I'm Not a Princess

Nine

And the door swings open.

Avery blinks, finding a short Chinese girl dressed.... very odd.... flings the door open, looking very much out of breath. Her eyes widen beneath her round reading glasses in surprise. "Hi!" She quips. "I'm Dani-ella, come on in. Avery, right?"

Avery shifts feet, still grasping her bags. "Um, yeah. Hi... thanks," she adds softly, stepping in and looking around.

"So... yeah. The place," Dani shrugs, also looking around the room.

To the left is the small tiled kitchen, with a few counters and all the necessities. To the right stands a funky looking table and four bright red chairs with orange cushions. Avery raises her eyebrow at them, but moves her head and keeps looking.

And the big living/family room, often called a den. There's a TV against the wall, and a large blue couch facing it. Between them lie plenty of rainbow pillows and two beanbag chairs. On top of the TV stands a bunch of... smurfs?

There's a bookcase in the corner, half filled with movies, a third of CD's, and the last third with books. Around there and the television against the wall, the rest of the wall is covered in clippings of newspaper, notebooks, photographs, Polaroids... many random things.

"Wow," Avery mumbles.

Dani grins. "Yeah, that's usually the result I'm looking for. There's a Chinese stone dragon on it's way that'll sit next to the window seat," she adds, pointing to a window seat with several blankets on it.

Avery manages a nod.

"So, I guess you read the newspaper?" Dani asks, offering Avery a chair.

Avery gives another shy nod.

Dani cups her heart-shaped face in two hands. "Good to know. So.... how old are you?" She suddenly asks. "There's no way you're a day over nineteen, I know that." She cocks her head, leaning forward curiously.

Avery opens her mouth but no sound comes out.
♠ ♠ ♠
her very odd outfit

soooooo yeah. Met Dani. hope you like her.