Changing Moments

Chapter 2

It was about 4 days into Hollywood week for Mike, and he called every night. He told me about how the judges loved him, and he was having the time of his life. I was so happy when he said that I could come down on his day off to spend it with him.

" ALLIE!!" He yelled as I walked through the doors of the airport.

" MICHAEL!!" We did a slow motion run towards each other until we realized people were watching, then we just laughed.

" It's been way to long!"

" Stop being a drama queen Mike, it was only 4 days!" I joked.

" I know, I know! Oh I got some kind of bad news"

" What is it?" I asked.

" We really don't have a day off. I'm not aloud to leave the theater because we have some last minute judging. I had to plead them to let me come pick you up." He stuck his bottom lip out in a pout.

" I wouldn't call that bad news! I would love to hear you sing and see everyone you've made friends with."

" I knew you would be okay with it! Let's go." Mike said taking my bags for me.

Once we got to the Kodak Theater Michael promised he would take me on a tour. The place was huge, I couldn't believe it! As we were walking we passed many other contestants and I always asked who they were. He would laugh at my questions but seemed to know everyones name. We finished walking around when we came back into the stage area. I looked around the stage when something caught my eye.

They were sitting on the edge of the stage with their legs hanging off the side, strumming lightly at a guitar. "He's gorgeous." I thought as we took a seat.

" Mike, who's that?" I tried to say in the same way as all the other questions I asked, but it came out all jumbled.

" That is David Cook."

I swallowed hard. " Oh."

" You ask to many questions." Michael said laughing at me.

" Maybe..."

I don't even remember the rest of our conversation. I was to busy watching this David Cook play his guitar and sing quietly. He must have felt my gaze on him because he looked up from his music sheet and his eyes locked with mine. I quickly shot my eyes to the ground hoping he didn't actually see me. I was afraid to look back up, thinking he would still be watching me. So I turned my attention back to Mike.

" So what do you think." Michael asked.

" Oh uh.... good? " I had no idea what he even asked.

" You hate it don't you, I knew picking Bohemian Rhapsody was a bad idea." His hands flew in the air with frustration.

" Oh my gosh! I'm sorry, I didn't hear you! That is the perfect song choice for you!" I really did feel bad for not paying attention.

"Al? Is something on your mind?" He asked with a curious face.

Shit he knows me to well. I thought

" No, no it's nothing." I fake smiled at him.

" Whatever you say , freak."

I watched Michaels eyes scan across the room then he chuckled to himself quietly.