Backstage

Chapter 32

“What do you mean, ‘What present?’” Tre asked nervously. No one else was listening to their conversation. They were talking about something else that Tre couldn’t focus on.

“I mean, what the heck are you talking about when I said ‘What present?’” Nikky said.

“Holy mother of God!” Tre yelled. That got everyone’s attention.

“Tre, what was that for?” Billie asked.

“Nothing…Just…saw a…horse,” Tre lied. Yes it was a stupid lie but it was the first thing that popped into his head. Billie gave him a funny look and told him to go to bed. Tre nodded and left the room after saying goodnight to everyone.

He walked to his room and climbed into bed.

“So if I didn’t kiss Nikky…Who did I kiss?” Tre said into his pillow.

“It wasn’t me, that’s for sure,” Billie said mostly to Adrienne who looked like she was about to smack him. Sami had just told them all about the kiss. Mike nodded.

“I didn’t do it Sami, maybe it was Frank over there,” he said with a laugh.

“Yeah, Frank Edwin Wright III,” Katie said with a laugh. They all busted up laughing.

“I mean, it could have been Tre. I know that Jason thinks you’re hot, too,” Adrienne said. Sami laughed.

“Jason White?” she asked. Adrienne stared laughing.

“Yeah.” Nikky was trying to think of what Tre was talking about before he left. And then it clicked.

“OH MY GOD IT WAS TRE!” she yelled. Sami turned to look at her.

“How do you know?” she asked. Nikky explained what Tre had said before he left. Sami nodded. “Makes sense,” she said. And then Sami gave Nikky an evil look.

Hello? Nikky! You are married! You can’t go running around kissing Tre Cool!” she said. Nikky blushed.

“So I kinda like him. It’s just a crush. I still love John.” Katie and Sami both looked at her and then shook her head. Nikky glared. “I,” she declared as she stood up. “Am going to bed. Night guys." Everyone waved as Nikky walked towards the door. Before she closed it behind herself, Sami yelled, “YOU’RE FALLING FAST AND YOU BETTER CATCH YOURSELF!”

“Oh shut up!” Nikky snapped.

Tre’s room

“Tre! Wake up!” someone yelled as they whacked him with a pillow.

“MIKE! WHAT IS WITH YOU AND PILLOWS?!” Tre screamed, pulling the covers over his head. Mike laughed.

“I believe I answered that question last night.” He whacked him again. Tre jumped out of bed to attack Mike. Mike laughed. “Good, you’re up. Billie and I want to talk to you now,” Mike said throwing Tre a shirt off the foot of the bed. Tre caught it and slipped in on.

“Why?” he asked as he pulled on his jeans. Mike just shoved him out the door. Billie was sitting on the couch, picking at something on his shoe.

“What did I step in?” he mumbled angrily to himself. He looked up and saw Tre. “Hey! Look who’s finally up!” Billie said with a smile.

“It’s the guy who can’t kiss in the dark!” Mike said as he shoved Tre on the couch.

“What?!” Tre jumped up fromt he couch. “You kissed the wrong girl,” Billie laughed, pulling Tre back down to the cushion. Tre went white.

“I didn’t kiss you did I?” he asked nervously. That only made Billie and Mike laugh harder.

“Tre, seriously, I think you can tell my lips from a girl’s by now,” Billie managed to get out. Tre looked a little more relaxed.

“Yeah…true. Too many wasted nights,” he said as he settled back against the couch. “So, who did I kiss?” Tre asked, knowing that if it was Adrienne, Billie would probably knock him out.

“Sami,” Billie said.

“Fuck."

“Yeah, she was kinda freaked out. Thought that I did it,” Billie said, smiling.

“What? Did she want it to be you?” Mike said with a laugh. Billie was about to say ‘No’ but then he remembered…

”You know, when I asked her that, she never gave me an answer,” he said. Mike and Tre stared at him. “Th-That doesn’t mean that she WANTED it to be me…I mean…she just thought that…you know…She’s closest t-to me and…” Billie stopped at the smiles on Tre and Mike’s faces. “Oh shut up,” Billie said as he flicked the mystery shoe substance off of his finger at Tre. He laughed at Billie and wiped off the substance from his own sholder. Billie stood up.

“Well, I’m gonna go over to the other room to see my wife. You guys should get yourselves one of those,” he said. That wiped the smiles off of their faces. Billie laughed and left the room.