothers and new sisters-in-law about what was going on. Amanda and Betsy stood up suddenly and began yelling. “Allison! Zora! What the hell are you doing here?”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the chapter that nearly didn't make it in. The initial draft for this story called for a completely different outcome. Jetsy was always supposed to be married, but not so much Kevanda. That was a last minute change due to an idea I had that was only going to work if Kevin and Amanda got back together.

Songs Used
Please Be Mine- Jonas Brothers
1,2,3,4 - Plain White Ts
Amanda - Boston (This was done purposely)

Comment and subscribe.