The Story of a Girl...in a Band

Chapter 13

After getting off the bus at the venue, I realized it's a sad day for everyone. People were sulking around and hugging goodbyes before jumping onstage one last time before Warped was over. My sidekick vibrated in my pocket so I took it out and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Kylie? It's Conan O'Brien!"

"Oh my gosh, hi!" I said, trying not to scream. Alex ran over.

"Listen, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come preform on my show?"

"Of course!"

"Great, well I'll call you later and set up the details. Bye."

"Bye, Conan."

Alex covered his ears and I screamed at the top of my lungs. Everybody, including police officers turned and looked at me. I just looked back indifferently and continued walking. Jack jumped on my back.

"He's not my dad! He's not my dad!" I screamed and the police got Jack off my back. I high fived them, then went on vocal rest. I went to write down our set list.

After moments of pen-tapping and humming, I decided this is a job for super Alex! I ran into the front area of our bus and attacked Alex. I began to speak my voice rest language.

I clicked my tongue a couple times.

"Write the set list?" He asked.

I nodded, smiling.

"Fine. But only because you need to get your aura together, Brah . We need our musical fusion to be awesome, Brah." He said, imitating a hippie. I wrote down on paper.

'Don't make me laugh or I will shoot you, stuff you, and hang you on the wall of my guest bedroom.'

"When will I learn not to mess with you." He said, chuckling while writing down song names. I smiled as it came together, the transitions into each being elaborately amazing. It focused on us as a band, giving everyone a chance to sing and have fun.

Since my head injury, Warped people decided to tape off where I couldn't go. There was a large box around the drum set, as I observed earlier. They don't want me to get hit in the head by stray drumsticks.

We decided that we'd cover Weezer. Weezer is basically a band that everyone agrees with. Everyone had heard a Weezer song.

"How are we going to decide?" Alex said, frazzled. "Which album? Red? Green? Blue?"

I grabbed my phone and texted a simple message.

'Hi twitter fiends. Name a weezer song we should cover for the last day of Warped Ohhh-nine!'

I showed Alex and he immediately said, "And it begins. You've created about 400,000 monsters."

I quickly wrote down : 'No, that's what your mom did last night.'

"I just got burned bad." Alex said, chuckling and walking into the bunk area.

"Time to go fools!" The tour manager said. We got off of the bus for the last time. Our first Warped, almost over.

"Kylie, straight to the stage! You guys are almost late!" The tour manager said, obviously being pressed for time.

I ran up onto the backstage platform and got my in ear and such in, and grabbed my slowly peeling orange duct tape microphone. I frowned as I realized how this dream is coming to an end, and I wasn't too fond of the feeling.

They started the intro for the last time. I ran up on stage for the last time. I preformed the first song for the last time.

"How ya doin Wisconsin? Um, I ask of my band mates to wait a second here as I tell you guys how much this show, right here, means to me." I said taking deep breaths.

"This band started, quite a long time ago, and how this happened so fast was just unbelievable. Now, as you're standing right there, you're seeing history of the band Three Days Until Midnight, the band..." I said, taking a breath as the crowd roared. "I dunno if anyone knows this or not, but this is the LAST WARPED TOUR OF 2009!"

The crowd went crazy.

"I want to remember this show as the show were the crowd was amazing and the songs were played perfect, and most of all, everyone had fun. So could you guys help me with that?" I screamed. The crowd roared.

"Alright, lets do this guys. One more time." I said, turning towards the guys. We went through the entire set list perfectly. Before I ran off stage I had one more thing to say.

"Guys, I have to admit that that was the best show I have ever seen in my life. Thank you guys, because if you weren't here, you'd make for an incredibly sad band. Even if you didn't like our music, we respect you for listening and being here and being a part of the group. I would like to apologize to those people and say that we can only get better, so please come back and hang out with us next time! Goodnight Wisconsin, we love you!" I screamed.

I grabbed the camera and took a picture of the crowd at it's peak. Everyone was smiling, even people who weren't into the music while we were playing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it or Hate it? (:

Warped is over....-tear-