Backstage

Chapter 25

Sami took off out of the room and found herself pounding on Mike and Tre’s door. Tre opened it.

“Well hello Sami! Is there a reason you are pounding on our door and eleven at night? ” he asked cheerily. It was eleven but Sami didn’t care.

“Where’s Billie?! I need to see Billie!” Sami demanded. “Whoa…I knew you were going to get feelings for him but he’s married. I mean he is fine but…” Sami cut him off.

“I don’t have those kind of feelings for him Tre, and you know that as well as I do. Sorry about being all angry but I need to see him,” Sami said trying to be as calm as she could. Tre laughed.

“I know. I just like messing with you. He’s in the bathroom, come in,” Tre said as he stepped aside.

“Thanks Tre,” Sami said as she stepped inside. Mike was sitting on the couch.

“Hey Sami, what’s up?” he said as he stood up to give her a hug.

“Hey Mike,” she said hugging him back.

The bathroom door opened and Billie stepped out.

“Hey Sami,” he said.

“Whoa, Bill. XYZ,” Mike said with a laugh.

“Wha-Oh! Sorry,” he said blushing. He turned away and zipped up his pants. “What brings you here?” he asked.

“You,” she said coolly.

“I knew it! You do like him! HA!” Tre said from the door.

“Shut up, Tre,” Billie and Sami said in unison. “I actually came over
to ask why you wanted us to bring our instruments,” Sami said as she sat on the couch.

“Oh well that’s a surprise,” Billie said with a smile as he leaned against the wall.

“I don’t like surprises."

“Too bad."

“Ok just tell me now, any one of you can do it. You are going to make us play at your concert, aren’t you!” Sami snapped. The room was quiet for a few seconds. Finally Billie spoke.

“Surprise.”

Sami sat on the couch in utter shock.

“B-Billie…Mike…Tre…”she finally said.

“Yeah?” Mike said from his spot next to her.

“I hate you,” she said putting her head in her hands and groaning.

“Oh come on! It’ll be fun!” Billie said coming over and sitting down next to her. Tre sat on the coffee table in front of them.

“B-But we haven’t played live in years,” she said sitting back against the couch.

“That’s ok. You’ve played for us before,” Tre said.

“Yeah, like a billion years ago,” Sami said. Billie put his hand over his heart and looked hurt.

“We aren’t THAT old,” he said. Sami smiled.

“Should we call your band and tell them the good news?” Mike said with a laugh. Sami nodded.

“I’ll tell them. I’m bringing them back here though so they can kill you themselves,” Sami said looking back at them.

“Looking forward to it,” Tre said taking her spot on the couch.

Sami walked into her room. Nikky sat there looking dazed, still biting on her lip. She looked up and saw Sami standing in the door. Nikky gave her a look as if to say ‘Well? What happened?’ Sami looked at her and nodded.

“Crap,” Nikky breathed. Katie walked in right behind her. She saw the looks on both of her friend’s faces.

“Oh God, what happened?” Katie asked.

“Green Day happened,” Nikky said.

“Green Day with the opening of Whiplash,” Sami finished. There was silence through out the room.

“I missed something big didn’t I?” Katie asked. They both nodded. “Ok…let’s go beat them up,” Katie said stepping out of the room again followed closely by Nikky and Sami.

“Why *smack* did *smack* you *thud* do *oof* that?!” Katie said. Mike sat on the ground covered in feathers. Katie had been smacking every one of them
with a pillow.

“W- We thought that you…HAHA!!...would be happy…S-STOP!” Billie said. Sami had been tickling him violently so that he could barely breathe.

“NO!”she snapped still tickling him. Nikky had Tre pinned down to the couch.

“You know, this isn’t hurting me in anyway. I like it,” he said with a smile.

“Eww!” Nikky shrieked. She jumped off of Tre.

“Ha! I knew you’d get off,” he said rubbing his wrists where Nikky had
pinned him down. “Now I want you though,” he said. Nikky screamed and ran around the room trying to get away from Tre.

“O-OK! I-I’M SORRY! HAHA!! G-GET OFF!!” Billie panted as he writhed under Sami’s grasp. She stopped.

“Can you get us off of your opening act?” Sami said. Billie was clutching his sides.

“No, it’s too late. Sorry, you’re just going to have to play,” he groaned. Sami sighed and got off of him. Katie stopped the pillow fight that had started between her and Mike. Tre had Nikky slung over his shoulder.

“So, we came over here for nothing?” Sami asked. Billie nodded.

“Pretty much.”

“What do you mean ‘nothing’? Do you see what I have?!” Tre said pointing to Nikky.

“Yes, you have a married woman,” Nikky said with a laugh.

“Ah yes, but the married woman’s husband is all the way in San Francisco,” Tre defended.

“No, Tre,” Nikky declared. Tre grumbled and set her down. Nikky kissed him on the cheek. “Don’t worry Tre, someday.” Tre plopped down on the couch.

“I wanted a later tonight but I’ll be ok with a someday.” Sami looked at Billie.

“Why did you sign us up?” she asked. Billie smiled.

“I listened you your CD after you changed your name. I thought it rocked.”

“Wow, Billie Joe Armstrong thought our album rocked guys, we must be REALLY good,” Sami said to Nikky and Katie. Katie had started the pillow fight with Mike.

“Don’t break your arms again Mike,” Billie said.

“God, why am I always the one who is told not to get hurt again?” Mike asked angrily.

“Because you’re the one always getting hurt in the first place,” Billie said.

“Other wise known as a klutz,” Sami finished. Mike stuck his tongue out like a five year old and it was quickly covered in feathers, as was the whole side of the room. Mike turned slowly
towards Katie, his mouth full of feathers.

“Oops,” she said laughing. Mike spit them all out into her face.

“Where’s Adie?” Billie asked.

“I think she’s with the kids. Let’s get her down here,” Sami said. Billie walked over to the phone and dialed the number for the room two doors down.

“Lazy are we?” Sami said as feathers flew over head for Katie and Mike had started
another round of pillow fights. Billie crossed his eyes and stuck out his tongue making a stupid face.

“Hey Joey, is your mom there?” Billie said into the receiver. His face fell. “Oh ok. Alright well tell her that I’m going to sleep here tonight ok?...Ok. Love you too buddy. Night.” He hung up. “She just got in the shower. And she takes long showers. Oh well, just the bands tonight I guess,” he said with a shrug as he sat back down on the floor. Sami looked around at the
group. Mike and Katie were still whacking each other with almost empty pillows and Nikky and Tre were trying to blow spit bubbles off of their tongue.

Talk about fun.