I Don't Want You Back

Just let me forget.

We both sat on our luggage bags, in the small room. “Are you sure you want to do this?” Haylen asked me. “I think you’re just jumping the gun with this whole vacation.” She added after. “I think I’m jumping the gun on this vacation too. And there’s nothing wrong with it.” I replied, and dragged my suitcase to the front door. Haylen was setting the alarm clock for 3 in the morning, which was the time we’d have to get up at, in order to make it to the airport.

My cell vibrated on the table and made a loud noise. “It sound like it’s angry.” Haylen smiled, and handed me my cell. “Probably, because I’ve dropped it so many times.” I opened my cell, and there was a text message from an unknown number. I clicked open message. “Hey Hailey, I’m so glad you’re coming on vacation with us again. I’ll promise to spend more time with you this time. LOL” I read out loud for Haylen to hear.

Of course my first thoughts were “It’s Tom!” But after a few seconds, I got some sense knocked into me. I text-ed back, asking who it was. Haylen and I waited for the cell to vibrate again, staring at each other from opposite ends of the couch. I heard a loud “brrrrz” noise, and picked up my cell. I began reading aloud again. “It’s Gustav silly. Who did you think it was?”

I stopped reading. Of course he knew I thought it was Tom. I smiled, and began texting him back.

The day went by too slow for Haylen and I. We pretty much spent the day watching movies, and looking at photo albums. Exciting, right?

Slowly, the day turned to night. Haylen and I slept in the basement, because we were very hot in upstairs. We talked all night, and text-ed Bill & Gustav. Bill repeatedly told Haylen he loved her, and Gustav and I found other ways to keep our excitement down. We played 20 questions, would you rather and all those types of games, until Gustav fell asleep, and stopped texting.

I threw my cell across the room and onto the lounger, and fell asleep on top of the blankets on the hard floor.

That night I had a few crazy dreams. One of them was pretty much a recap of what happened in NY, on spring break 4 years ago. A few things were changed, though. It didn’t appear to be NY, but California.

“Please – Just one more chance.” Were the words I woke up to, in my dream. I wanted to start crying right then and there. I wanted to forget what happened in New York, but when I keep having re-occurring dreams such as these, it makes it hard.

Haylen half smiled at me. “Are you good?”
“Yeah, I’m fantastic.” I said, trying to sound as I said.

“Well, good. Because guess what!” She said, smiling fully, now.
“We’re leaving for MEXICO TODAY!” She said, jumping up and down, clapping her hands.
I smiled, and I stared out at ... nothing. Maybe I had jumped the gun on this one, and it wasn’t a good thing. Well, it’s too late to cancel plans now.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?
Subscribe?
Pleease?