Changing Moments

Chapter 17

Allie's POV.

The next morning Lauren and I drove to the airport to pick up my parents and sister. I was getting so anxious for David to meet my parents. They will think he's a friend but my mom still tells me her opinions about guys, hopefully she likes him. I watched their flight land and the sliding doors open, all the passengers flooded the entrance. In the middle of the crowd I saw my dad first, he was as very tall man with dark hair. I then saw my mother with her light brown hair holding the hand of my little sister. She was skipping gripping onto her teddy bear in one hand, while the other tuck away a stray curl behind her ear.

" Allie, Lauren!"

" Happy Birthday Mom!" I ran up to her and gave her a hug.

" Thanks honey, I've missed you."

" Aw mom I've missed you too."

I felt a little tug on my pant leg. I looked down to see tiny Callie staring up and me with her shining eyes.

" And of course I've missed you, little cutie."

" Alwee, I missed chu mowa."

She was the most adorable thing ever, the way she talks aways makes me laugh. It's just so darn cute! We greeted each other and talked about the new things happening with us, Lauren was telling my mom how she looked like she was getting younger instead of older. I just rolled my eyes, we just need Michael here to exchange lame jokes with my dad and this would be exactly like old times. But of course I'd add David into the picture, he fits right in.

We drove back to Lauren's apartment where the guys were setting up for the party. I had no idea if they were ready yet so I texted David for the heads up.

Hey handsome. You guys ready?

Well yes we are beautiful.

Okay We're coming up now.


I told my parents in the car that our friend David was coming to the party. She got overly excited, apparently my whole family been rooting for him and Michael on TV. This works out great! I thought as I flew open the door to show my mom her surprise.

" Happy Birthday!" Both David and Michael said throwing confetti into the air.

" Oh Mike. This is so you." My mom said laughing.

" Haven't changed I take it. Happy Birthday Kate." He pulled her into a hug.

David walked up to my parents holding out his hand to introduce himself.

" Hello I'm Da--"

" David Cook. We all vote for you an Michael every Idol show." My mom cut him off.

" Oh really? Well thank-you very much! And happy birthday Mrs. Lewis."

" No need to be so formal, call me Kate." She shook his hand, then my dads after wards.

" Well well. This lil' girl must be Callie." His head looked down onto my little sister as he knelt down to her level. She looked at him and gave him a smile with her two front teeth missing.

" Yup! I am!"

" That's a nice lookin' teddy bear you've got there. What's its name?"

" His name is Fwintone."

" Fwintone?" He looked up at me confused. I knelt down to join them.

" Flinstone." I told him.

" Dats what I said!" Callie took a step forward but then tumbled backwards.

" Woah easy there girl. You don't want to squish Flinstone." David caught her in his arms.

" Chu are funny a funny boy Dayvid." She laughed as she took my moms hand again and walked into the living room

---

The rest of the day went on normally, we all talked and joke and laughed together. We sat down later in the evening to watch some old embarrassing home videos of Michael, Lauren, and I. It worked out really well that David and I were seated on the love seat. I felt his arm creep around my back.

" David, we aren't alone." I whispered.

" Oh right, I just can't keep my hands off you. By the way Michael knows."

" What?!" My whisper grew louder.

" Shh, shh. I didn't tell him, he saw us holding hands last night. He promised not to tell anyone."

" As long as he won't tell. But I trust him."

" Now quiet, I want to watch these videos. They amuse me.!"

" You just need to shut up." I said as I smacked his arm lightly.

David went back to resting his arm on the top of the chair as normal guys would, sometimes he would let his fingers play with the back of my hair without anyone noticing. When the videos ended my mom called me into the kitchen to talk alone.

" So what's up honey?"

" Oh nothing, what's up with you these days?"

" Just keeping an eye on that David fella. He's quite a looker. Are you interested?"

" Um I don't know."

" To early for a relationship? That Travis sure put a toll on you." Travis was my old boyfriend, let's just say he wasn't very pleasant to be around at the least.

" It's just hard to trust guys now mom."

" Honey I know your father and I said we'd kick any guys ass that would hurt you again. But I honestly think David is not that type of guy. Trust him, he'd be good to you."

" You think so?"

" I'm a mom, I know so."

" I'll think about it then." I started to leave out of the kitchen when my mom called out.

" He likes you a lot by the way, I can tell."

" Thanks mom."

----

David's POV.

The party ended a while ago and again I found myself backstage of the Idol studio, nervous as ever. Everyone assured me I was safe but there's still that one doubt in the back of my mind that tells me my time is up. I tried clearing my head by thinking about Allie instead, things were going so well with us. Every time I see her a smile breaks out on my face and doesn't go away. I'm not the one to say I love someone without knowing them for a while but I can for sure say I'm falling for her, I hope it's the same on the other end. I created a plan in my head to finish what we started yesterday, after the show I planned on just taking her outside and kiss her right there. Without even saying a word, I just want this, I just want her.