Backstage

Chapter 31

“I…I really don’t know,” Sami said, sliding down the wall and sitting down. Billie shrugged.

“Who would? You have Mike and Tre and Jason and…Jason and Robbie. You barely know Jason Freeze and Robbie though. And you don’t know Jason White that well either. So Tre or Mike would be your best bet.” Sami nodded as Billie sat down next to her. “So…” Billie said with a smile.

“So what?” Sami asked.

“Did you want it to be me?” Billie said giving her a sexy smile. Sami rolled her eyes and shoved him.

“You’re so full of yourself.” Someone walked out side and started looking around. It was Adrienne. She spotted Billie and Sami sitting on the floor.

“Hey guys…what are you doing out here?” she asked confused. Billie shrugged.

“Talking,” he said. Adrienne looked at them and shrugged.

“Whatever. Come on. We either leave now or wait another three hours for the crazy teens to leave.” Billie nodded and stood up, quickly followed by Sami. Billie went to Adrienne and gave her a kiss. “Get off of me you smelly sweaty man,” Adrienne said with a laugh. Billie took a deep breath.

“Yes, that is the smell of a concert well done.” Sami laughed at them and walked back to the stage so they could grab their stuff.

As they were leaving, there were the teens who had waited for them to come out. The guys signed autographs and Sami, Nikky, Katie, Adie and the kids watched.

“SAMI! KATIE! NIKKY!” someone yelled. Sami looked and saw a girl screaming their name. Sami smiled and waved. “Sami?! Can you sign this?!” a girl said from behind the fence.

“Uh…s-sure, “she said, dumbstruck. Katie and Nikky got the same calls. People actually wanted them to sign their things. Billie saw Sami as she signed a girl’s shirt. He finished signing the CD and walked over to them. The girl almost fainted.

“Hi,” Billie said to her.

“H-Hi…” the girl said.

“Billie, don’t kill her,” Sami said as she finished signing the shirt.

“Th-Thanks,” she said. The girl turned to Billie. “C-Can you sign it too?” she asked hopefully. Billie smiled.

“Sure,” he said. After he signed it, the girl smiled and walked over to her friends. After a few seconds, the girl yelled, “I LOVE YOU BILLIE JOE!” and they all ran away. Billie shook his head and laughed.

“Yup Billie, the days in high school when you couldn’t get a date are over. Now, the high school students love you…too bad they’re a little young for you,” Mike said as he walked by. Billie's face twisted to a frown.

"Shut up, Mike."

After a few more minutes, they were getting ready to leave, until…

“Y-You met my Uncle?” Billie turned around and saw the guitar player he had picked out of the crowd. He smiled.

“Yeah, I did.” She stared at him, the guitar slung across her back. “He told me that you liked Dookie,” he said. She smiled and nodded.

“It’s one of my favorites. I don’t really have a favorite…I just love all of your music. My friend and I always say that you are the ONLY band that has no bad songs. We can’t decide which one’s are our favorite… I’m babbling,” she blushed. Billie laughed.

“No, it’s fine,” Billie said.

“Billie, who ya talking…” Tre asked. He saw the guitar strapped around the girl’s shoulders. “Hey, it’s the guitar player!” he said. Jody smiled and nodded.

“Umm…can…can you guy’s sign this?” she asked, swinging the guitar around so that the front was showing.

“Yeah, absolutely,” Billie said. He signed the black guitar and so did Tre. “Hey, Mike!” Billie called. Mike turned around and saw Billie and Tre motioning for him to come over. He finished what he was signing and headed over to his friends.

“What’s up?” Mike asked. He saw the girl with the guitar in her hands. “Hey, it’s the guitar girl!” Mike said happily. She stared at him, her jaw hanging open.

“M-M-Mike D-D-Dirnt!” she stuttered. Mike smiled and nodded. “C-Can you sign this!?” she asked excitedly.

“Of course,” he said. He signed the guitar and smiled at her. “Thank you…Thank you so much! This is the happiest day of my life,” she said in awe as she looked staryeyed down at teh signed guitar.

“Jody! We have to go!” someone called. “My mom and my uncle are taking me home. Sorry...I love you guys…I LOVE YOU MIKE!” she said before she ran away.

“Hmm…Mike I think she might have liked you,” Tre said.

“Really? Didn’t notice,” Mike said sarcastically.

After another hour of being pleaded to sign things, the group finally left.

“So exhausted…Need sleep...” Tre said as he slid down on the couch and laid his head on Nikky’s shoulder.

“Then go to bed,” Mike said, whacking him with a pillow.

“What’s with you and pillows!” Tre said spitting out a piece of fuzz. “They’re soft and squishy,” Mike said as he looked down at the pillow, acting as if he were amazed by it’s existence.

“Loser,” Tre said laying his head back down on Nikky’s shoulder. Nikky slid him over so that he wasn’t laying on her. “Hey! You have a soft shoulder! Don’t go shoving me off of it,” Tre said acting hurt. Nikky laughed at him. “What? You didn’t like my present before the show?” Tre said with a mischievous smile. Nikky looked confused.

“What present?”