True to Your Heart

My mind is gone

Image

“Wake up, Nessa, it’s nearly 10am and you’re still in bed,” My mother shouted as she pulled the covers I had tangled around my body, resulting in me falling off of the bed with a loud thud. I groaned in pain and tried to sit up. Tried and failing.

“What is she doing on the floor? I’m glad my presence did such a thing on her,” Dean said smugly from the door. I growled and pushed my body from the floor and glared daggers at Dean who just rolled his eyes and flipped me off. My jaw fell to the floor as I stared at him in utmost shock. I couldn’t believe he just did that while my mother was in the room. I turned to look at my mother but found her facing the picture frames I had on the dresser.

“Now Nessa, Dean and I are going to head off to Port Angeles and stay there for a day or two, we have some… unfinished business to do,” The way she said those words made me remember that other night when she was being all secretive and what not with me. I nodded my head as I scratched the side of my face.

“And you want me to do what?” I asked her, my eyes following every movement Dean was making as he inspected my room. Whenever he wanted to touch something, I would snarl and he would jump and glare at me. But the look on his face was priceless and that it was fun to scare the living soul in his over-rated body.

“Well, I expect you to clean this house and make it sparkle, I want you to iron my clothes and do the dishes and basically make sure you separate my clothes according to the colors,” Dean stated as if whatever he just said were nothing. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when I heard what he said. I gasped inwardly and turned to look at my mother who had a frown on her face.

“No Nessa, you’re not going to do that, I want you to go and stay with your friend or something, it’s… not safe for you to stay alone.” Mother said, ignoring the look Dean was giving her. This was a first, I couldn’t believe mother was really ignoring Dean. Never had this kind of things happened before. I raised one of my brows and tilted my head to the side. “I wouldn’t want you to be here alone, you need to stay over someone’s house so that they can watch over you,” She explained and all I did was nodded my head.

“Tiffany, I think we need to talk,” Dean muttered under his breath but I didn’t know how I was able to listen to him. Instead of acknowledging the both of them, I stood up and walked to my dresser and took out my clothes before picking up my towel and walking towards the bathroom.

---

“Hey Bells, can I stay over at your house for a few days?” I asked once Bella picked up her phone. I heard her mumble something and figured that she was probably talking to her Edward.

“I’m sorry, Nessa, I’m staying over at the Cullen’s and I’m not sure if you can come along,” She said and I sighed before ruffling my hair. She must have heard my sigh for she suddenly came up with an awesome suggestion. “Why not go to Jake’s?”

I opened and closed my mouth quite a few times before snapping it shut. “Are you still there, Nessa?” Bella pressed upon the phone and I muttered a small ‘mmhmm’.

“I’ll just hitch wherever later, thanks for the help Bella and oh, tell Edward, I said uh, hi,” I don’t know what I was babbling about, I truly didn’t and once I heard Bella laughing, I immediately hang up the phone before shoving my phone into the pocket of my shorts. I picked up my duffel bag and started putting in a few t-shirts, shorts and my undergarments. I felt light foot-steps out of my door and I stopped packing once I saw my mother coming in and sitting on my bed, eyeing me.

“What?” I could barely control my actions. She gave me a smile before taking out an… envelope? I frowned when she set it on my pillow.

“Read that when it happens, I might not be here when it does, Nessa,” She stated and my frown deepened. Here she was again, talking in riddles. I wasn’t the brightest one when it come to listening into the hidden messages behind these riddles and whatever it concerns.

“What are you talking about, mother? Can you please stop talking in riddles for once?” I asked her, I know I sound rude but she wasn’t exactly the best mother anyway. She sighed and pushed back her light brown hair to the side before looking at me.

“You will understand once it happens, I can’t really tell you much for it’ll change everything that’s bound to happen and I wouldn’t want that,” She muttered sadly and once again, I was left in confusion when she abruptly stood up from the bed, kissed my forehead and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her. I saw her linger infront of the door for a while before finally walking away. I stared at the envelope before standing up to get it. As tempted as I was to open the envelope, something was telling me NOT to open the envelope, hence I shoved it in my duffel bags.

---

“Why do you have a lot of bags with you, Nessa?” Billy asked me and I just gave him a grin as I set the bags near the counter and kicked them under.

“Well, my mother and her boyfriend are going over to Port Angeles and will be staying there for a few days and I was about to sleep over at Bella’s but she’s staying over with the Cullens and I think, I’m just gonna hitch wherever,” I explained and Billy chuckled before shaking his head and rolled his wheel chair directly infront of the counter.

