Changing Moments

Chapter 4

So Mike picked out a little restaurant club sort of thing to go to. That was typical Michael, always wanted a party.

" Ladies first" David said as he held the door open for me.

" Same for you Mike."

" Har har your a funny one Cook." Michael said as he walked in after me.

Inside the restaurant was dance floor crowded with people, a little bar, and a couple of tables scattered around the place. We took a seat at one of the tables at the far end of the room right next to the bar.

" So Allie, how long are you in town for?" David asked.

I tried to avoid eye contact so I wouldn't end up just stupidly staring at him.

" Oh uh I think I am going home tonight, not sure though." I said fiddling with one of the cups on the table.

" Al, man stay! You can crash in my room for tonight."

" I don't know......"

Allie seriously get a grip. I obviously want to stay to support Mike like I was going to do in the first place, but this David guy has got me all confused. I mean I have only known him for a couple hours and he takes my breath away. I am just going to forget about him, he can't like me anyways.... can he?

Michael was giving me his famous puppy dog pout.

"Pwetty pwetty pwease Allie." He said in a baby voice.

I gave him a punch in the arm.

" Fine, I'll stay."

" Good"

After we ate Michael seemed a little buzzed by all he was drinking. When he gets this way you CAN NOT stop him from talking, it's like he's on hyper speed.

" Allie remember that time, t-t-hat we went fishing when we were little? And-and I pushed you in the water? And you were all MIKEEE I HATE YOU. Remember that?" Mike said in about 2 seconds.

I saw David laugh and take another drink of his beer.

" Don't you get drunk, I'm not looking after two guys tonight." I said shyly to David, still avoiding eye contact.

" I'll be fine, this is my last one. Promise."

I looked up quickly and smiled at him, then directed my eyes back to the table.

" OKAY. Guys, I'm going to find someone that wants to dance with a sexy Australian. Peace." Michael said before disappearing into the dance floor.

Shit Michael why did you have to leave? This is so awkward now, I am going to make a fool of myself.

" So.. is that your natural hair color or did you dye it?"

He's good at coming up with conversations. Must have wondered though, I get a lot of questions about my hair. It is a really dark black so it looks dyed.

" Natural. I might lighten or something, to much black." I said looking down still.

" I wouldn't, if you don't mind me saying. I think it's different."

Different is bad... now for sure I'm lightening it.

He must have caught on to my confused look.

" Different as in very pretty."

I tried to cover my blush that was burning through my cheeks.

" Thanks."

" Are you alright? I mean I'm not trying to be nosy or anything but you have barely looked at me all night."

I'm not just going to tell you that whenever I look into your eyes I can't breath, and I forget how to function properly.

" I guess I'm just shy, don't be offended. Trust me nothing is wrong with you."

" You know, you really don't have to be shy around me. I don't bite... much."

I quietly laughed and decided to look up for more then a second. His eyes met mine and again my every will to move was gone. This has never happened to me before, but I liked it.

Thank god that Michael stumbled over or else I would have just been staring at him forever.

" Common Dave, I've got some ladies that want to dance with you." Mike slurred.

" Oh boy, Mike we need to go home look at you! You have results in the morning."

" You're just jealous that all the women want a piece of cookie."

" Allie is right, we do need to get up early tomorrow. I think we should go."

David and I had to drag Michael away from that place and get him to the hotel. Once we got him lied down in the bed I walked over to the computer to check my emails. I only got to deleting 2 of my junk mails when I felt hot breath in my ear that made me jump a little.

" What'chaa doing?" David asked pulling up a chair behind me.

" Jeez Dave, you scared me."

" That was the plan." He said with a childish grin on his face.

I sighed feeling a little tired and stressed from this whole day.

" Long day huh?" He asked

Am I really that easy to read? I wondered.

" Mmm I think I'm still just a little jet legged from the plane."

Talking to him this way was easy, he was behind me so I didn't need to look into his eyes.

" My back is always sore after long flights." He said resting his chin on the back of my chair.

" It's my shoulders that get all tense for me." I said.

" Are they still like that?"

" A bit, yeah."

He didn't say anything for a minute so I went back to checking my emails. Again, nothing accomplished from that because right when I clicked on one I felt his hands on my shoulders gently massaging them.

" Is that better?" He asked still rubbing my shoulders.

I couldn't help but lean back and melt into his touch. I tried my hardest not to, but it happens.

" Much better. Thanks."

" So what time are you leaving tomorrow?" David asked in the voice that I decided was husky.

" The only flight out is early." I said swallowing hard after each word.

" Oh.. When is the next time you will be down?" He sounded disappointed.

" Well when you guys move into the apartments I am going to stay at my old roommates house for the rest of the competition."

This is so hard to talk to him, did I mention he is still massaging my shoulders?

" I bet Michael is super excited about that."

" Oh yeah, he wants me to make signs and everything."

" Sounds like him. Well.. did you want to stay in touch until then?"

There goes my breath, he stole it.

" Oh uh.. sure."

" Here I'll write my email down for you." He left one hand on my shoulder and he reached the other to grab a piece of paper. His arm brushed gently against mine as he wrote down his email and handed it me.

" Thanks."

" Well I should go get some sleep, if I don't see you tomorrow.... I'll email you. Okay?"

" Mmmhm. Cy ah." I said shyly again.

This was officially one of my best days..... ever!