Changing Moments

Chapter 20

Later that night.

Allie's POV.

I swear to God. If Lauren doesn't stop talking about David in about.. hmm 3 seconds I'm gonna lose it. She has been going on and on ever since we left Michael's elimination dinner. Speaking of Mike, he better hurry up and finish packing his things so he can get his ass over here before I beat this woman over the head.

" Yeah and did I mention how David is suchhhh a good kisser?" That was the last straw.

" Lauren you know what?! I---" Thank god for my phone ringing, I was just about to explode.

" Hello?"

" Hey Al." Michael's Australian accent flowed through into my ear.

" Michael where are you?"

" Bad news. Well sort of good news at the same time. I'm going to back home instead of staying at Laurens, I hope you understand. I've just barely seen my wife at all these day."

" That's okay, I can deal... hopefully."

" Just take a deep breath whenever you feel the need to hit someone, haha alright Al?"

" Your advice just keeps getting better Mike. I'll remember that, well I will talk to you later?"

" You know it, it will probably be every night. I need to hear the gossip going on."

" Okay well talk to you then."

" Cyah best friend."

" Bye."

Lauren finally calmed down a little, she was still all smiles though when we got home. I love how she thinks that kiss she had was amazing, little does she know what a real David Cook kiss feels like. You feel like you're going to fall backwards but you have his strong arms to support you, it's just... gahh. My point of this ramble is that she is completely clueless.

" Allie? You're mom just called." Lauren said throwing me the phone.

" What did she want?"

" She just told me to call you, that's all."

" Oh.. okay. Thanks."

" No problem, I'm going to bed though. See you in the morning."

---

I could hardly even take what my mom had told me. I tried to argue with her but all she said before she hung up was " you're coming home tomorrow." How could she do that? I know she has no idea about my relationship with David but when I tried to tell her she didn't listen. I guess since Michael has been eliminated there is no point for me to be staying up here. I had to tell David.

" Hey sweetheart." That was the good thing about David, he was always awake when I needed to talk to him.

" Sorry it's late. I just need to tell you something."

" Don't worry about the time, what do you need?"

" David I-I.....I'm going home." The line was silent.

" It's not my choice my mom wants me to. I'm sorry."

" Are you ever going to come back?" I could already hear the sadness in his voice.

" For the finale yes."

" Then?"

" Back home."

" Oh...."

" Can we still.. you know. Be a couple? If you don't believe in long distance relationships I understand."

" No I don't believe in them. But I believe in us, as I told you I never want to lose you. We can make it through this."

" Thank god. You had me scared there for a minute!"

" Sorry, when are you leaving?"

" Tomorrow morning."

" Damn. I have idol stuff to do."

" David don't worry about it, please. You go ahead and win this sucker, I have your email remember. I'll use long distance minutes if I have to."

" I don't want you using all your minutes on me, only if you promise to email me every single day."

" I promise! Well I better let you sleep, I'm so sorry again. Bye."

" Have a safe flight, I'll miss you so much."

I let the phone fall to the ground, why did this have to happen? I feel bad for David, I'm leaving him all alone with Lauren. Shit.