Changing Moments

Chapter 5

After I got over the shock of what happened last night I checked on Michael one last time, then went to the guest room to go to bed.

Beep, Beep, Beep.

Ugh is it really 6am already? I said rubbing my eyes.

My plane flight out was at 6:45 so I had to get ready fast. I quickly jumped in the shower, but a few minutes after I was in there I heard a knock on the door. I thought it was probably Michael wondering where he was. Haha! I laughed at my little joke then stepped out of the shower.

If it was Michael he wouldn't mind if I took a few extra seconds to at least put some clothes on. So I grabbed some sweat pants and a tank top and put them on as I squeezed the extra water out of my hair and threw the towel on the ground. When I went to open my door no one was there.

Huh? I thought as I looked down to where Michael was and saw him sitting up in bed rubbing his head. That's when I realized the knock was coming from the main door. I hesitated a little when I knew who would be on the other side of the door.

Great, I wasn't planning on sporting the sweats look to David for a while. Or actually never.

I reached my shaky hand out to turn the door knob.

" Good morning" David said sounding cheery.

" Morning"

" Thought I would come by to help you hurry Mr. Party here along."

I giggled a little.Giggle, are you serious Allie?! Keep it together.

" I just got up so I really don't know how he is."

" Guys I'm fine."

We looked behind us to see Michael was up out of bed.

" That's good, I was worried for a while. Do you think you can drive me to the airport, my flight leaves soon." I said looking at the clock on the wall.

He sighed." It's that time already? Sorry Hun I don't think so, but I'm sure Cook would drive you."

I froze.

" Oh okay. Well come here and give me a hug goodbye at least." I said pulling Michael into a quick hug.

" I'll see you in a couple weeks." Mike said before David and I walked out the door.

It was a silent walk to his car. When we got there he opened the passenger door for me.

" Thanks" I said quietly as I hopped in.

" Want to listen to some tunes?" He asked once he got inside.

" Sure."

" What's your favorite genre?"

" Oh uh I sort of like country, but listen to what you want to."

He flicked on the radio and the song Amazed by Lonestar came on. What a perfect song to come on, as if I wasn't freaking out enough.

" No country is cool with me. But you will be a fan of rock after this show is over."

" Why do you think that?" I asked

" Oh I just have a feeling." I looked over at him just in time for the most sexiest wink iv ever seen was given to me.

The time it took to get to the airport after that came in no time at all. We actually had a nice conversation without me jumbling up words.

We got inside just in time for my flight.

" Sooooo...looks like you have to go..?" He asked in more of a question.

" Yeah.. I guess I do." I turned to him to get my bags, but to my surprise he had his arms stretched out wide for a hug. I looked at him for a minute and couldn't help but laugh at his little dorky eye brow raise he was giving me.

He pulled me into a friendly hug. And boy I thought that hand shake was hot this was more like quote Randy Jackson for a minute " Molten hot lava bomb!"

" Let me know when you get home safe. Alright?" He whispered into my ear.

" Mhhm I will, as long as you tell Michael to call me tonight."

" Will do. Now you better get going before that plane leave without you." He said handing me my bags.

" If it knows what's best it won't. Bye!" I called back.

I saw him laugh as I entered the waiting room.

---

The plane ride was exhausting, it was about noon when I got to my apartment. I was just about to get ready for a little nap when I thought that maybe I should let David know I made it home.

Well I guess I could take a nap first. No, Allie you promised this man you would and you're not just going to blow him off.

So I turned on my computer and took Davids email out of my bag. I didn't really know what to write so I just tried to keep it simple.

Hey,

So my long horrible boring flight just got in a couple minutes ago, just letting you know I made it home. (Barely.) The plane had " engine issues" so I kinda freaked out for a while, but they managed to keep everything together while we were in the air. Hahah well talk to you later... if you're not busy I mean. Okay well bye.

Allie.


There now for the nap I most defiantly deserve!