Soldier on the Corner

Chapter Two

The first of my senses to come back to me was sound. I could hear a deep voice above me speaking a language i didn't comprehand. Than another voice that felt strangely familiar in a sub-conscience way. Then I saw those eyes of his as they were boaring into me.

"Are you alright miss?"

"Yes, I....," I forgot my train of thought.

"Are you able to stand? You took quite a fall."

"Really?"
"you don't remember? I believe you walked into someone but they weren't hurt, than you blacked out after you fell."

"oh"

" My name is Emery, and this is Hans"

"I'm Lena"
He helped me as I tried to stand up. My feet were a little off but I felt okay. I told them I must hurry to the store.

I couldn't recall why his voice, Emery's voice, was familiar to me. I put it to the back of my mind. I had never heard his voice before, so why would I think I had? The rest of the walk I had made sure I was paying attention to where I was going since I didn't want to fall again.

It seemed as if the streets were so empty which is so unlike this neighborhood to be.
I went into the store afraid I would be taken by the silence of the houses. A lot of items where gone but I saw exactly what I needed and rushed to get it right away before anyone else could buy it before me. I payed the clerk what I owed him and left.

On the way home I took the long route to insure I wouldn't have to see Emery and Hans.
It was nice because I haven't been to that part of the city in a while. It seems that even as the nazis do what they want, terrorize people and watch us like we are all criminals, nature still takes its course. The trees still have green leaves as usually this time of year and the flowers are just at their peak of blooming almost ready to wither away and die.

I wonder if where Anna and Sara are there are flowers too. And if when they look at them they think of me also. I hope so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's night time and all I can think about are reruns of my fall, and Emery introducing himself like a human being would and not like a german soldier would.

Tomorrow I will see him again and hopefully I won't act as foolish as I have today.
Goodnight for now as I say my prayers for Anna, Sara and their families.
♠ ♠ ♠
It wasn't as good as i wanted it to be but for now it will have to do..... sorry it's so short please comment it makes me happy =]