Changing Moments

Chapter 13

Allie's POV.

Great, Michael walked in just at that moment. Maybe this wasn't meant to be. He came in and stopped dead in his tracks, with a huge shit eating grin plastered on his face.

" Hi you two." The smile never left his face.

" Hey Mike, how was your night?" I sat up and yawned.

" Good. But the real question is how was YOUR night?" His smile got even bigger, if that was possible.

" I fell asleep."

" Sure, and I'm James Bond."

" Shut up Mike, it's true."

" I'm just kidding with ya Al, I believe you."

" Whatever, I need to go. It's so late." I got up and walked towards the door.

" I'll come with you." David jumped up off the bed and followed me outside.

Lauren's apartment was only a couple blocks down the road so we decided just to walk.

David's POV.

I wish I just knew what to say to her to win her heart. I have no idea and it's really bugging me. Every time I think we're getting somewhere it always ends with me being confused.

" So, you nervous for tomorrows results?" Allie said still sounding tired.

" Ughh I forgot all about that, yeah I am."

" Oh sorry about reminding you, but I know you will be safe."

" I'm not to sure about that."

" You've got to be kidding me, you were amazing!"

" Not amazing enough to bring you over to the rock side."

" I told you a thousand times it will take a miracle for me to fall in love with that."

" I see......." Ouch, was that just a turn down?

" Oh fuck. David you know I was just talking about rock music."

We reached Lauren's apartment doors.

" Were you? Come on, I can handle truth."

" Yes. I was talking about just the music, not about the guy singing it."

" So what you said back there, about being interested in stuff. Are you really interested in that..... stuff?"

" Ye--"

Lauren swung open her door, I hate being cut off like this.

Allie's POV

" Allie! Finally you're here."

" Mmm, here I am."

I turned towards David, he had his hands shoved into his pockets and was kicking some gravel on the ground.

" We'll umm, talk later?"

" Sure, I'll see you at the results."

" Don't stress, I promise you're safe."

" I'll try, cyah Al. Bye Lauren."

" Bye." We both said in unison.

I was actually pretty pissed right now, we were so close to telling each other how we feel and Lauren had to ruin it. I didn't bother to talk to her when I got inside, I said I was to tired so I just went straight to bed.

David's POV.

The next day I had it all planned out, I was going to tell Allie how I felt once and for all. My plan went downhill, we were so busy on the results day I never got a chance to talk to her. I saw her in the crowd sitting with Lauren, out doing her with her beauty once again. That night went fast, like she said I was safe and so was Michael. I was hoping to talk to her after the show but we were rushed into the limo to take off to meet with the guy in charge of our Ford music video shoot.

-----

The week was shitty, none of us had one free moment at all. And once again the time came for another live show. Since I couldn't get the chance to talk to Allie I hoped this song would tell her everything. I chose " Hello" by Lionel Richie, the lyrics and my whole performance was dedicated to her. I stepped out onto the stage with my guitar in hand and stared into her eyes for a moment, she gave me a small smile before the lights went dark.

I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted, and my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you ...

'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying,

Hello, is it me you're looking for?


I caught her gaze one last time and gave a quick motion to come backstage, she caught the message and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)