“You don’t have to ‘hitch’ anywhere, you can come over and stay at my house, I’m sure Jake wouldn’t mind you doing that,” He stated happily and I was about to turn the offer down when something hit my head. At the mention of Jacob’s name, my whole body tingled and I felt hopeless without him around. “And it’s been long since we’ve a female around the house,” He continued, still with the huge grin on his face. I gave him a smile and nodded my head.

“Thank you for letting me stay over, I’ll drop by- wait, I don’t know where you live,” I smiled sheepishly at how stupid I must sound for cutting myself and rubbed the back of my neck. Billy just burst out laughing once more and shook his head.

“Don’t worry, I’ll have Jake pick you up later,” He stated and I nodded my head and started the job, wanting the day to quickly be over, so that I could see Jacob. Whoa, I sound like someone who is sick in love, I thought to myself and shook my head. That’s because you are, My eyes flew open at the sound that was still ringing in my ears and I looked around catiously. When no one was around, I sighed and shook my head before concentrating on trying to do the math homework in front of me.

---

“Hey, Nessa, ready to go?” Jake asked me as he picked up my duffel bags and threw them to these huge guys that were nearly as big as Jake. I stared at the two guys and Jake for a while and blinked a lot of times before fixing my gaze at Jacob who had this interested look on his face as he stared at me.

“Nessa, I want you to meet my best friends, Quil Ateara and Embry Call,” Jake pointed to each of the boys and I nodded my head. The two guys were tanned, all of them are and beared similarities with Jacob. Only, Jacob was hotter and there’s not enough words to fully describe him.

“I’m Vanessa Speltzer, but you can call me Nessa,” I held my hand out and they shook my hands. I nearly, nearly flinched at the warmth their hands were radiating but decided to just suck it up and accept it.

“Yeah, we know, Jake here wouldn’t stop talking about you,” Embry said as he shot Jake a cheeky grin. I felt my cheeks blush slightly and I looked at Jacob who now had a frown on his face as he stared at Embry. It looked like they were communicating, in a silent way.

“Yes, you should listen to how he talks about you, it’s always Nessa this and Nessa that,” Quil teased Jacob and Embry ended up laughing as well. I giggled at their funny behaviors and shook my head. “So are you a good cook?” Quil suddenly stopped laughing to ask me that question. I looked at him like he had grown another head.

“No doubt I can,” I told him as the three of us walk over to Jake’s rabbit. I sild in the backseat and Quil sat beside me while Jacob and Embry sat infront.

“Cause you are going to cook us dinner later, we’re having dinner at Jake’s house, usually the old man’s gonna be having take-outs or something like that,” Quil explained and I raised my brows, looking at him in confusion. As if knowing on my being confused, Jacob finally spoke up.

“Quil and I are cousnis,” He said and my mouth formed an ‘O’ shape and I nodded my head as I snapped my mouth shut.

“This is so going to be fun,” Embry shouted happily and I tilted my head to look at him. Jake was glaring at him and that glare could send anyone to hell, come back to earth and go back to hell! But Embry just shrugged it off, as if what Jacob was giving him didn’t matter.

“Thank you for having me here,” I told Billy as I kissed his cheek. He grinned and shook his head.

“Like I’ve mentioned before, it’s nice to have a female once in a while in this lonely house of mine,” He stated and I smiled.

“This house looks fine, I am just glad though,” I told Billy and he chuckled before wheeling himself back to the living room where I could hear the commentators saying this and that about the match that was currently going on. I shook my head and turned around, only to come face to face with Jacob’s chest once again.

“Come on, I’ll show you, your room,” He grinned and walked up the stairs. Not wanting to waste any more time, I decided to quickly pick up the duffel bags and ran after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally updated! I wasn't feeling very well these past few days and yeah, I just don't feel too good, so sorry for not updating!

I see there's a few improvements in the 'liking' to this story of mine! Thanks for reading it! Comments, rates and subscribes are welcomed :D

PS: This chapter didn't have that much reaction between Nessa and Jacob but yeah, this was the very best that I could milk out of my brain in this current state of mine! Hopefully, the next chapter would be out tomorrow or later on. It depends, really. And don't mind the mistakes I've made here, I will try and correct the mistakes, once I'm feeling well enough!

AND, I really am horrible in photoshopping so don't mind the... weird poster on the top! I was fooling around and decided to do that. And the girl in the pink shirt is Vanessa :) and and, I'll post up a few of her pictures sometime soon!

Thanks for reading, once again!